cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dcis grade 2 just found out

9 REPLIES 9
Rj7777

Re: Dcis grade 2 just found out

Hi jo I've been on venfalaxine for years for anxiety anyway so that might work in my favour! Either way I'll deal with it when the time comes need to get thru the rest of the treatment first. X
ann-m
Community Champion

hi Rebecca,
I've been fine on tamoxifen, many women are, reports of SEs can be anxiety provoking, so best not to pre-judge it & just see how you go.
ann x
Jobey68

I've never really had any problems with Tamoxifen, the only time I feel a bit off is if I miss taking it, The following morning I can feel a bit spaced out and a little queazy, thankfully I don't forget very often! I also take an antidepressant called Venlafaxine to help with side effects, I get a little stiff if sat down for long periods and can fall asleep at the drop of a hat but on the whole I'm fine and it has no real impact on my life Xx Jo 

Rj7777

Hi jo thank you for your reply. I am feeling a bit better today and trying to be more positive. How are things on the tamoxifen? Any bad side effects? I know that's on the cards for me and I don't mind but not ready to deal with the meno yet but I'll deal with it all when the time comes. Rebecca x
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Rebecca,

If it is invasive & they are saying chemo is unlikely, then that's good, sounds very similar to me.

Don't be hard on yourself, we've all had down days & meltdowns, even those who appear to cope well.

At your stage, I got signed off, as my head was not in a place to be effective at work, others probably cope better with distraction, so do what you feel you need to do, you have a sick note, hr can wait.

take care'

ann x

Jobey68

H Rebecca, it's all so confusing it's no wonder we don't understand it all! DSIS is non invasive but you can have both, I did, I knew from the off I had some DCIS and small area of invasive known as IDC, Try not to panic, as hard as it is it is all treatable and you will be very well looked after, I had a lumpectomy followed by 15 sessions of rads and am now 18 months on and taking Tamoxifen, stress will cause all sorts of symptoms and can make you feel like you are going quite mad at times but try and take a deep breath and not over think, plenty of support here for you Xx Jo 

Rj7777

Hi Ann thank you for your reply. It is invasive she said so I might have got the dcis bit wrong. It's the most common one anyway I know she said that.

Having a really bad day. I'm finding it really hard to be positive atm and have lost all my spirit. I have worked with women who have gone back into work after diagnosis Like nothing has happened but I couldn't do that I can't face anyone rn. I have a sick note for 3 months but hr department are still hounding me I'm ignoring their calls.

Rebecca x
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Rebecca,

Well that's positive, as it sounds like it hasn't got to the invasive stage & it's contained. Don't worry too much about the change of grade, mine went from grade 1 to 2 on final examination after surgery & my surgeon said it made no difference to my prognosis or treatment.

I had a small invasive bc, removed by surgery, followed by rads & tamoxifen, all was straightforward & I now feel back to normal, from what you say, your experience may well be very similar.

Understandably, it's very stressful going through this, so the hair loss is likely to be stress related, it would not be related to the bc itself.

As far as feeling stressed, it all gets a lot easier once the treatment plan is in place.

take care

ann x

Rj7777

Rebecca not rebecc!!
Rj7777

Dcis grade 2 just found out

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed last wed 19th oct but just found out today from my bcn it's dcis (I think- the most common one) and grade 2. Disappointed at grade2 as v small lump which didn't show mammo or ultra etc took two biopsies to confirm.

Planned treatment is lumpectomy followed by rad and med. which I can cope with as it's just chemo I don't want. Just wanted to know anyone's thoughts/experiences?

Additionally I am experiencing hair loss when I wash my hair - not having any treatment yet. Could this be stress or a cancer side effect?

Sorry for slightly jumbled post- I thought I was coming to terms with it but the reality of hearing this today has put me back a bit.

Rebecc aged 41 in Kent.