cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRY SCALP

6 REPLIES 6
d1zzy22

Re: DRY SCALP

I am using simple face cream and when i lost my hair just used that on my scalp, worked a treat and for the first time in years had no scalp psoriasis (chemo had some good effects) and lovely skin on my head and no itching!

Ninja

I use Body Shop Vitamin E cream on my bonce. It seems to be the only thing that moisturises it without making it greasy or itchy.

Guest user
Not applicable

My skin is drier all over too. I like Aveemo products as E45 or aqueous has never suited me,makde me itch AND it thins your skin by 10% with regular use. I find Nivea too greasy for me and scented. Aveeno have lotions, creams shower products and lots more. You can buy it or it can be prescribed and keeping skin moisturised is important as scratching can let infection in.

ChoccieMuffin

I found all my skin got a lot drier, not just my scalp, so when moisturising the rest of me (with Nivea Lotion, nothing too spenny, I didn't normally use anything at all) I just continued from my forehead to the rest of my scalp. Seemed to do the trick. Now the hair's growing back again and I'm on rads I use standard shower gel because it's too short to be called a haircut and I often just slap aloe vera gel on my bonce when I'm doing my boob with it.

jenben

Hi I use organic olive oil cream. If you do Internet search, mine was delivered. I do it twice a day.

RevCat

Poor you.

Didn't your haridresser think to come up with any ideas then? The guy who did my shave, back last autumn, told me to continue to use gentle shampoo, such as Simple, on my head and to moisturise with E45 or maybe something like baby oil. I have fairly sensitive skin at the best of times sended up with E45 everything - it doens't smell great but it was effective for me... my hair is now growing back really well.

You could ask you BCN for advice, they often seem to know pretty much anything worth knowing!

Hope all goes well for you and your scalp is soon feeling happier.

angielav

DRY SCALP

Can anyone recommend something for a dry scalp? Had all my hair clippered off yesterday (finally) and my hairdresser pointed out that I had some very patches on my scalp...