Dealing with Hysterectomy for Endometriosis worsened by Tamoxifen

Hi all

Started a thread on this on old forum but can’t find so here goes again.  2 years on Tamoxifen (post IDC, surgery & radio) led to horrendous pain, bleeding and fatigue as well as depression.  Severe endometriosis diagnosed so obs/gynae  scheduled full hysterectomy plus endo surgery for next month.  Would love to hear anyone else’s experience of similiar especially if positive.  As I am early 40’s so premenopausal, am concerned about impact of surgical menopause esp as I was ER/PR + so can’t have HRT.  Have been told that Citalopram can help with hot flushes and night sweats as well as mood swings.  I have a high pain threshold & snapped back from childbirth, miscarriages & BC surgery so believe me when I say the physical pain from the endo plus the fatigue and depression has been far more debilitating than anything I have had previously.  Really hope this will resolve it and if doc puts me on AI instead of Tamox after surgery, that it is easier to put up with.  

Hugs & strength to you all

Hi PCB

Sorry you haven’t had any replies yet.  I think I found the thread you started previously.  Here’s the link:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hormone-therapy/Crippling-pain-possible-endometriosis-exacerbated-by-Tamoxifen/m-p/748649#M20625

I hope that helps

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator