Db mx 2 implants

I had a DH mx last July and had tissue expanders inserted at the time of surgery. Eventually they were inflated! Ever since my db mx I have had a feeling of tightness and I thought it was the tissue expanders causing this feeling. In January I had to have one removed due to repeated infection! I assumed I would feel much more comfortable without it- but I didn’t! 5 weeks ago I finally had the silicone implants put it. Again I thought it would feel more comfortable - but it isn’t! Has anyone else experienced this? I don’t feel it is the norm because I constantly feel uncomfortable. I have recently been doing arm exercises 3 time s a day and this doesn’t help either!

I had single mx with immediate implant recon with mesh in Feb . I have been quite surprised that it still hurts /twinges at times and my underarm is still pretty stiff though I can stretch straight up if I have to! When I asked surgeon St check up he said I could expect some pain for up to a year! This was not mentioned before op! At least now I know what to expect I have stopped worrying about every twinge, but I suspect it will never feel normal! Good luck! Xx

Hi Rosie and Kiki

I had double mx with recon with strattice and expandable teardrop implants - 11 weeks ago.

Both sides have been expanded slowly, although feel uneven, neither has ‘dropped’, and ans they are as hard as footballs. Tight and uncomfortable to move in bed and although can gently lie on my front, it hurts when I move and take the pressure off.

Surgeon says it will settle, takes 6-12months. I cannot imagine that other breast imp,ants are as hard and uncomfortable

I would like to speak to some ladies who hace had this a year ago

On the positive - am better, scars healed, coping with diagnosis. Is this a sign of getting better that one now ‘moans’ about the appearance, feel and discomfort of the reconstruction, when previously just getting rid of the cancer was all important?

Xx