DX with bone, lung and liver mets. Vinorelbine?

Hi Ladies
My original DX was IBC nearly 5 years ago. I reported an unexplained pain in my chest area to my surgeon 2 months ago who insisted it was nothing, but I pursuaded him to order a bone scan (I suspected bone problems) The area in question came back clear on the bone scan but a dfifferent area was suspect. Again he seemed convinced that it was arthritis but I pushed and he ordered a CT. He was amazed and I was devestated to then be told I have secondaries in my bones, lung and liver.
The onc is starting me on Vinorelbine soon. He says it causes very little side effects but the literature he gave me suggests otherwise. Please could someone who is on this regime tell me how it really is.
At the moment my world has come down around my ears. From having no real systptoms 10 days ago suddenly I seem to have pains in strange places, probsably where my liver sits. I would like to think I am imagining things but I don’t think so.
The ladies on the forums were so kind and helpful five years ago, sorry but I am asking for your help and support again

Andie

Hi Andie
You will probably remember me from the IBC thread back in 2008, I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of your new dx, I can only imagine how you must be feeling especially with no actual problems from the other areas. Thank goodness it has been found now and can be treated, it makes you wonder how long we can live with no symptoms. Of course I only mean that the sooner treatment starts the better.

I can’t help with the new chemo regime but I know here and on the other UK thread - B C P A L S (google, had to type it like that so you could see it) there are many ladies with secondaries who have been or having vinorelbine.

Rhapsody alerted me to this news so I’m sorry I didn’t reply sooner please accept my friend request on FB if you feel up to it.

Don’t really know what else to say, just keep on in there girl, wonders can be done these days.
Love peacock

hi andie T, my original dx was 2010 sept, with ibc but was dx with secondary to lung, chestwall, breast skin in 2012 marrch i am on vinorilbine right now just finished my fourth cycle with only slight fatiuge and feeling well plus my recent scan showed stable. hope this helps.

HI EVERYONE
I am 43years dx with breast cancer this year feb 2013. Had right breast mx and node clearance, grade 3 and her2+. Today I have been told I have secondaries in my liver. It is a small spot. They are starting with chemo, a drug I cant remember but they have to apply for funding for and herceptin for as long as it takes. They are hoping to shrink it with chemo and if possible surgery. I have now carmed down a little but I am not sure how long that will last. I have read the inspiring stories in the secondaries even before my dx today because I have always thought this would be a possibility just wasn’t expecting it quite so soon. Has anyone got any advice they can offer me. My thoughts are with my children 9 and 14 and my lovely husband at the moment as the thought of leaving them terrifies me. But then I read inspiring stories and see ladies that do carry on to see their children grow into adults and that brings me hope and feel a little more positive. As you can see my thoughts are all over the place but I would be very grateful for a advice.
Angela xx