370456posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2015 chemo

Lynne1955

Re: December 2015 chemo

Thank you so much for responding.  At the moment everything is unknown and your mind just works overtime.  Its good to know how it all works. X

JenJen

Hi
Your hospitals will have chemo hotlines they are 24/7 and 365 days a year they will make sure you are OK over festive period, you should also get a book/card which is kind of a fast past via a&e in that you show it ans you will be placed not in a waiting room and will getvseen, the duty GPs who cover xmas just need to be told if you call you are a chemo patient and they will come out, the hospital will call them if you dont have any luck when you call the nurses and doctors on call are Very good at ensuring their patients get what they need. Please dont worry everything is geared up over xmas to ensure you are looked after
Nadz

I think we should be OK, I'm just going to ask them what we are to do in this situation. I'm sure they will have prepared for it. I am concerned about how everyone in work are down with a bad cold, do not need to get it!
Lynne1955

Me too.  Also worried that if I need any further drugs GPs wont be available.  Still we will see.  X

Nadz

Yeah, I'm hoping nothing kicks in until after Christmas!
Lynne1955

Rubbish isnt it I start mine on the 23rd dreading christmas x

Nadz

Hi all, I'm due to start my chemo on the 24th! Being fitted for a port a few days before that, as my veins are rubbish, it's even stated in my notes that the anesthetist found it difficult to find one for surgery! Starting ivf tomorrow. I haven't seen the chemo nurses yet so don't really have a clue what to expect or how I should prepare? What would be the best moisturiser's, shampoos etc to get?
Nicola47

Your the second person who has said they felt down after steroids Jen, glad to here it goes away.
Take care xx
Nicola47

Nicola47

Good luck with the T Jayne xx
Nicola47

Hi Gillian

Sorry to here you've had a few side effects, glad to hear that you got advice and help from your team. Hope your feeling better soon

I went to the hospital for Pre assessment on Friday and I am having my first FEC on Thursday due to demand for the cold cap I have been put back a day, glad I've seen the unit and met some of the nurses.

Take care xx

Jayneyb69

Hi Ladies, I'm from the October group and thought I would pop by and offer you all moral support and good luck wishes. I am having FEC T, I have had my 3 sessions of FEC and I am due my first cycle of T (Docetaxel) next Thursday, so a little apprehensive as to the different side effects I might get.

All I can say is I found it not as bad as I thought and it is doable. 

If if any of you have any questions, please ask and I will answer if I can.

love Jayne xx

JenJen

Hi Gillian

Im on EC so thats part of FEC but im not having the F bit. glad you are feeling OK and got on the phone to sort out heartburn that would be my main advice for your group there is a hotline ans you have a GP use them please dont put up with any side effects x

Gillian if you have been on steroids just to ket you know I felt a bit down a day after I stopped them, bot unwell just low if you do dont worry it goes away x

Look after yourself, rest up and take any offers of help you get .
Jen x
Gfnich

Thanks for posting in our December group,  I felt a bit alone being first to have treatment in our group.  Are you on Fec?

gillian x

Gfnich

Hi ladies,

well fourth day now and not been too bad.  Had chemo Tuesday, Wednesday was fine, yesterday had heartburn so rang onco nurse and got some lansoprazole which has helped.  I have not felt sick but had a funny taste in my mouth and have to eat what I fancy.  Funny I fancy white bread and havent eaten it for years.  Yesterday I was tired and felt like you do when you are getting flu maybe, but today am better just tired. My next Friday after chemo will be xmas day so if I feel like this will manage.  I have been on Emend anti sickness which is the best you get apparently, make sure you ask your consultant for them if you can.

And yesterday I bought my wig, looks really like my own hair, pleased with it.

keep in touch xxx

JenJen

Hello All I am from the Nov 15 thread so not really far infront of you but I had cycle 2 on Tuesday ans can say that the build up and the waiting and unknown were worse than the actual treatment ans the nursing staff on the day are really nice. I have had NO nausea at all and only mild constipation and some heartburn and although I have been tired ive still managed to get up, washes, dressed daily and keep on top of the house to an OK standard x I stocked up on mouthwssh, toothpaste, handwash and stuff that Ibdidnt want to run out of and I also filled my freezer with home made ready meals and some decent quality frozen ones for those lazy days. my chemo nurse said to get some snack packs of things like peanuts and tins of pineapple or other fruits so you have things in for your little sweet/savoury cravings which I seem to get.

I hope all goes well x pop into the other months threads with questions the September October ladies are all very friendly and helpful x
Nicola47

How is everyone getting prepared?? I am stocking up on Oraldene mouthwash (12 bottles!!!) I know that is obsessive! However I was told it can help keep the ulcers away, if you open my bathroom door it looks like a chemist!! I have bought numerous hats which may all be inappropriate and have had my shoulder length Bob cut short over three different hair appointments. I think it's my way of having a little bit of control. 

Xxx

Nicola47

So do I Sam!! 

I live in Seaton Carew near Hartlepool Gillian not to far from you! 

Xx

Sam B

Nicola
That's exactly how I feel.
Hope you get the first weds appointment.
Xx
Gfnich

Hi Nicola,  where are you from, we are in Morpeth. X

Nicola47

You must be glad to have one under your belt Gillian, so glad you are feeling well at this point, hope it continues for you, fingers crossed.

I am also from the North East

Xxx

Nicola47

Hi Girls

I have seen the oncologist today and will start FEC T next Wednesday 9th if they can fit me in or the Wednesday after, feel more at ease knowing we have the same worries and fears, for me the sooner I start the sooner it's over!

Sam B

Hello Lynne
I'm glad you have your dates and hopefully mine won't be long after see ontologist Monday .
Xx
Lynne1955

Hi Sam  I know how you feel.  I saw oncologist on Monday and got letter today so hopefully you will find out soon.  For whatever reason it feels better when you can put dates in diary and know when the end is.  Xx

Sam B

Gillian
Sounds like you had a good day
Xx
Gfnich

Well had porridge, crumpets for lunch  and turkey dinner tonight so doing ok.  Keep positive and you will all be fine.

my next one is 22nd.

Gillian

Marina

Encouraging news Gillian, you are our first and we will all be waiting for your news. So glad it went well. From what I hear the real tiredness and side effects come a few days later. Also read others have to take steroids, have they mentioned that to you?
Keep us informed
Marina
Sam B

Gillian
Glad to see you haven't had many side effects , I hope that continues . Please let us know.
Lynne I hope you feel ok over Christmas to , I just want a start date xxx
Lynne1955

Hi I am glad you are feeling ok. I hope I feel like you my first chemo is 23rd and I so dont want to be ill over Christmas.  Dont mind being tired but want to feel ok.  Keep us informed.  Take care of yourself  xx

Gfnich

Hi everyone,

i had my first  chemo yesterday it was a FEC dose.  The procedure itself is absolutely fine.  You have anti sickness meds (i had Emend and methoclopramide). I had lunch while I was having the chemo and an omlette last night and havent felt sick at all.  Only problem was I was wide awake most of the night, one of the side effects I think.  Today have felt a bit tired and lazy but other than that have been ok, had breakfast and lunch and feel ok.  The district nurse came to give me an injection for my white cells that you need 24 hours after your chemo.  Will keep you posted maybe this is th honeymoon period but ok so far.

are any of you fro the north east?

gillian

Sam B

Hello ladies
I have my appointment with the oncologist next Monday , I guess then I'll get a start date.
marina I to have been diagnosed with triple negative bc
And will have surgery after chemo.
The waiting around is very difficult but trying to keep busy.
I wish all of you lots of luck and would be great to support each other through this chapter.xxx
Lynne1955

Hi all I have seen the oncologist today and start chemo in 3 weeks.  FEC - 6 3 weekly cycles.  I am scared of the unknown and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Xx

Marina

Good luck Gfnich with your chemo tomorow. Hope all goes well. xx
Gfnich

Hi ladies,

i am am due to start chemo on 1st of December, FEC-T.  This is my second time with primary breast cancer, this one being totally unrelated to the first.  I didn't need chemo the first time so am apprehensive about it.  A friend has just had her final session though and says it isn't as bad as she thought it would be and went over quite quickly.  She recommends ginger snaps and ginger wine.

will let you know how it goes

daco

Hiya, I have just discovered that I am also to start chemo next month. I'm to start on the 17th December. I have to have FEC-T ( whatever that means) I've also been told I am likely to lose my hair quite quickly after the first treatment.

Let me know how you get on!. Good luck, Della

Marina

Hi Jane,
I have my scan on 30 Nov and as I said start chemo on th 11th. Still seems far off to worry about, I try not to think about it. I am looking at headwear on the Internet though as told my hair will fall out after approx 18 days. Have decided against a wig.
I had a lumpectomy and have triple negative which is a worry.
Anyway good to hear from you and let me know when you have a date to start.
M xx
Jane26

Hi Marina,

I too am starting fec chemo in December. Had an appointment with Oncologist today and I will be sent a date to start in about 3 weeks. I don't know about you but I'm really scared.

I definitely think that this forum will be great support for us all going through this horrible journey. How are you feeling?

Big hugs Jane xx

Marina

December 2015 chemo

Hi everybody. I start chemo on 11th Dec and wondered if anyone else starts in Dec.?
Have been reading the Nov thread to learn what to expect but think we may want our own thread for discussion and support.