374473posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling Rads of August

Aura

Re: Darling Rads of August

Hi takeadeepbreath , I am due to start rads a Preston soon . So oncologist on Thursday and he said I will be starting in the next few weeks just waiting for planning appointment . My treatments been delayed due to infections . Was you at preston on Thursday afternoon as I was in the que for a drink and a lady handed a green tea bag over to the lady serving . Hope all goes well . 

Also jill how did you get on today was going to post to wish u well  at your planning appointment . but Iv had loads of problems logging on ended up with 2 sign on names last night only just got on now . X

takeadeepbreath

Hi everyone I just started rads at ,Preston if anyone else is? I even got in early today and didn't have time to finish my green tea. It was all over in 10 mins. No side effects as yet but feel tired....could be the tamoxifen flushes waking me up early. 

nappinggirl

Glad you Rads went will Whitejasmin, have a lovely weekend x

missmore, when I had my first CT scan, they said that if they couldn't see my heart on the scan, they wouldn't call me back for the 'Heartspare' one so, perhaps no news is good news for you?  They said yesterday that is just a precaution and that the heart can actually take some radiation without any side effects

Whitejasmin

Hi Maggie haven't caught the man flu (I've warned him if he passes it onto me he can look out). Rads was OK better than I thought, feeling OK. Just lined up with tattoos keep still for a couple of mins and then, see you tomorrow. Got all 5:30 appointments which is great for me as John will be home (he insists on taking me). Glad you had a lovely time with your grandson, going over to see mine on Saturday. Wondering if I'm feeling a bit like you at the moment ( when John says about going off for the day/weekend I say great it'll be lovely to get out, then I get up in the morning and I don't want to go). Joyce x

missmore

It's bizarre lying there getting drawn on! I just wondered because I am a left sider too but there was no mention of my heart
nappinggirl

Appointment went well thanks missmore although I could never actually get used to people drawing on me!

I have to hold my breath for 20 seconds six times during the Rads.  They said that the new CT scan showed that my heart is now well away from where the beams will go.  My Rads will now run from Monday until 7th September.  Good luck to everyone who is having treatment x

missmore

Hi Maggie
the tattoos feel like a tiny scratch, not painful
sheena x
missmore

Hi nappinggirl
how did the appointment go.
sheena x
amberstone

Hi Joyce  hope your day is going ok and you not caught "man flu"Smiley Sad  Hope this hasnt stopped your first rads, let me know what it was like. 

I have felt ok yesterday Had my Grandson for morning rained most of it but we had fun in house, my Daughter is having him where I cant at moment so she had him for the afternoon.  His daddy has him today but always needs company around 2pm. 

We are going away for the weekend have been getting things together. I am not as happy as I would normally be, but it is "away" my Husband's treat so need to buck up a bit. Then it will be rads.

I still havent had my planning letter - they said Monday - I am giving them a call later.

Once I get started on Rads then all this wondering/headaches will go I am sure.  take care Maggie xx

amberstone

Hi Tweasel    Glad you got your meeting, did the tatoos hurt?  I havent had my planning appt letter yet? take care.

nappinggirl

Just had a call from the Radiology Dept. to say that my Rads, which were due to start on Thursday have been postponed as they were not happy with my CT scan (which I had on the 9th July).  I now have to go in tomorrow morning to have another CT scan whilst holding my breath for 20 seconds.  She said it was because it is left side and they could see my heart on the scan(?).  My Rads will now start on Monday instead and still run for 25 sessions with new appointment times.  I hadn't realised that all the appointments would be at different times of the day, luckily I work in a school so 20 of them are in the holidays but they will now run into the first two weeks of September too. Smiley Sad

missmore

Well done x can you see your tats, mine are barely visible x
Tweasel

Hi all. Had my planning meeting this morning. I managed to get my arm into the required position, so that was a relief. Tattoos were done and I start on 12th August. Hope everyone is well xx
Whitejasmin

Hi amberstone, consultant told me I'd be on tamoxafin for 5yrs when I finished rads. Had a good weekend pottering in the garden Saturday, weather has put paid to any more work out there. Think I may be in for a hammering with my husband he's come down with a cold (sorry I mean man flu) awe Bless. Soon be Wednesday just wanna get started now. Joyce X

amberstone

Hi Joyce thanks for reply. glad someone has same thought process like they say "two heads better than one."  Can I ask what tablets?  no-one mentioned tablets to me that is why I was wondering,I will ask when I go to the planning appointment - not got letter for appointment they said would be here Monday!!

Hope you are ok and your weekend was good for you.

Whitejasmin

Hi amberstone seems as if we are, I'm opting for "we've got of lightly". I don't know about tablets during rads I've been too I'll have tablets when I've finished my rads. Joyce X
amberstone

Can anyone tell me if you have any medication/tablets with Radiotherapy??

amberstone

Hi Tweasel   just catching up --  my results were Triple Negative ER negative HER2 negative so they said I would not be able to have Herceptin or Tamoxifen just Chemo and Rads but now I am only have Rads (not started yet).  Did you get answers you wanted from BCC.   Have a nice weekend Maggie XX

amberstone

Morning Joyce   I am fine thanks you hope you are having a nice weekend.  So you are same as me?  Does it mean they have sent us away with no treatment and we keep fingers crossed, or does it mean the percentages are low and really good  - in other words we have got off lightly???   I am so confused.  Does it make sense what I am trying to ask.   I am waiting for post Monday should get date to go for first planning appointment.

amberstone

Morning Sheena   just having thoughts - like they never stop do they.   Can I ask what your percentages were for you to decide against Chemo    I am not sure I understand mine if good result for future or not? Mine were Chances of it coming back without Chemo 4%  Chances with Chemo 2-3%  I am sure we all feel "thick" at times butlike someone said we need a Doctorate after this lot.   I am waiting for letter to give me first planning appointment should come Monday??  Have a good day today everyone. Maggie XXXX

Tweasel

Morning ladies - hope everyone is feeling ok and enjoying the weekend. I'm being zapped on the right side. I'm hoping that I will be able to get my arm into the correct position as it's still quite uncomfortable to raise it up. I have a physio appointment in the morning so hopefully that will help.
Best wishes to anyone starting this week - let us know how it goes xx
PS - has anyone been on a 'Look good, feel better' workshop? I've heard that they are really good so I have booked on one in October.
nappinggirl

My rads run from 30th July - 3rd September.  I had two WLE's the first one on 1st April and the second on 7th May.  It has been a long wait to start the final stretch!  40 mile round trip for me.

takeadeepbreath

Whitejasmin

I'm also starting on 29th but not til 4pm so the day will drag. Also 15 sessions which seems standard. Are you being zapped left or right?

Lucy_BCC

Hi Tweasel

This information from the BCC site may help with your query about the need for hormone therapy:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment...

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Tweasel

Hi ladies. I'm not on any hormone tablets, just Herceptin as my results were HER2 positive. What factors determine if you need hormone tablets, e.g. Tamoxifen?

Whitejasmin

Hi All mine is a different hospital to where I had op. It's about a 30 mile round trip. Like so many of you I just want to get started and get some normality back in my life. Not looking forward to the tablets though been told by a friend she had terrible mood swings on them (tamoxifen). Joyce X

missmore

Hi tweasel
I'm at same hospital, round trip of about 40 miles. Hope my old banger holds up, it's currently sitting with kwikfit getting clutch done, hate not having my car.
not sure if I feel nervous or not, I feel like I just want to get started, another thing out of the way. Hopefully we will all sail through x
Enjoy the weekend as well
sheena xx
Tweasel

Morning ladies. It's great that there will be a few of us in this merry band so we can support each other and compare experiences. I'm feeling a bit nervous at the moment but I'm sure I'll be fine once the treatment starts. Are you all having rads at a different hospital from your other treatment? I will have a 50 mile round trip for mine, which is not too bad. Hope everyone is doing ok at the moment - have a lovely weekend all xx

missmore

Hi Joyce
I'm like you and Maggie, offered chemo but said no thanks
sheena
Whitejasmin

Morning amberstone & tweasel hope you are both well. I was offered chemo as well but decided against it due to being diabetic and suffering from high blood pressure, and was given the same percentage as you amberstone didn't seem worth it for the side effects. Had a lovely afternoon yesterday with husband and dog in one of our local country parks. (It used to be a mine but the site has been converted). Slept better last night must have been all the fresh air I had. Joyce X
missmore

Morning ladies! 

I'm starting on 6th August x15. So will join this happy band and hopefully we will have a laugh and a moan together and get to the end of this without too much sizzle x

sheena xx

amberstone

Hello whitejasmin you wont be far in front of me so maybe we can help each other together with Tweasel. I will have to remember to be on Rads of August thread. speak soon hoefully Maggie

Whitejasmin

Hi Tweasel I'm starting my rads 29th July not quite August but nearly. I'm having 15 sessions to. It seems as if its taking forever to come (I expect it'll be here before I know it. Good luck with your planning meeting mine was straight forward, although I did ask if we had a choice of tattoos, which they thought was funny. X
amberstone

Hello Tweasel   I also had op about 5 weeks ago (15th June)  had lumpectomy and 2 lympth nodes removed, all ok. Been tld I am Triple Negative was told Chemo and Rads  was the plan but visited Onc. yesterday and she wasnt recommending Chemo -  With Chemo 2-3% chance of it returning  Without Chemo 4% so not going to have it. Have a wobbly ticker so not worth putting me through side effects, especially if I got an infection could be in trouble with heart.

I should get a letter Monday for my first planning appointment and then bit like you should start the following week.

After all the anxiety about Chemo, in a way I am happier today - I can deal with Rads, how do you feel about it all?  My Surgery was ok only had trouble sleeping properly had the flippin' drain in 8 days though, my breast is hard/lumpy but doesnt look as bad as I thought it would be - so that part is forgotten now in a way.

Tweasel

Darling Rads of August

Hi all. I have started this thread because it now looks as though my rads will be starting in early August. I will be having my planning meeting next week and I'm hoping the treatment will start the following week. I will then be 5 weeks post-surgery. I am having 15 sessions and will also be having the clavicle area done too. Is anyone else expecting to start rads in August?