69237members
363531posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling Rads of August

Re: Darling Rads of August

Will definitely look into the accupunture thanks! 

Glad you had a nice day off rads... Will soon be over guys.. keep on keepin on!! x

Community Champion

I hadthe tiredness bug time through rads. Wanted to take floradix but was told by hospital that it interfears with tamoxifen so no go. I rested when i had to and stopped work 2 weeks into rads. After rads i have been having sessions of accupunture to combat the tiredness and they have worked a treat. Hipe thst helps xxxx

Had enjoyable rad free day, nice bit of shopping done. Was ready to go to sleep by about 2pm though. Feeling really exhausted now and boob is hurting Woman Sad Anyone got any tips to help with this tiredness other than sleep? I feel like I'm permanently yawning at the minute. Session number 13 tomorrow, only 10 more after that! 

It's crazy isn't it...su h dread of going then it starts becoming your norm...I'm def tired now but not sure if that's letrozole or rads. Anyone got hints to work radiation out of body beside the one I'm using? ( himalr pink salt baths) x

Break tomorrow as no rads due to servicing..hooray. I am half way through and feeling tired and skin a bit red. Funny how you can get used to anything but it now seems normal to go there every day.

I to have told friends and family but played it down that II is not as bad with my parents . We all do what's best for us . Take care ladies

I'm like you familytree an open book and told anyone who asked. Emotionally another story tended to try and be strong for everyone else and did my emotions in private. My son and daughter-in-law took me last night and it was lovely to talk to her (she's just starting her final year in sociology) she was saying it's OK to cry and this should be me time. Instead of thinking of everybody else we need to concentrate on ourselves. I did feel better after our chat and am gonna try and put into practice what she said. Oh well nearly time to go for number 6. Joyce X

Community Champion

People get bored of hearing about it,God knows I do!!!

I think that is why its such a great way to share feelings here without feeling like you may upset family and you guys just "get it" good days and bad

sheena xx

Community Champion

Didn't tell my Dad either,didn't see the point in him worrying particularly as he is very elderly and a widower .

Hi Lorna
your sailing through rads now only 6 more to go eh..yes im same very private with my emotions and cant be doing with molicodleing.. but I spose any chance I get to cry ie funeral/ leavers play for mt daughter etc.. I prob flood all my tears out on my own emotuons ha ..take care x

christine x

Hi lorna x
odd place for pain, maybe you were trying vv hard to stay still and strained your neck?
I'm glad someone else has not told their mum! I haven't said anything to mine, she lives in new Zealand , is 83 and had bc herself when she was slightly older than me and I didn't want to worry, upset or bring back old memories
sheena x

Your welcome,  I had gone into boots and Lloyds pharmacy before I needed the next script to ask what brand they kept.  Woman in boots thought I was mad, could tell by her face lol, they only had wockhart. Lloyds pharmacy said that they got random selection but if I asked gp to specify brand they were happy to help me out and also marked my records with that just in case

sheena

Yes I had to stipulate what brand..not pratting about with different ones. Just back from zap no 9. Had a few pains in throat and chin of all places? Perhaps they missed! I told anyone who asks! Lol I am an open book on everything except my emotions...keep my feelings very hidden. Didn't tell my mum though, I saw no purpose in worrying her. She's too old and never recovered from my brother dying of cancer. Can't wait to swim! Get these bones moving and wake me up! Hope you're all having a good day with or without hubbies 😉 x
Community Champion

Didn't know that Sheena, thanks.Just sent you a message re log on issues.

Jill, you can ask the gp to specify on the script which brand and the pharmacy eill comply

x

Community Champion

25 sessions is a lot to cope with Nappinggirl!On the telling people front everyone is different but to me it felt one of those very personal things that I only wanted to share with a few people I trusted ,and people I had no choice but to tell such my boss.

U think the stabbing shock pains or normal im going to see oncologist on tuesday 9weeks after rads..I was great through rads infact that good I thought or they sure they are zapping me no difference.. then few days towards the end was red n blisterd.. one night I was temptes to put sudacrem on to ease the burning and itchiness.. I thought it did then next day just about to climb on bed they said oooh your boob is red now and blisters I said I know i plasterd it with sudocrem early hrs did it good they all Dropped there mouths open n said NOOOOOO ! 😮 I said what ??? They said dont be using that its got zinc in it I said oh sorry I thought it did it good ;0(

christine x

3 down 22 to go.  They said no more x-rays until next week now so that should speed things up.  We have a bar code sign in which means they know when I arrived (sometimes quite early as it depends on the traffic and time of day of the appointment).  Today I was actually driving out of the car park at my appointment time, all done.  I am using dr. organic aloe vera gel with tea tree oil and arnica as recommended on another thread on here.  The person also said keeping it in the fridge helped later on in the treatment.  It isn't sticky and so far no change in my skin (early days I know!).  I have had a sore boob inside though and had to wear my bra overnight.  It feels a bit like a couple of weeks post op and the 'electric shocks' are back.  I haven't told many people about my treatment/ops, I'm a bit of a closed book, except on here of course! x

Community Champion

I'm going to speak to pharmacist and stick to same brand for a few months,only way to gauge side effects I think.

Im in my 3rd month now of Letrozole but do stick to one same make of it ..they xhange the make 2nd month and was horrid only took 5 tablets and got another script tried 5 chemist till I found my accods make.. so they order them special now for me so dont want to mess them about by trying any others ..x

christine x
Community Champion

Hopefully side effects will settle,only been taking it couple of weeks.Always something to deal with in this long process isn't there?

Morning Jill
yrs its a good thing like you say and yes listening to people mooning about nothing make you mutter under breath you havnt got a clue what im going through..my joint are the same im coming down stairs sideways hate taking them tablets im on Letrozole.. but every time im having a bad day I just blame the tablets ..they have got a lot to answer for..its shocking what a tiny little thing can do to you they must be so powerfull but I do t want to change and see other side effects I'd rather stick with the devil I know I think they are all as bad from reading in here x

christine x
Community Champion

Christine I have told very few people I have cancer,in some ways a good thing as you can be "normal" around people ,but on the other hand people have no idea how petty some if the things they moan about are in comparison.I am feeling fed up today as my joints are really painful last few days and I'm pretty sure it's side effect of Tamoxifen.Hoping it settles as I'm not sure I can put up with this for 10 years.

Im laughing here about hubby comments poor hubbys ! When im trying to turn in my sleep arm under pillow trying to turn Aaaaaaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaaa he will say are you ok ? I think do I sound ok Aaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa .....We dont really talk about it so thats why this site is good for me to off load..and If I ring my friends up I just listen to them chat on about there problems etc... because no one knows about me ..so takes my mind off it.. it must get boring keep going on about it though it probably gets to the point thats all we talk about..at least with me hiding BC.. it stops me chatting to people about it..but dont get me wrong I do love to off load in here its been great for me ..have a nice day ladies (dont be to harsh on hubbys ) ha !

Christine x

Hi all, just been catching up with all your posts - made me laugh this morning! I have a day off rads today Smiley Happy Going for a little retail therapy with my mum today. Felt shattered yesterday and boob is getting a bit sore now - tried some aloe Vera gel last night but had to take it off as it started stinging - ouch! Have got a definite darkening under boob now - going to look lovely on holiday Smiley LOL I've just been using aqueous cream as am allergic to E45. I'm having patch test done in September to find out what I'm allergic to as had bad reaction to make up in March in life before BC! That involves another three hospital appointments!! Good luck to all with your armpits in the air today Smiley Embarassed 

Community Champion

I have "what's the matter",.....you know what the matter is,if you don't want to hear the answer don't ask....Let's face it cancer does get boring doesn't it!!!Don't resort to violence Joyce we don't want to see you on the news....

I swear if my husband asks me one more time "are you alright" I'll do time for him. Grrr. Although the weather forecast said rain this morning, it look !ovely outside. As I'm led here in bed the sky looks beautiful. Have a good day all. Joyce X

Tweasel I know what you mean about the feeling under arm.. mine is still numb so feels weird! will it ever get the feeling back I wonder? I have had no skin problems up to now no. (touching wood!) I bought E45 and the other one (forgotten name) but not even dry skin yet.. sure it will come. The radiographer said it will still be active 3/4 weeks after last one so we will see. 

I will be finishing 2 days after you start! .. will warm it up for you! lol x

Wide awake!

The radiotherapy department gave me some Diprobase cream at the planning appointment,  it's prescribed for sunburn so hopefully I will be okay with that and she said just ask for more if you want some

sheenaxx

Missed having chats with you all today. Have had one of those days where everything is to much trouble (again) have chilled out and dozed on and off all day. Had my 5th today out of 15, got a long weekend off this week (they are servicing the machine) so I'm off Friday Saturday and Sunday. Asked about spa day while I was down there and they said to check when I have my review next week as there will be some things I won't be able to use/have because of skin still being sensitive. Hope weather is nice tomorrow need to get back walking. I use E45 cream Tweasel and am getting on alright with it. Hope everyone's rads are going OK. Joyce X

Hello ladies. It's great to see that we still have a sense of humour despite all the trials and tribulations we have to go through. My rads don't start until the 12th, just want to get going now really. I'm also using Bionsen deodorant but hate the feel of my armpit since I had my node clearance at the end of June. It's still lumpy and I have a lot of numbness too so it feels horrid. I'm having physio to help with the cording and range of movement so hopefully it won't be too uncomfortable keeping in the right position for rads. For those of you who have started their rads, have you had any skin problems so far? What cream have you been advised to use? Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Hope you have a better sleep family tree and good luck for  number 9 tomorrow . Yeh I just want to get started now x

Aura nothing is sacred after B.C! lol.. yes I feel sorry for them too. Today the girl couldn't get me in position at all.. he nose was virtually buried in there! ha.. think she was in training, weight training that is! You will be glad to get dates for it to start. It's weird, you dread it but want it done. I have to say I have hit a wall today but that's posibly because I was wide awake until 6am! appointment at 9am.. I've just flopped about all day. Hate days like that. No 9 tomorrow! x

Good evening darlings

Smelly armpit thoughts,  I have been using an aluminium free deo called bionsen and shaving with an electric lady shaver.  Baby wipes are a godsend but I did read not to use anything with tea tree whilst having rads 

off to bed with my stinky pit

sheena x

Community Champion

Good luck darling rads of August xxx
Community Champion

Hope you get your appointment soon and can get cracking,waiting is so frustrating .
Community Champion

Yes ,we have been having a very intellectual conversation ...

Evening ladies looks like iv missed out on a good chat today on here , writing books , beards and radiographer getting close to arm pits ( I never really thought about that ) poor things , what a job smelling arm pits for a living . Hope you all are well I'm still waiting for planing appointment mind you only so oncologist on Thursday . X
Community Champion

I think perhaps the more expressive people who are diagnosed find their way to this website and are more prolific in their posts....

You will all be in my book...watch your behaviour! X

I've not met anyone there...Oh besides a dear old woman who was on her own from barrow! Bless her she had to wear one of those awful masks as she had a growth behind her eye...I would have died in one of those! She was staying in a room at hospital for a few days, said it was like a travel lodge inside. Felt sorry for her. Yes I've never been called normal either lol. Perhaps it's only nutters get this?! 😉 x

Hope im going to be in your book lorna us lancashire lasses can chat for england ...
christine x

Ye thats a thought ha ..I cant remember what normal feels like but when u say to my hubby cant wait to get back to normal and feel normal again he just says why have you ever been normal !
We used to have a laugh at preston same crowd sat together like our little daycare club they even used to say to me at the cafe Hot chocolate ??
Christine xx

Well observed Christine...wonder why? I will ask tomorrow. Need all the info I can get for my book! X

Jill I'm sure it will all come flooding back before you know it..like riding a bike?! That's if you want to get back to your old life? I don't know anything anymore! Just want to keep going on holidays and seeing beautiful things, then I want to get home...lost the plot! 😉 Christine I can imagine it feels weird leaving the security blanket. Perhaps we all need jobs at the hospital! Lol x

They used to move me and im sure I never moved an inch but then you would hear them say yes perfect bob on ..ha ! One thing I noticed they never wore gloves ! X

christine x

Your right Lorna
laugh or cry and I always say laughing is the best medicine..you have to laugh your way through it and not let it get to you..
but must admit when rads finishes panic kicked un with me I felt all alone like the big safety net had been taken away and my next appointment to see oncologist is 9weeks after rads ..but nice to see boob settled down now x

christine xx
Community Champion

I think because it dominates your life for so long it i must be very weird to come to the end,now for normal life again ,but everything looks different because of what you have been through.Wondering if I will ever be up to doing a very mentally demanding job again,my brain has turned into a sponge .

Yes Christine and it's an art form acting a dead weight! Especially when most are petite young kids trying to position you! Lol x