cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling Rads of August

Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Darling Rads of August

Think I am going to find it hard to keep still,hate feeling trapped also,so will have urge to get up and run off !!!
familytree

They do take a lot of pictures before they zap you don't they...I count how long it takes and got up to 90 / 110 seconds 😉 passes the time and keeps me from moving. Along with pretending it's a yoga class...melt into the bed and relax! Lol x
Jill1998
Community Champion

One crossed off the list,how many have you got?
nappinggirl

Had my first session today (20 minutes late).  Lasted for 35 minutes which I was surprised about, had several xrays taken and then the radiotherapy.  The machine gets really close which I didn't anticipate!  It was ok though.  From leaving home to arriving back was almost 3 hours.  I have been tired ever since the operations so nothing new there.  Hardly slept a wink last night so that didn't help.  Hope everyone has survived the day x

tweeks123

Im on my phone I always have been and never had a problem but every time I do get the message to log on im getting security warnings not safe..at first I thought I had a virus and the site hadnt really changed it was a virua that took over ...

christine x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Don't worry Jo .we know it's not your fault!!Website changes cause a lot of headaches, hopefully next week things will be
resolved .
Jo_BCC

Hi Kim and all

So sorry about all the problems we're having.  Please bear with us, we are making notes of all the problems users are having and these will be passed to the technical guys on Monday morning - they're going to love us!!!  If you continue to encounter problems once into the new week please do let us know by dropping us an email to moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk 

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Jobey68

I think it's gone quite mad! I'm signing in as Jobey then get "welcome Kim". ! 

tweeks123

Your guess is as good as mune kim im struggleing evertime I try to get back on..
bring back the old site I say x

christine x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Jobey,think it is having a nervous breakdown!!They seem to be trying to sort out glitches I think.
Jobey68

Can someone please explain what's going on with the website?

Jill1998
Community Champion

They seem to still be messing about with website,the layout and log on has changed this afternoon.Try logging off and logging back on again.It also seems to differ re promlems depending on what you are using to log on eg i phone,tablet etc.Hopefully all with be running more smoothly soon.

tweeks123

Hi struggked to get back on again ive received a private message and cant find it help any one x

Christine x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Christine I've found that it you haven't been active for 5 mins or so it logs you out even though it says you are still logged in ,so you have to log out and then log back on again to post .I guess it is a glitch they may fix at some point.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Joyce when I couldn't log in on Friday as myself(they gave me a new identity!) and it took away my friends and wouldn't let me post ,I ended up in tears ,I see other people talking but it wouldn't let me say "hi I'm having a really bad day" didn't realise quite how much I needed to talk to people who understood till I couldn't.My sanity was saved by the fact that I had just given my mobile number to another lady I met when I had my lumpectomy and I we exchanged a few texts that kept me sane(thank you Claire).
Jill1998
Community Champion

Men have a low boredom threshold ,doesn't matter whether it is in relation to a life threatening illness or not!!This goes on a long ,long time with lots of highs and lows and different emotions along the way .As Lorna says it is hard for other people to understand what on earth we are feeling I guess.Could certainly do with a bit more TLC and understanding in this house as I am certainly not on the other side of this yet.
Aura

Hi ladies all in the same boat , problems with this new site and feeling tired and then to top it all husbands I won't start to tell u about mine cause I won't know when to stop .he just thinks that's it all back to normal now just had a rant with him he's left his electric tooth brush on the side in the bath room to be charged instead of plugging it in himself thinks the sodding tooth fairy will do it ( me ) and now we have to go and look for a new sofa as our youngest daughter is buying a house so we promised her ours , so anouther fall out cause what he likes and I like are never the same , have a nice afternoon ️xxx
familytree

Gosh Christine you were fit! Must be a big contrast to you not being up to it now. Where as I was always a lazy sod so not much difference! Lol. Don't overdo it though...seriously the tiredness is your body diverting the energy to where needs healing so go with it. Moderation for the next few months I think. Have a lovely day x
tweeks123

Atyernoon ladies wow managed to reply on here I really dont like this new site..one minute it says im logged in then when I want to reply its says log in then takes me somewhere different again arrrgh ! Anyway im here now dont know how I got here but hope can find my way back here ha.. im laughing about all the comments on hubbys..same here mine just thinks ive had thee opp they got it out im ok now never mentions it thinks its all ok now so this site is so good for me to chat on I cant wait to feel normal again.. im so exhausted by lunch time.. I was walking 16 mile hill walks nearly daily while going through rads and now ive not been for 4weeks.. im so tired maybe its all caught up with me I gelt so fit and healthy at first now im fit for nothing ..Im going to get my walking gear in and get out today force my self and not be beat ! Have a nice weekend ladies x

christine Xx
familytree

Hi ladies x
Had the same trouble 're posting..very frustrating. As far as people around you ( husbands) not understanding I'm with you but then we are trying to get our heads around it too, Hense the moods so it must be so hard for them to know what to do and say. I think when they hear a good prognosis they are desperate to cling onto that and try make it business as usual for their own sanity. I left my partner last year so don't have to contend with it. But friends, family have definitely chilled back to normality. It's very weird when you feel far from normal. I think it's really important to share how you feel, let them know what's going on in your head...give them a clue! Lol. We can't expect them to know. It's new to all of us. Hoping you all have a good day...before the joy of rads starts over! X x
Whitejasmin

I had trouble signing in over the weekend as well. I just burst into tears when I couldn't post anything. Funny how something like posting on this site can have such a huge effect on us. Where as if we were OK we probably wouldn't take any notice of it at all. My emotions are all over the place at the moment. Oh well tomorrow's another day. Joyce X

Whitejasmin

Hi Jill1998 thank goodness someone else is going through the same as me. It seems I'm in for another day of it. As long as the husband does't ask what's the matter or are you OK (stupid man of course I'm not OK). I'm gonna try and not explode. Think I'll go and potter in the garden and take it out on the plants. Should be safe out there. Have a good day. Joyce X

Jill1998
Community Champion

It locked me out until Friday evening and then wanted to give me a different name and wouldn't let me post!I felt quite panicky that I couldn't talk to people,made me realise just how much I needed to.
tweeks123

Morning ladies its took me forever to get back on here since the site has changed uve missed catching up woth you all nice to be back and see how your all doing x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Joyce,I have a very low tolerance of things I would have let pass at the moment and can cry at the drop of a hat.This while thing is physically and mentally exhausting.My husband seems to think this is pretty much over,doesn't feel that way.Taking yourself off to bed to limit damage not a bad plan!Hope you feel better today.
Whitejasmin

Well nearly the end of my first day of the weekend off and what a day it's been. Think I'll cancel it and start again. Started off great and I've gone down hill fast, husband can't do anything right, I'm on a very short fuse so came to bed about 7:30 out of the way as I was about to explode. Got the sweats and now can't sleep. Oh joy. Rant over. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. X Joyce

familytree

I am about 5 miles away at clayton le woods so not far at all though it can take ages if app is at rush hour. There was an old woman there from Barrow in furness bless her. I think it serves a huge area. Been nice to have a day off today 🙂 x

Lorna x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Takes me about 40 mins too,think people have to travel further than that too.Hard when you have to go so many times as well .
Aura

Hi I'm hoping to get afternoon appointments as I want to work mornings for the 1st 2 weeks then I will go on the sick again till I'm right again . it takes me about 45 minutes to get to Preston .do you ladies having rads at preston have far to travel . Have a nice weekend xjulie
familytree

Good point 're the 1 in 100. There is so much to learn and take in isn't there. I've forgotten what life was like before this crap. Lol. Hey but we're being treated so have to be very grateful for that. X
Jill1998
Community Champion

Think I will give it a try re appointment times don't want to there at 8.30pm!!!
Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes ,in my case it's 1% diff over 5 years, 2% over 10 years with tamoxifen.If the side effects are too bad it's not going to make a dramatic difference to stop,but I guess if you are the 1 woman in 100 that it keeps alive it's worth trying it and seeing how you get on.
familytree

Yes weekends off which is welcome. I just got a print out of all app times which have varied from 8am to 830pm. Don't know about bank hols. Hey I'm more shocked reading the benefit percentages on here for taking the hormone blockers for so long. It barely makes a difference as far as I have read..need to look into it x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Lorna/Takeabreath your appointments are Monday to Friday at. Preston arent they and not weekends,also wondering whether they work as normal Bank Holiday Monday?Do they have any consistency ?The radiologist said I could ring up and ask if they could fit me in at particular times and that they may be able to do that,but I'm wondering whether a bit of variety may be good although she said they were there up to 9pm so I really don't want to be there in the evening.
familytree

Oh that's awful.. wonder why you were left waiting so long? Like it's not bad enough, you just want to be in and out dont you! 

Hope that's the last time you are left waiting x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Small world eh!! I was there for hours today!!
familytree

Hi Jill

I am at Preston too! had my 6th rad today.. I have to say they have been great! no delay's etc. Free parking and free drinks is a nice touch. I do get tired, it's draining but not sure that's the rads or the whole drama of having BC catching up with me. I can't believe how busy the place is! 8 machines and 50+ people a day on each one.. this damn C is of epidemic proportions! It's an eye opener for sure x

Jill1998
Community Champion

The whole thing is an exhausting process WJ,enjoy your weekend off.
Whitejasmin

Gosh you all seem to be going through it in your neck of the woods, I've been very lucky compared to you all up till now I've been seen on time. 3down another 12 to go. My boob is starting to get a little sore and my shoulder is aching, I'm very weepy and tired (which could be down to me not sleeping very well). Doctor has given me another note he doesn't want me going back to work until I've finished treatment. Have a good weekend all. X

Jill1998
Community Champion

They gave me option of coming back for further appt with spare bra/bring more crap one to cut holes in, but as I'd been there 3 hours,I said just take the bra and went home unsupported !!!
Aura

Note to oneself  after reading what you said Jill I will take a spare bra incase they do the same to me . my boobs do not look a pretty site with out support . Hope it was not a new bra they put the holes in . I'd of been raving to  , but I must admit I did see the funny side of it I bet u was horrified when they said they had to keep your bra x

Jill1998
Community Champion

I'd rather do without the tea and be in and out on time. !!
Sharnie

Don't get free cups of tea at my hospital! Mind you they are really good at keeping to time, so far I haven't had to wait long at all and they usually call me through earlier than my appointment time - wouldn't have time for a cuppa! I was advised to make sure I drink plenty and eat well to help with the tiredness. We have to remember that are bodies need time to repair the damage done by the radiation! 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hope so, not a good start , had my free cup of tea though,had lots of time to drink it!!!!!
Sharnie

Hi takeadeepbreath, my tiredness started yesterday which was session 8, but I have been struggling with sleep since being on Tamoxifen so don't think this has helped. I have to work unfortunately as its our own business - I have cut my hours as much as possible though. Just going to try and rest when I can. I have a holiday to look forward to at the end of August so hope I can get plenty of rest then!
takeadeepbreath

Bad luck having to wait so long...I can't believe they lost your notes, that hardly inspires confidence. 2 and a half hours is ridiculous, no wonder you are seriously annoyed. Don't let it put you off though as I'm sure your next appointment will go smoothly. You were just unlucky.

takeadeepbreath

Sharnie I also finish on 19th August though I'm only having 15 sessions so only had 3 so far. Interesting that you say the tiredness kicks in after 10. I am trying to get stuff done now in the expectation that I'll be flaked out in a week or so. I've been religiously applying cream twice a day and doing arm exercises so my arm does not stiffen up with the rads. I had cording after surgery and have been seeing the physio who gave me a rope pulley to exercise with at home so I'm using that.

You have done well working part time but I would give up if it gets too much. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi ladies of the Preston contingent !!!I had to wait 2.5 hours for my planning appt today as they couldn't find my notes!!!!P****d off to say the least , to add insult to injury due to floppy nature of breasts said I needed to wear bra during rads,so cut holes in mine and drew all over it then kept it for the sessions,so had to go home 'unsupported ',not a good day...
takeadeepbreath

Aura think that was me handing over the green tea! It is supposed to be better for you than ordinary tea so I have been drinking gallons of the stuff. Come and say hello if you see me again but we may not overlap. Sorry to hear about your infections and hope you re better now.xxx
Sharnie

Hi ladies can I join this thread as am part way through my rads - I finish mine on 19th August. I am having 15 sessions followed by 8 boosters. I am struggling with tiredness now - felt awful yesterday, had to go to bed after work. I'm working part time at the moment. I'm having my appointments in the mornings and find the tiredness kicks in middle of the afternoon. Boob is a little tender and slightly pink but ok. Session number 10 tomorrow so almost halfway - it does go surprisingly quickly. Wishing you all well with your zapping and have a lovely weekend x