cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Mail - lastest bc story

94 REPLIES 94
poemsgalore

Re: Daily Mail - lastest bc story

bumping as this is too funny a thread to lose.
poemsgalore

I've just found this thread, it's hilarious. I never wore yellow wellies, always black ones (I go back a bit, coloured wellies weren't invented then - in fact I don't think colour had been invented then). But I did have pigtails and wore knickers with a pocket in them for my hankie. Maybe that was why I got bc.

pg xxx
cornishgirl

Just bumping for the new ladies to make them smile!!
Linda x
libby_2010

Just bumping this thread up for newer lasses who won't have seen it Jxx

Ninja

I have green wellies but at one point when I was a kid, I was forced to wear flowered knickers. Was that the cause?

marial

So now it's being tall, that causes bc. Well I am 5ft 2 on a good day............ I never had yellow wellies so why did I get bc twice ?
I love this thread
Good luck to all the tall yellow wellie wearers, and everyone else too
xx

ragamuffin

Bump!
Funny thread.

cherub

It's been so cold here this summer that I haven't worn Fly Flots this year. However I'm into kaftans at the moment, but I promise I will not stand near anything remotely dangerous in one!

mekalar

Ahhh ya beat me too it sarah 🙂 xx

CheshireCheese

Bumping up again for more recent arrivals. Good for a laugh.

libby_2010

Just bumping up for any recent forum users, go back to the earlier part of this thread hop it gives you a laugh J xx

cherub

For over 10 years I've worked my way through lots of pairs of Fly Flots. Perhaps this was what caused it...............

moser

Oh sh*t I never wore wellies at all, do plimsolls cause it too?

cherub

Oh dear - my wellies are pink flowery ones. Were they the wrong colour? And never mind the oestrogen levels, I'd just like some sex thank you very much 😉

P.s, obviously only did this on a Wednesday 😉

I love this thread 🙂 & there was me thinking that my mother hadn't dressed me in enough pink as a child when having sex whilst wearing yellow wellies is really the cause 😞

mekalar

Wish id found this sooner haha brilliant :)) sure put a smile on my face .. Mel the bit about the estrogen levels during sex tickled me you could have a good point there lol

Jeniffer

Can't believe it - they always have to get the word 'cancer' into everything.

Today they have 'Dried fruit is as healthy as its fresh equivalent and can help combat...'(guess what?).

francesw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTu7GLfrmUI

Glad you found this for us SM - wonderful clip!

stressy_messy

bump

stressy_messy

really laughing out loud xx

cornishgirl

Now no bragging now ladies, especialy you Mel,or i may get a complex lol.
Linda x

triphazard99

Mel - thank god, saved from ever having to have sex again. On second thoughts, somebody copy my OH onto this link? lmao.

stressy_messy

Interesting reading linda lol.... (quote from the link)"While having sex, a woman's body doubles the estrogen level," Well there we have it then my BC was er+ pr+ 8/8 so I claim sex caused mine ;))))

Melxx

corydory

Triphazard ......LOL that is so good (true!!!!) XXX Cory

triphazard99

Linda, please, please, please don't anyone copy my OH into that link or that'll be my early nights off the cards for ever! He's been hugely disparaging of whole 'journalism' today, but that not enough sex thing might just make him decide there is sound fact behind it all....

cornishgirl

Jeeeesssee , now i know why I got BC ,i just wasnt having enough SEX!!ummmmmm, or was i haveing too much??.

"Researches found that sexually active women have a lower risk of developing breast cancer."
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Why-Having-Sex-20-Good-Health-Reasons-71825.shtml

Had a good chuckle at this one and oh,for all those ladies who are concerned(NOT) about todays headlines,theres lots of good tips on burning calories lol, dont you love em.

Linda x (was lindiloo)

evie2007

Todays article really irritates me! I was overweight at dignosis as just had 2 babies a year apart. Didnt drink and breast fed both for 10/11mths. I now sit here, 3st lighter but still overweight and feel guilty that if eat anything naughty or have glass of wine the cancer will come back.

Boooooooo

X

stressy_messy

Or too tight bra,think I read somewhere once that that was a cause...what rubbish lol

Melxx

triphazard99

Well, all the best women get bc, bast*td journos are obviously just jealous. Personally, I blame it on wearing too tight knickers during pregnancy.

hatty

I saw this article months ago pathetic really.

Im so glad i wear green wellys oh hang on a minute ive got breast cancer oops something wrong somewhere.

jackx

I don't smoke, drink too much, had my 2 children young at 21 and 23 and breast fed them both. I'm not over weight and not really a welly wearer but guess what I still got bc!

Take care everyone
Jackie x

cornishgirl

hahaha Belinda,you made me laugh lol i grew up in chippys so am very partial to a lard sarnie myself!
Linda x

oscarbailey

Read a little online, but decided to leave it and read later over a glass of red.

dee49

Belinda i think you should get a taxi to the chippy then you won't have to walk to the bus stop - well that's what I do, ooh and don't forget to pick the beer up too!

ChoccieMuffin

Thank you tors, just what we needed!

stressy_messy

Hahaha that made me laugh.Oooo lard sandwiches yum yum 😉
xx

belinda

I'm wearing my Hunter green wellies, with my pearls naturally, whilst having a swift half and smoking my usual woodbines before heading off to the chippie. The chippie is just at the end of the road so busy checking bus timetables. (And I had a healthy lard sandwich for breakfast.)
x

stressy_messy

Me too lol,45 at diagnosis weight up and down over the years (up at the moment) didn't breast feed and drank way too much when younger.
Thats me sorted then 🙂

Oh I did have red wellies with yellow stars on when I was a child,does that count lol
Melxx

tors

I thought it would be a good time to bring this thread back onto the forums, for light relief given the fact that mr ITV news seems to have told me today that i am to blame for my breast cancer.......and i dont even have yellow wellies.

Vickie
x

Not applicable

Heres another!

20 strange things the Daily Mail say will cause cancer!!

http://www.thedailydust.co.uk/2009/02/19/20-strange-things-the-daily-mail-say-will-cause-cancer/

Flip Flops now in the bin .
Linda x

SM422

hi

Fantastic - so many things that have nothing to do with anything cause cancer - the flip flop one made me giggle, as I live in them!! Obviously caused my BC, rather than the yellow wellies, there's a relief!

Keep 'em coming!

SJ xx

msmolly

http://kill-or-cure.heroku.com/

This site (link above) is brilliant - "Help to make sense of the Daily Mail’s ongoing effort to classify every inanimate object into those that cause cancer and those that prevent it".

triphazard99

Dear disturbed Mail Reader

I would like to add a caveat... the hunter wellies evidently must be full length, as the shortened version (for ease of slipping on to go and collect eggs, or perhaps strawberries if the season is right) apparently give no protection whatsoever.

I am considering writing to my MEP suggesting that all non-compliant footwear carry a health warning.

Respectfully

One breasted in Wiltshire

Lemongrove

Yes, well the "scientists" obviously fail to understand the reason for this - whereas I do!. The reason is that Yellow wellington boots are obviously naff, and worn by people who are seriously lacking in many aspects of their life. If only everyone had the good taste and sense to wear green Hunter wellingtons, they would automatically make themselves a cut above - and we all know that the sort of people that wear green Hunter wellingtons are less likely to get BC.
Hope this helps everyone.
By disturbed Mail reader of Tunbridge Wells.

SM422

Hi there
If you enjoyed the last link (I did), try this one about the Daily Mail by Russell Howard - fab!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTu7GLfrmUI

Enjoy!

SJ xx

AlexD

Excellent link, I really liked the dan and dan song. I also found a Russell Howard on the same site.

thisiscrap

I have a real problem with the Daily Mail. They seem to have one with me too by association due to my profession (Social Worker!). So I absolutely adore this thread and have had a giggle thankyou!

Turn up the volume and enjoy this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

SM422

Hi Belinda
Thanks for the reassurance regarding the disposal of white bread, there are now strict instructions regarding this everywhere in the house, for the avoidance of doubt!!

With regard to the 15 mile walk, glad I have only just read your post, sounds far to like being sensible to me....

SJ xx

belinda

Hi SJ and Sophie, as long as bread is wrapped in the Daily Express or, last resort, the 1986 Christmas edition of the Radio Times all will be well. If using neighbour's bin throw all caution to the wind and use this week's Woman's Own.
Now you just need to do a 15 mile hike then you can really settle down and relax for the evening. 😉 xx