Daytime secondary live chat - Wednesdays

The daytime secondary live chat has now been running at 11.30am on **Wednesdays** for 4 weeks, but after a couple of busy weeks we are finding the service is only used by a few people. We would like to keep this as a regular live chat session for women with secondary breast cancer so we will keep running this as a regular live chat every Wednesday through February and March but will need to review again in April.

So, if you’ve been thinking about dropping into the chat session but haven’t done so yet, please do so that we know people want it.

If you have any thoughts on the secondary live chat sessions please share your views via a message here or email the moderator (moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk).

The Tuesday evening secondary live chat continues as it has for the last 4 years.

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT LIVE CHAT
breastcancercare.org.uk/community/live-chat/

Is this service just for patients or can carers/ relatives take part too? I have loads of questions and have been following mums treatments closly (so feel I have some indirect experience I can share) but I would hate to intrude.

Hi Support4Mum

I am sorry but at present the live chat service running on a Tuesday evening and Wednesday day time is just for women with a diagnosis of secondaries.

If you have questions which you would like to discuss please do use the BCC helpline as here you are able to talk with one of our trained members of staff who will be able to offer support and information. The number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are opem 9 to 5 weekdays and 9 to 2 on Saturdays.

Alternatively you could also use the forums to ask your questions as
I am sure the other users would be able to offer some of their experiences, which you my find helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi

As Sam says, these livechat sessions are only for people with a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer. But we could set up a one-off session for families, friends and carers if there were enough people interested.

** If there are other people keen for a families & friends live chat session, let us know. **

Best wishes
Leah

A daytime secondary live chat really appeals to me and I’d definitely like one but I go to a pottery class on a Wednesday and don’t get back home until 2ish.
I could do Mon,Tues or Fri mornings but not Weds. Perhaps you could do a canvass of opinion for best days or times for people. I tned to get tired in the evenings like many women with secondaries and I often forget about the Tues live chat and often get interrupted by phonecalls.
I do hope a daytime one continues if more people are interested maybe on a different day or time.
Anne

Hi Anne,
Just wanted to say hi as I do a pottery course on a Wednesday morning too!! so i can’t get on live chat at that time. To be honest though, there’s not really a good time for me on any other day, what with work and other commitments. I barely get time to come on the forums at the moment.
I’ve been going for a year and a bit and I absolutely love it. I can even throw a pot on the wheel, but have no control over what shape and size it ends up!
Jacquie

I have been meaning to try the live chat on a Wednesday for ages but so far have never remembered to log in at the right time. I think it’s probably because I tend to meet my friend for lunch on Wednesdays. I would log in tomorrow only I have an appointment with an Orthopaedic Surgeon re my bone mets. Any other day of the week would suit me better.

Linda

Just a reminder that Live Chat for Secondaries is opening now. See you there!

Poppy

Live chat is running at the moment and will be open until 12.30pm.

Please feel free to join in. Just click on the live chat link on the front page of the forum.

Best wishes

Sam (BCC Facilitator)

I havn’t quite got it fixed in the brain yet. Like most of us my memory is appalling, but when i finally remember to log in I will.

Morning all

Live chat is on today, starting at 11.30. Please do join us. It is a friendly and open atmosphere with a nurse on line to answer any clinical questions you might have. You can share and receive information and support with other women who know what it is like to live with a diagnoses of secondary breast cancer.

We look forward to welcoming you to the session.

Please use the link on this page to take you directly to the live chat log in.

Best wishes
Poppy

Live chat starts in 15 minutes.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes
Poppy

Hi,

Just to remind you the day time secondary livechat is about to start at 11.30am.

You are all welcome to join in.

Best wishes
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi,

Just to let you all know the secondary live chat is now running. It will be on until 12.30pm today.

Anyone with a diagnosis or secondary breast cancer is welcome to join in.

Best wishes
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi, I have just joined this website and I would love to join in chat next time.

Hi mangobird

You are welcome to join the live chat.

The session on a Thursday is for women with a primary diagnosis of breast cancer and runs from 9 to 10pm.

The sessions on Tuesday (8.30 to 9.30pm) and Wednesday(11.30 to 12.30pm) are for women with a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer.

Please use this link to take you directly to the live chat log in.

Best wishes
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Dear All

A couple of our users on daytime live chat have told us that they experience technical difficulties when trying to log in to the live chat session. It would be very helpful if you could let us know if you have experienced any difficulties and what they were, as we would very much like to solve any and all technical issues. Our aim being to provide a safe and stress free environment for you to chat.

Best wishes
Poppy

Hi

I have tried twice - several times on both occasions - to get into the Wednesday chat. I have got in a couple of times but no messages come up. When I type something in it just disappeares.

Anne

Hi all

Just to remind you the secondary live chat session in now running until 12.30 today.

This link will take you directly to the live chat log in.

Best wishes
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Still can’t get in. Is it just me?

Anne