Did you mean: 

Darling Rads of August

Re: Darling Rads of August

Oh Jill, cold flannel x

Sharon when are you off on lovely holiday x
Community Champion

Poldark stand down ,go Gary ...don't forget ice cream...

That poldark devil has history with me,  I am sticking with Gary Barlow now much more reliable

Jill,  I've been on fire since 1st one, I hope you calm down,  feel like a fried chicken amd bloob is solid

sheena xx

Community Champion

It's like putting breast in a microwave ..,and then lying in the sun all day with breast exposed and no suncream .
Community Champion

Poldark and ice cream dispatched ..,
Community Champion

I am still radiating heat, didn't think it would be so extreme after one session.

Poor you, missmore! I felt like that the first night after rads. Maybe Jill could send Poldark round with some ice cream if he's finished the packing. Marcella

I'm soooooo hot I am going to explode from the inside out!!!!!

Community Champion

Sharon , would you like me to send Poldark to help with packing ???
Community Champion

Over the hump now then??Enjoy your radiation free weekend.

I'm having 15 sessions (same as you I think?). 7 left to go. 

Community Champion

Thanks TW,boob is cooling down now,how many have you to go. ?

Well done Jill - tick one off the list. I'm halfway through now - can't believe how quickly it's gone. I have a large  area of redness but it's not painful so far. Sharon - have a lovely holiday. Happy weekend everyone xx

Community Champion

Got my son to peg out washing today to help out,was interesting ...
Community Champion

Have a lovely "drug free " holiday Sharon,you deserve it!!!My boob continues to give off enough heat to cook pork chop..I will try ibuprofen Sheena.

Hi everyone, hope all are ok. Well done Jill - I think you will feel better about going now you know what to expect. I went to see GP today and got some sleeping tablets as I can't cope any longer with lack of sleep. He did say hopefully as the Tamoxifen starts to leave my system things should improve and I should be able to sleep better. They haven't heard anything from hospital yet about which tablets I'm being switched to! I have to ring doctors when I get back from holiday to see what's happening! So tired tonight, went into work this morning then did a bit of shopping. I really need to pack but don't have the energy. Eldest son keeps hinting that he needs help packing which translates as will you pack for me. He is 20 and more than capable but you know what men are like! Going to try and get motivated in a minute. Have a lovely rad free weekend all xxx

Well done, Jill. Nappinggirl, I was surprised by the area covered too. I can only see it now I've finished rads and my skin has turned browner in that area - it's nearly all the way up to my collarbone on the left side and covers the whole left armpit, even though my lymph nodes were clear.

15 down, 10 to go.  Amberstone, they said that my rads are catching my lung but that it would recover each day as it is healthy cells.  In the future though, there would be a possibility of it becoming more fibrous but that was possible and not probable.  

So happy it is the weekend, boob is very sore inside and has now gone pink but in a big rectangle, I glanced over and saw on one of the screens today that actual area the radiation is covering, I wish they would be a bit more forthcoming with information, I thought it was just the boob they were zapping not the whole left side of my chest.

The getting changed bit is funny, on the first session, it was "get changed into a gown in this cubicle and we will call you in", from then on it was "come straight through and here's a blue bit of paper to cover up with".  It does make it quicker though!

Enjoy the two days off, no lying millimetre perfect, holding your breath or saying "inf" and "sup" in your ear!

Well done Jill,  take care and perhaps do as they told me to,  take some ibuprofen x

Community Champion

Well ,I managed to control my bladder and was in and out in 30 mins.My boob is red hot!!!Hope your second one goes ok Julie,don't be fighting with any elderly people for the parking specs !!!!!

I'm fine today ready for tonight's 5.30 struggle to park .

Good luck, Jill!

Jill, had visions of you peeing yourself!  GOOD LUCK XXXXXX

Community Champion

That should be "working itself up "...
Community Champion

My bladder is working itself already!!!!How do you feel today?

Good luck Jill x

Hi Maggie. That must have been alarming for you. I was told that because the breast shape changes during rads, they review the plan regularly to make sure it's targeting the right area and hitting as little of the lung as possible (mine crossed a little of the lung apparently). I hope that reassures you. You can ask more detail on Monday or by phone before that if you're worried. You can ask to speak to a review radiographer. Good luck. Marcella

Hi Sharnie   How you feeling today?  I had my 3rd rads yesterday and when I got home  Radiologist from Hospital rang 6.30pm (bloody tea went cold) told me not to come for treatment today as they have had a look at my "plan" and they feel it needs "tweeking" as it just catching my lung- OMG what does that mean =- have they damamged it- panic set in as it is my heart they keep saying they need to be careful of! but then he said nothing was wrong not to panic _ I had already done that!!  Anyway they have to then send it upstairs to the "Gods" to be approved,so dont go til Monday.   They are fitting the missing session in Bank Holiday Monday I dont mind we are doing nothing as it happens.

I am off out in short while to my Sons and we are taking grandson to the playcentre for couple of hours, have lunch and then hopefully he will have a sleep in pram on way home and I will get chance to catch up with my son - things gong on in his job - good though promotion to Manager  but with Logans 2nd Birthday and everything going on all week, he has been off and I havent had chance to just talk to him.

I wll look for the Holland and Barratt Allergenics as I am using Sanex Zero body wash which is ok.  I have bought some Aqueous Creme only £2.50 for large tub no point in asking for GP prescription.  I am slapping that on morning and night but I hate the creamy/stickiness of it until it soaks in, cant get into bed until it has.

Please keep in touch on here as we all know you dont just recover overnight, although the men think we do! and forwarned is forearmed as they say.    take care enjoy each day as best you can Maggie XX 

Community Champion

Hope you get some sleep Sharon.Thanks Tweasel hope you are surviving ok.

Good luck tomorrow Jill xx

Good luck tomorrow Jill! Just got back from friends birthday celebrations. Had a couple of glasses of bubbly so hope I can sleep tonight. Got work early tomorrow but only going in for half a day as have a doctors appointment in the afternoon. My daughter is staying on at sixth form to take a levels then she wants to go to uni. I think she will be able to - she's very determined and ambitious, don't know where she gets her brains from! So one less stress to worry about now. Going to bed now as I'm exhausted, goodnight all xx

Nah, but a bra made out of ice would be good!
Community Champion

Not a concrete job then ?

Don't worry, Jill - it's just because the skin is sore now and it's a bit swollen. Hope to be back in a bra soon!
Community Champion

Ooh ,looking forward to how more mishapen my boob is going get!!!

Thanks. Sports bras were great during rads for me too but now I can only wear a yoga top with a "shelf".
Community Champion

My Onc said tiredness builds up for 2 weeks after you finish, frustrating when you just want to get on with life.Not sure how I going to manage my dog, he is used to long walks ,bad enough with Tamoxifen side effects. Give yourself some time to recover Marcella, you will soon be back in gym with polly filla boob...Get the machine warmed up , hoping I won't need it and the penny will drop ,in your dreams Jill... where's Bradley Cooper...

Good luck for tomorrow Jill, what time are you going? Tip to help during rads is get some soft sports bras , couldn't wear anything else for weeks afterwards and only just back in my boned ones now Xx 

Hope it goes well tomorrow, Jill. I've got the machine warming up in case you need it. It's my third day since last rads, and I'm feeling more and more tired, fed up and my boob is hurting more than during treatment. Apparently this is all to be expected, but it's a bit of a disappointment. For some reason I imagined I'd be back at the gym, but I'm not even going for walks or biking now due to discomfort. Oh well. Should be better in a couple of weeks.
Community Champion

Must be cut backs eh Julie!!!Well, I get to wear my chopped up ,marked up bra ,due to large saggy boobs for rads ,so I don't need the towel or gown!!!'Marcella ,0thanks for asking still feeling a bit fed up , will bring self round ,can't be doing with misery or self pity , just would like a bit of recognition that this is c**p!!!

Well done, Aura. Shame you get a paper towel rather than a gown! Jill: how are you doing today?

Hi hope all of you with children who got exam results are celebrating today . Had my 1st rads was nervous . But stressful as car park was full due to a mobile MiRscan unit taking up half if it . Then they were running late but once I go through was fine , when they left me if hit me then thinking this is it here we go for the next 3 weeks . Didn't get a gown just a piece of blue paper towel to go over my boobs . Back again tomorrow free hot chocolate with marshmallows can't wait ! X

Oh Well done to your daughter and you sharnie..good parenting equals successful children x x

That's great news re your daughter, Sharnie.
Community Champion

What does she plan to do next?
Community Champion

Nice to have some good news !!!!

a little bit behind but hope all family had good results from Exams

I am just off to 3rd Rads   take care Maggie XXXX

So proud of my daughter she did amazingly well - had happy tears! Going to celebrate tonight! Xx

Thanks Jill - my daughter is so worried about hers - I've tried reassuring her but she is convinced she hasn't done well. Fingers crossed all will be ok xx good luck everyone 😃