Did you mean: 

Darling Rads of August

1,334 REPLIES 1,334

Re: Darling Rads of August

Ok hang on im coming !!!1!
Christine x
Community Champion

We've kicked the September Sizzlers off Christine,see you there!!!

Hi blonde september sizzlers sound good to me x
christine x

Right, I'll do it Jill x

Community Champion

Start our own and invite the other ladies to join us if they want to ,no harm in having 2 threads anyway there will be enough people going through it.Who wants to kick it off???

Hi Christine, it's called Starting rads mid September,II think perhaps we should go with starting a new one, someone suggested calling it September Sizzlers, what do you reckon? X

Whats it called ?? The september one ? Cant find it !!!!!!
christine x

unanamous then... lets move to September! goodbye August, glad to see the back of you 🙂 so shall we join the one already going? x

I'm happy to move to September x

I straddle both months too, happy to shift or stay here x

I'm happy to shift, though I'm done.
Community Champion

There is a starting rads mid September thread,that quite a few seem to have posted on.
Community Champion

Youre being optimistic Lorna !!!!P****g down here .Im only moving if everyone else is happy to do so,don't want to lose my support network right in the middle of this!!!

September sunshine! 😉 x
Community Champion

I don't mind either way...

Community Champion

September sizzlers?

Ye we need to moving over to september now ladies what shall we call it ???
Christine x

Is it easier to stay here? I don't mind but you won't be long in Sept before you finish will you. Though there will be newbies who need a place to go so perhaps it needs starting x
Community Champion

Should we be starting a September thread or should we continue to hang out here???Any thoughts?I am straddling both months but I know a lot of you have now finished.

Community Champion

What else would you use Clarins bubble bath for ??????

Good luck to everyone getting rads this week. Son came back from hols yesterday - found him washing wetsuit in my Clarins bubblebath (BC present)!
Community Champion

Happy September!!!What happened to the summer????Off to get fried.Look like one breast had got chicken pox....

Wow she dies oldham colesium every winter christmas panto she done palace in manchester yes lots and lots of hard work and running around christmas panto last 3 months lol so christmas festive is out the window for us lol x

christine x

Cool. Has she an agent? Gees at Salford pendleton doing drama. Been in a few theatre productions in Oldham and an extra in a few tv shows. And yes, lots of driving round! Lol x p.a hungover again! 😉 x

ment school prom filming ha this bloody keyboard.x

christine x

hil Lorna yes she is into just about everything she has been filming all the holls for the 4oclock club its about a school teenagers dropped her off today she is fiming the end of term prob they all looked aamazing..x

Cchristine x

Christine does your daughter act? Mine does too! X

I've no appetite either nappygirl...can barely finish a meal. Happier nibbling..hope I lose weight! X

Thank goodness we can share here, its awful sad we have to keep secrets from loved ones.  I did tell my son who's 23 and living at home and he has been my champion and has put up with tears and tantrums from me, but I couldn't tell my mum. She lives in new Zealand and is a bc survivor herself,  I know she would feel helpless and upset being so far away

sending you all huge hugs

sheena xx

It's hard telling people my parents where the wist ones to tell . My mum had sarcoma cancer 6 years ago but is fine now . My husband was in denial at first . Both my daughters where with me when I got dignoised and take it in turns to come to all. My appointments . Mind you they are 31 and 24 . Must be hard if you have younger children .

I told my daughter as soon as I was referred for investigations. She is 20 though so easier than having to tell younger children. Telling my parents was hard though as they are in their 80s. I also told my work colleagues - it's surprising how many have a family member or friend who have had BC too. 

Hope everyone is managing to enjoy the long weekend and the break from rads. It's pouring with rain here and I have a ton of washing to do before we go away 😞 xx

If you are diagnosed with say bowel cancer the chances are that you have been feeling unwell for quite a while, but breast cancer comes out of the blue. This is why it is such an emotional shock. I was feeling perfectly well until I found my lump in February. now after all the treatment I feel like I have aged 10 years!!

We must be kind to ourselves & stop apologising & feeling guilty. We should be proud that we have come through this, and that thanks to the wonderful medical treatment we have received, we will soon be well again.

I especially applaud those of you who are unable to confide in your family. That is a very sad situation to be in but I fully understand your reasons. Hope you all enjoy the bank holiday.

Monica x

Not here it hasn't! Might just have stopped raining though but I'm to scared to look....

Community Champion

The sun has come out!!Quick get outside before it disappears!!!
Community Champion

Jo ,I told him I was having Gynae operation and he knows I am off sick.17 yr old boys are not very observant !!!My Dad is 85 and lives alone I haven't told him either,think it would probably have killed him.Difficult balancing act this thing isn't it, protecting people but also needing there support.

Actually my mum doesn't know about the BC. She went into a nursing home last year after a stroke and can't speak. I tried to tell her but she just started pointing at someone's stash of crisps. Decided not to worry her with it.

my daughter knows ive been off work but just thinks ive got a sore shoulder ive had to tell them in the office at work due to all the time off ive had apart frim that only my hubby and sis know ..I didnt want my mum to find out she would be worried sick yes it has been hard work calling at my mums and she be telling me whos got cancer and saying its shocking poor thing some one is always having sadness.and im sat listening thinking you havnt got a clue at all about me..ive even put my uniflorm on many a time called had coffee as if im working so she dosnt smell a rat..if anyone from work would have seen me diving with uniform on they would have thought I'd gone round the twist .x

xhristine x

Wow Jill that's good that you have managed to keep it from your son, the worst thing in all of this for me was having to put this on my boys but I couldn't risk them finding out from anyone else and they would soon have known something was going on with me and their dad being off work a fair bit as it never happens, does he not wonder why your home at the minute? 

Yes, took them back. Christine. Jill: I have told everybody - colleagues, family and friends. didn't want rumours about "gardening leave" at work and was so stressed and frantic re diagnosis, I decided to tell kids as soon as I knew prognosis was good so i could emphasise that. Must be hard for you not being able to talk about it - on the other hand, I probably discuss it too much.

Just laughing at my spelling just as I thought it was getting better ha! hopefully I can be getting myself back to work in the next few weeks x
christine x

Its so stressful getting them back to school I had the shoe shopping last week she wont wear clarks school shoes any more ended up with a pair from debenhams like ballerina style slipping off not pracrical for school tols hrr she wobt keep them on needs elastic or bar across she said she wants them type watch this space KIDS ! eh do they listen ! I would take the shies back if that happend after two weeks I took some back to clarks last year after two weeks a youbg lad messured her feet and I said can get my dinger inside all arou d front of foot what happend they all split with the baggyness everytime she walked they took them back no probs and remeasured her feet he had done it wrong x
christine x
Community Champion

Sounds like you have been meeting yourself coming back.My son was doing his exams when I was diagnosed so protected him from what was going on, then never found the right time to tell him.When is the right time to scare your children ????He would be more helpful I guess if he knew , too late now.Very few people around me know what is happening ,in some ways good ,can be normal around people,in some ways bad people don't make allowances for you,no bunches of flowers, fruit baskets etc!!!!!!Exciting day ahead food shopping followed by visit to care home to take mother in law out.Now if you weren't depressed before you went there you will be afterwards ,as nice as it is it ,still has the feeling of being Gods Waiting Room....

Crikey, Christine. I can't believe how much you've managed to do. Hope you get a rest once school starts. I've still got shoes to get for my youngest - bought some but the colour came off the leather after two wears!

Same here Jill and the weather dosnt help neither ...not slept a wink last night just listening to the rain..thinking about getting back to reality..daughter back at school on wednesday ive been running around with her for weeks she has been filming for the bbc and u think today is the last one end of series..ive been having to take her at 6/7 am in mornings to manchesrer and most nights pick her up at 7pm.. tonight gonna be 10.30pm ish ..she starts secondary school this time so been hard to uniform shop with her being so busy ..she also has me running round with dance club and comps inbetween but ive still managed to do it it all through my opp rads etc and she hasnt even got a clue whats been happening to me ..x
christine x
Community Champion

Bank holidays always make me depressed at the best of times!!!

Think it must be a day for reflecting on whats happened, i really dont dwell on it much but we do talk about it and have had a "christ what the hell"!? kind of day today! Got so much to look forward too in sept and in just so grateful to be well and able to enjoy it ! Xx
Community Champion

You're right there Christine impossible to explain to anyone who had not been there .Better day tomorrow I hope.

I think we all have one of them days jill something just gets a grip of us its very strange what is happening to us I never know whay tomorrow us gonna bring we just gotta be tuff easy said than done but people who hasnt been theough this its hard to imagine what we are all going through its just unexplainable ! X
christine x
Community Champion

Yeh, wine is very healing....!!!!! I agree ,I was just thinking life has been swallowed up by this for months.Feeling mentally crap today, I'm normally pretty positive but had one of those days when the enormity of all this hit me.

I got like a prickly heat rash and then blisters was itchy for a while I had steroid cream was brill then maybe a week or two afterr rads I got infection under boob skin broke out but antibiotic cream put it right ..god iy feels good to be feeling normal its like one big bad dream for the last 6mnths..x the wine is taking effect now but spelling getting better maybe thats the secret more wine x
christine x
christine x