Darling Rads of May

Anyone starting radiotherapy in May ? I hopefully will be as saw Oncologist yesterday and due planning meeting in a couple of weeks with a start after that. I will be going to St Thomas 's in London which is close to work so feel lucky but waiting to see how I will feel working during the treatment. Good luck to all x

I am starting next week but continuing into May. Was originally going to start end of March but problems with seroma meant it had to be postponed for a while. So I actually straddle 3 months threads. Hope its OK to be part of this one too! xxx

Hi

I have just had my planning meeting and will be starting either very end of April or more likely start of May in Torbay if anyone else is in sunny Devon…I would be happy to meet with anyone for chats and support.

Katie x

Ive got my planning meet on 21st april so wiil most likely be May. Nice to meet you all. My hospital is south wales, swansea    julsx

Hi Eileen,  been worried about you. Sorry to hear about your mum, is she ok now. Are you ready for rads now?  I am on number 9 tomorrow and so far doing ok. My appts are in the afternoon which is great as I finish work at 1.30. Keep in touch and thinking of you lol xxxxx

Home from work today and letter from hospital with CT scan and planning meeting on Friday 24th April with radiotherapy to start on Wednesday 13th May feel better now I have got dates and feel next chapter in this journey is ready to start x

Good news blossom, it’s great when you get started, surprising how quick it goes. Will bevthinking of you. Hi Eileen, good you have started,  I  had the same problem with Tatoo, she had to do one 3 times. The weeks really do pass quickly. I  have had 3 where taken up to 50 minutes late. But, I have met some very brave and happy positive people. It’s scary just how many people this horrible invasion attacks people. Wishing well for your mum and to you, keep in touch lol xxxxxx

Had my planning meeting on Friday all went to plan and marked sure the radiogrpher had heard 100 times for a dolphin lol and I am doing the hold breath process -about 30 seconds at a time do should last that. Most appointments are late pm so not sure if I will be able to manage work as well as will be travelling through London rush hour joy! Also have one appointment on a Saturday afternoon is that usual? Hope everyone else is doing ok x Sarah

Hello everyone. I am starting rads on 7th May after being diagnosed with type 2 ILBC in February. Unfortunately, just one week after I found out I had BC,  and whilst I was awaiting my biopsy results,  my beloved mum died unexpectedly.  So the last few weeks have been a cacophony of emotions.  I am seeking counselling to help me cope with the loss of my mum, and have been looking at forum posts on here which have helped. So today I took the plunge and registered. Re the BC, I had a WLE and 3 lymph nodes sampled at the end of Feb.   The results showed there were clear margins and no lymph nodes involvement.  So I am about to start 15 sessions of rads at Shrewsbury and have 5 years of Anastrozole to take. I know I am incredibly lucky so far, and fingers crossed I will continue to be. So ladies of The Darling Rads of May, may I please join you on you journey.  xx

Hi Sorry to read your post must be a very difficult time for you. Hope the first session goes well x I had a call today to say my sessions have been reduced but not sure if the appointments I have are the reduced number at 23 or wet her they will be cut back. May call hospital again tomorrow x

It’s well and truly May so I guess I’ll post in this thread now.

Started last weds so had 3 doses then a lovely long weekend.

4 doses this week and normal weekend.

5 doses next week and finish with 3 week after.

I think it might start getting tricky soon. 3 last week was a doddle.

There is a small, free car park for Weston Park but when radiotherapy is running late the spaces never seem to free up so it’s searching for a local street parking place or walking a long way from the main hospital pay and dispay multistory (which may be full anyway!).
‘My’ usual machine is being serviced today/tomorrow so I’m moved to another and after 5pm appointments so the free car park is almost empty by then :slight_smile:

Hi I too would like to join this thread. Had lumpectomy last September to remove 20mm IDC along with 3 lymph nodes. Got good clear margins but all 3 nodes were positive so had to have another operation to have full node clearance, 2 more nodes infected so altogether 5 out of 14 positive. Have had FEC T and currently on Herceptin and Pertuzemab (on a trial) as HER2+. Started radiotherapy at the end of April and have had 9 out of 15, so am a bit further on than some of the ladies on this thread. So far the radiotherapy has been ok, no side effects, not even pink yet, which surprises me as I have fair skin and burn in the sun easily!

Sue, I too am having radiotherapy to clavicle. Was worried about having it there but so far it has been fine. Good luck to everyone else starting or having radiotherapy.

I’m over half way. 8/15 today.

Nipple feeling a bit tender but otherwise nothing to report.

What is the purpose of all this e45 etc cream?

I’ve been using a very gentle, for sensitive skin, natural ingredients body lotion (temple spa) … when I even remember, and the radiologist didn’t seem to approve. I’m thinking if my skin starts looking like it needs help I’ll pop out and buy a big tube of e45 but so far I’m wondering what the fuss is all about.

My hospital advised using aqueous cream so I bought a big tub of that and been using it every night.
Eileen I bet you’re glad that it’s over - well done on getting through it. Are you on tablets now?
Whitfield - nearly there now, hope the burn isn’t too bad, are they advising anything to use on it?

Hi, I’ve just had 4/15 & nothing to report!  My hospital at swansea suggested E45 or pure aloe vera gel so not sure what the fuss is with E45 !! Ive got both but prefer aloe vera, put it in the fridge then apply when cold- its very soothing.

Take care all, weve nearly cracked this.  Julsx

Starting radiotherapy tomorrow and feel exhausted today not sure if it’s the letrazole or stress of my mum being in hospital. Will be working around the appointments so worried I will get more tired. Any tips on best outfit when going for rads want to be comfy but smart for work! Hope it goes to plan tomorrow feels odd as forgotten about the C in some ways as operation back in March but this brings it all back to reality

Hi blossom, wear whatever cos you are given a gown to put on with poppers at shoulder. I was given it to keep for all sessions then hand it in at end. You change into gown everytime you turn up.  So no worries.    Julsx

We have to take our own gown to St Thomas ’ s in London! Good luck with your wedding plans Pink Anemone xx

Interesting how different hospitals are. At mine I was given a pair of socks to wear, like cosietoes, to stop me slipping on the floor. I take them home every day, but the gowns we have to hand in every day to be washed. Wish we were allowed to keep them until the end as last week they had run out when it was my turn so I had to wear my own top and then strip off when I got in the room, and a couple of times they have only had extra large sizes left which have hung off me like a sack!