Dealing with secondary cancer.

Please email me if someone replies! I’m going to lay down for an hour because I’m exhausted! I don’t know if I’m doing this right! Thanks in advance

Hi liamanna

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums were I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I hope will be along soon to help.

In the meantime if you need to talk to someone in confidence then please don’t hesitate to call our helpline which is open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 (although will be closed New Year’s Day).

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Liamanna,

Have you just been diagnosed with secondary cancer?  If so I’m sorry to hear that and you will probably be in a state of shock.

When it’s all so very new and shocking, things can seem very dark, but take heart there is still light.

There are many ladies on here with a wealth of experience who have been living with secondary cancer for many years and I’m sure they’ll be be along soon.  In the meantime, if you feel able, do come back here and post whatever you want, but it is sometimes helpful if you could tell us a little bit about your diagnosis.

Take care

Tink x

Hello.liamanna, as Tink said have you just been diagnosed ? It’s a very scary time and we all understand how you are feeling but you have come to the right place as the ladies on here are wonderful and so supportive ,full of advice and we are great at cyber hugs too.
Sending you huge hugs,Helen xxxxxx

Maxine, I was diagnosed in March (double whammy too) and it had spread to bones, lungs and liver. My planned mastectomy was cancelled immediately but I see you’ve had surgery. Hope you don’t mind me asking, but what reasons did surgeon give for operating as mine told me it wasn’t worth it while I have mets.
LD x

Morning ladies .Happy New Year to everyone and wishing you many more to come . I really cannot believe anyone being refused a mastectomy because of having mets . When I saw my onc a few weeks ago I asked about having my remaining boob off and she fully agreed and set things in motion for me to see the surgeon . I cann,t  wait .  Is this yet another case of postcode lottery again .Is it because most powers that be are male that us ladies are treated in such a way as they dont have a clue on female issues !

Ellie how are you hope you have had a good Christmas .Have you been out in your new camper ? Glad you have started to get your benefits sorted there should be no reason that you shouldn’t get them You could land up with a shiny new car as well as the van !! Hope everyone has a relaxing day I,m off to take the last of the Christmas decs down ! Love Vicky