69237members
363531posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling Rads of August

Re: Darling Rads of August

Hi Christine thanks for reply, it was a bit cheeky of me after I had sent it!   My husband is up at 4am and out 5am he drives for the hotels at the Airport-moving cars from hotel to secure compounds when you leave them to go on holiday and then brings them back for your return - he loves it, drives some dream cars, we just need the lotteryWoman LOL  he is retired but still wants to work, he retired from his proper job after 39 years and got this one after about 3 months retired  ---  he had trouble working the hooverMan Frustrated

I found after surgery my body clock went to pot - in fact it went haywire when they told me I had cancer! I am usually half awake when he gets up and if I have a cuppa thats me wide awake, but I then go back about 5.30am and up again 8- ish  its just all broken sleep.. I have been dozing just and have come up to bed but I know I will be awake abut 2am   and then probably 5 as he goes out - I hate it.  take care Maggie X

All ok after doctors appointment - he checked her chest was clear, said her glands were up so prescribed antibiotics but told me to hold off giving them to her for a couple of days to see if she got better. She's 16, but suffers with really bad throats and has asthma so was a bit worried. She has brightened up a bit tonight so hope she will be ok. Might get the antibiotics anyway in case she gets worse as we go on holiday next weekend.

Godness me SharnieI hope your daughter is ok--- what age is she.  Maggie X

Community Champion

Enrique Inglesias not returning my calls, won't be employing him again..
Community Champion

Poldark has destroyed it .. ( your heart )..Hate to tell you this Sheena but he has been fraternising with a few ladies ... Go back to Gary ,he's more reliable...

Sad indeed, no breath holding for me, apparently they don't see my heart. Maybe I don't have one! Lol
sheena x

Sharnie,, tell that two timing poldark article that I'm sooo over him cheeky cornishman x

Sheena it was only when I started rads that I became a bit depressed.. like you I thought it was the saddest place. everyone looks a little lost and you see all varying stages of peoples treatment, health.. it's heartbreaking really. I didn't like seeing all the masks and body cages  in the rad room either.. god help who ever has to wear them in there, I don't think I could! On a happier note, you do get used to it. I have 2 more! can't quite believe it and sure I will want to be checked for every little pain. I guess we have to learn to live with the fear too eh. 

Glad you survived holding your breath... soon all be over, these past 3 weeks have gone quickly x

Community Champion

He gets around Poldark ,at least he is making himself useful....

Hiya ladies, just passing by, me and my now slightly cooked boob -- and greatly enjoying the Poldark cross-thread contamination :D.  -- [waves little hand] 🙂 xx

Community Champion

No ,they are not compulsory... and they can pain in the a***s even when you have all this going on...

Er that man comment is in the wrong thread! X

Oh Sheena you must be fed up to say the least! Will have everything crossed it nothing sinister. Try to keep your chin up.. Sending love x x
Community Champion

I knew someone else had had a lump appear ,thanks Sharnie. Glad Poldark is being of assistance ,you will get a text message asking you to rate the experience ....

Evening all, sorry to hear about lump Sheena. I had a lump appear a couple of days ago - I was told just to keep an eye on it! Mine is above boob not as far up as shoulder. It does seem to have gone down a bit now - I think it's the tissue underneath swelling due to rads - I was panicking about mine but the radiographers didn't seem to concerned with it. Skin is feeling a little sore tonight and and am a bit tired but been shopping this afternoon. Poldark has just made me a cuppa and I'm chilling on sofa. This time next week all rads will be done and dusted Smiley Happy 

Glad you raised a smile. Think positive! Have a good evening. X

Thanks ladies,  Jennifer you have made me laugh so much  x  tried pressing it just now but no farts came out xx

Hey, I'm sure it's just a lump of fat, need to stop being a drama queen

sheena x

Community Champion

Good point mf you have lymph nodes in shoulder...

Sorry you've got the worry of lumps to go through as well as the red rads boob, Sheena. Hopefully it's wind, though could it be enlarged lymph nodes? My armpit nodes have been swollen during rads, presumably due to the old body fighting all that's happening to it.

Yep, men aren't compulsory! Enjoying my time after 34 years 😉 x
Community Champion

Wind on the shoulder,well I've never heard of that !!Im guessing they pumped your abdomen full of gas during op..

Oh poor you Sheena.  Could the lump be wind?  Don't laugh, when I had my ovary out last week ( I get all the fun) I had a pain in my shoulder which I was told was wind.  Fortunately it didn't come out of my ears but went downwards, where of course it should have been in the first place, and now my shoulder is ok.  Seriously this is the truth.  You might just have wind in your shoulder!! Mad isn't it? 

All I got was a mat that they move me about on!

I was a bit put off by the sign on the changing room door that basically said " I'd you want to pee during the session we will give you a bottle suitable for females! A pissoir I assume! Whatever it is I didn't fancy it much.

Dear family tree -, the holding the breath was no problem but I didn't have to hold for very long at all.  So no bed wetting so far! 

Community Champion

You can do without any "extras" amongst all of this...enough to deal with already .

Re: Darling Rads of Au

Thanks Jill,  it's not even in the area they are blasting,  at least it will be looked at v soon x

Community Champion

I'm sure someone else on this thread was talking about lumps appearing during rads...I will have a look.
Community Champion

Poldark on his way .....

Well done tweasel! And a fetching purple jacket,  lucky you,  I get a pillowcase to cover me! 

good idea to take oh to appointment,  I find it an incredibly sad place to be, the staff are lovely but I think it really hits home what we've all been through and what the future may hold

I made some fudge yesterday to hand in to the staff and gave it to them this morning,  they were delighted. 

I also had my first review meeting,  I explained that right from 1st session I was sore, hot and nneeded to take paracetamol.  So off with the top again and  she agreed that I was very very red and hot. Most alarming of all was that she felt a lump on my collarbone,  she got a "spare"onc to come and see and he has ordered an ultrasound,  hopefully nothing but erring on the side of caution

never rains.....

Somebody cheer me up!  

sheena xx

Community Champion

Well done Tweasel, cross it off the list,every day one less to go...,,
Community Champion

A complete "butter" told mf that breast cancer is caused by someone sucking out your energy or similar....read her post bonkers!!!!

Well, I've started. One down, 14 to go. No problems at all today and I have a fetching purple jacket to wear too 🙂

Community Champion

Jennifer ,I'm hoping taking my husband to my first appointment will have same effect as he is definitely of the same opinion as your husband now op and results are over...Well done for controlling your bladder!!!

Napping girl - as a fellow left sider I say hang on to the difference between "possible" and "probable". My oncologist scared me stiff but when I asked the top rads lady about the impact on my lungs and heart she said " you've been listening to doctors! Of course we won't blast your heart and lungs! " it really isn't worth knowing too much... Take the medicine and move on I guess.

Yes jenni how did the breathing go? X

I've just returned from my second session.  The first was at 5.30 pm and second at 9.05 am today so my husband booked us into a hotel and saw a show in town Last night.  That was nice.  The rads - well I didn't feel a thing, the breathing was fine and I wasn't asked to hold for more than 16 seconds which was ok for me. I didn't pass out and I didn't wet myself.   I got a numb arm and a tingling sensation for about an hour afterwards but nothing you would call pain.  What isn't nice is the state of my boob today - the scar is looking much more prominent and slightly puckered which I hadn't noticed before, it is also rather red and all my veins seem quite blue.  Ugly.  My husband came with me and until now he has been firmly in the " you're over-reacting" " it's all gone so  why so miserable?" Camp.   Well he's not now.  After sitting in the waiting room and seeing lots of women with no hair, some with picks still in their arms from the chemo and one woman so utterly scared and upset that it took the staff well over half an hour to calm her down, he seems to have suddenly realised what a big deal all this is. It isn't anything like treating a bunion is it?  13 more to go........

What have I missed, a complete butter would tell you what? X

I'd say a complete nutter told you that.  Mind you, it's easy to see how you go nutty with all these hormone blockers and radiation being flung around.  Flippin' eck.  Never heard anything so daft. 

Community Champion

Yes well spotted,they apply same rules to bunions as they do to cancer!!!! How was holding your breath??

omg Jill! You must work for local government! Sounds like the standard check list - what a load of old cobblers!

Hi Napping girl.  We sound like we're on the same journey.  I had 2 WLE in April and May intermediate and high grade DCIS.  I am 17 down, 8 to go.  Then that's it unless I decide to go for a nipple reconstruction and a "tit-tat". Will quite miss the lovely radiographers at Leicester Royal

Community Champion

You have a lot to get through napping girl ,at least each day you are crossing one off the list.

8 down 17 to go.  Had my first review meeting today, only last 5 mins.  Basically said the x rays are purely for positioning as I'm left side.  I asked about damage to my lung as, although my heart is now out of the way,my lung is closer to the beams.  He said there would be some minimal damage daily but that the cells would repair as they do in the breast.  He also said that later in life my ribs would be more brittle on the left due to the radiation and there may be some lung fibrosis but these things were possible and not probable.  Everything else, the tiredness, sore boob inside, 'electric shocks' etc were all normal and would settle down when the rads are complete.  Upward and onward then..

Hi Amberstone
my hubby is a truck driver thats what time alarm goes off and its at my side of the bed ...sometimes it set for two now youknow why im a night owl and body clock to pot ha x
chrisrine x
Community Champion

Domestic Gods Inc,now that's a really good name for the company Maria,I will work on the app.

The lung effects were explained as I might get a dry cough, but it would pass.  I hope it doesn't permanently affect my lung capacity.  I'm only 54, I need to do another half marathon - it's the milestone that will prove this is behind me.

Jill, can you develop an App for ordering up your Domestic Gods? Thanks. 

Hi Maggie, thanks for your lovely comments. I'm just back from today's session. I don't know why I have suddenly got pain in my neck/shoulder but I suppose it's the amount of sessions I'm having. These booster ones are just so long as they have to take X-rays first every day to check where the clips are. They had trouble again today. I was all set up ready to go and then they came in and told me they weren't happy with my position so I had to sit up and start the process all over again. It wasn't quite as long as yesterday - was probably about 20 minutes of laying still today.  By the way I had no idea I had clips in my body til this week! I did ask if they would beep at the airport but apparently they don't - I think they are really small. 

Jill - Brad will be free after next Wednesday as that's my last session - can't wait - will definitely be opening a drop of something nice that day! 

Got to take my daughter to doctors this morning as she has had chest pains all night - never a dull moment! Hopefully it's just indigestion but she doesn't look well. 

Have a good day everyone

xx

Community Champion

Not tempted by Eric Pollard....