370821posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2015 chemo

Gfnich

Re: December 2015 chemo

Hi everyone sounds like some of you are having it really tough, hope you are all ok.  Iam day 3 so feeling like nothing is worth eating and tired but otherwise not bad.  Got the weetabix out, didnt fancy that, didnt fancy porridge, didnt fancy toast, ended up with weetabix for breakfast and it was ok.  After my cocktail of drugs emend, lansoprazole, methetrexsone?  And my Movicol with pineapple juice it makes it taste much better 

I have a reaaly sore arm though and a red line on the vein they used this time.  My arm feels like it has tight ropes in it up to elbow.  my oc said it was the E red stuff that makes it really bad and it gets better, use heat pads and ibuprofen gel she says.  Last time I had 10 lymph node outs of my right axilla, and had cording that went right up to my armpit, a bit of physio sorted it so will get better.

I managed to got to our local town whenthe snow stopped though for an hour to help my hubby choose glasses.  I know for the next three days I will be in the house.

does anyone know on Taxotere do you have a bad week, a better week and an ok week?

hope you are all resting tonight.  Big hugs to you all Gillian

red_robin

Oh no Nadz! Hope it clears up soon.

Tina that is a painful spot. I had a junior doctor try and put one in close to there and they went too deep and too close to a nerve. It was while I was in for the op. They then put antibiotics in it and I have never felt so much pain. Don't let them back near there again.

I have decided to go back in tomorrow. Stomach is sort of under control of only eat foods like you would after a stomach bug and dizzys have stopped.
Then I had a panic as don't want to put my wig on and agitate the remaining hair I have but have a bald spot to cover. Been scouring the Internet all afternoon. I found some videos a young girl has put on to help cover bald patches. She is quite young and has hit loss for different reasons but I thought it was really helpful. This is a link to the covering bald patches one but she has loads more from things to help hair grow back to extentions.
https://youtu.be/6qVjgBYus2c

Vicky xx
Nadz

Oh ouch! I've had it at the wrist a few times but not the thumb!
I've been given the all clear for infection and shingles. They have no idea what it is though. So have to monitor. This means chemo can go ahead!
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Oh no Nadz that's awful!!!! Hope you're ok soon. 

When the needle nurse came I showed her my hand, she turned it to the side, thumb facing up..... I showed her where the canula went on two occasions of op and last session.... She turned it back and I looked away as I'm not keen on needles anyway! All I head her say was 'oh that looks a juicy one' and no warning, just felt he needle going in!...... In the pad bit along from thumb, side on about inch half from wrist! I almost fainted and felt sick, couldn't look at it and it hurt soooooooo much!!!! 

Ive heard that they'll go in anywhere!!! Xxx 

Nadz

Where she did put it Tina?
Hope you have a lovely lunch Marina x
Oh Vicky, I hope your tummy feels better soon. I went off milk during my first so maybe you are right in avoiding dairy?
Seems I either have shingles or an infection! Have to go back to the hospital this afternoon for an ultrasound to confirm!
Marina

Thank goodness for all you ladies. This really is a slow lonely path at the moment. Having started off well am slowly getting worse, feel radio active. Have constant tingling on soles of feet and a ringing in one ear. Sleepless night so read through your comments which helps. Meeting my parents for lunch so they don't have to come all the way to my house (they are elderly). Not really up to it but the social aspect will be good.
Thinking of you all
Xx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Will be thinking of you girls going through it again today xxxx 

I contact my Macmillan nurse (she's my point of  contact and head nurse at oncology unit).

Nadz, I had terrible redness and slight swelling about 8 days post first session, nurse put me on antibiotics as precaution. She also referred me to physio for extra exercises as cording can feel worse during this **bleep**e! I've an apt (I assumed it would be at hosp but it's not!) next Thursday at the Oaks, a Macmillan centre/respite. Spoke to them yesterday as my scar area isctendervagain and feels puffy. Was told there may be a build up of fluid, which after drain out was working itself out, but as my body is concentrating on fighting other things this may slow down.

I've also, today, woke with a very sore tender feeling on the inside of my forearm! Bit like the 'burn' post surgery? Could it be from the vein I which that cow put my canula? Couldn't believe she put where she did I almost fainted!!! 

I am so missing work, routine etc! But know I'd be too exhausted to go right now....... 

Xxx hugs to all Tina 

red_robin

Hey Nadz. I find my bcn more approachable too. Did just call mdcu to discuss my stomach and dizziness though. They think it is a sensitivity to the steroids that is causing it. Would make sense as when taking them I feel funny fluttery feelings like I have had red bull. Don't like it at all. Nothing they can do now though as they haven't made my bowels go one way or the other, only bad cramping especially after eating. I have decided to stay away from milk products for a couple of days as seems to make it worse. If not dizzy today I might tempt going in for a few hours at least tomorrow.

Good luck for tomorrow Nadz xx
Nadz

Mine is tomorrow Vicky! So will be running around today trying to get bits that I didn't have last time, like eye drops and nice facial tissues.
I have a problem with my lumpectomy site atm, not sure if it's chemo rated but I contacted my bcn.I find her more approachable and know that she would direct me in the right way. So I guess contact anyone is my answer!
Hope you are ok though? And don't worry, in a matter of days you will be feeling like yourself xx just keep that as a mantra
Thinking of you today Amanda xx
red_robin

One quick question ladies. Is it just me or when something is up but not an emergency etc do you know who to call? I really don't know if best to call mdcu or breast clinic anymore.
Anyone any ideas?
Xx
red_robin

Good luck today Amanda. Nadz when is your next one?

Hope you don't feel too much worse this time Gillian.

Still not back to work. Had to drive to pick up the boys yesterday. Was fine there and back but as soon as I got inside felt dizzy and desperately needed to sit down. Don't think I am upto my 30 minute drive to work yet. Can't stand all this at the moment. Want to be back to work and back to normality.

Hoping for a better day today.
Vicky xx
Nadz

Worried too Amanda but at least we have an idea of what to expect and how to plan to cope with it? Good luck for tomorrow xx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Yeah I'm not snacking between meals unless you count a  satsuma or grapes?! 

Not been good meal wise today..... Couple of buttered crumpets, cup tea and apple juice for breakfast at 9:30. Then late lunch at 2, couple boiled eggs and wholemeal toast........ 3 satsumas at 4:30...... Not really hungry even now at 8:40...... but may try some cereal? Ovaltine planned later to help me sleep hopefully!!??) 

Amanda all the best for tomorrow Hun,..... Is this number 2 or 3? Xxx will be thinking if you xxx

A.Faed

I found the steroid induced munchies were not too bad for the first few days and actually got worse after I'd finished them for a few days! Although I ate what I wanted over Christmas, and there was a lot of naughty stuff, according to my scales, I hadn't put on any weight. When I had my bloods done on Tuesday and was weighed, the nurse said I'd put on 2kg! I was weighed with my boots on, mind you and I was only wearing dolly shoes the last time.

I had that weird smell too, Tina! At first I thought it was coming from me somewhere but my daughter reassured me I smelt normal! It sort of smelt a bit like the crumbly dust you get from dry cat food to me! It passed after a while, I put it down to my nose hairs thinning but that is just a guess!

I had also heard that T is sometimes easier, but aches and pains were a bit of an issue. I have a drug called Naproxen for arthritis in my wrist which I take 'as and when' but they are not to be taken constantly. I understand that these are sometimes prescribed for pain when on T so I will make sure I've got some in but that is a while down the line yet.

FEC tomorrow and I am quite worried it's going to be a lot tougher than my first one. 😕

Amanda x

Nadz

My cravings were carrot batons and humus, snickers, rice cakes and sliced apple (had to be sliced) when I was given pasta I was in love, but I never asked for it. Oh and coke zero. Went off tea,chocolate,orange juice. I didn't really ask for food, (except the apples and snickers) but didn't turn down meal times. Just didn't eat as much. I'm hoping fec2 will be the same. Think the steroids helped by providing me an appetite when I would have preferred to deal with the nausea and fatigue by not eating. I always got a burst of energy for an hour or so after eating, for which I was grateful.
JenJen

For my first 3 cycles I craved cheese, pickles of any sort and crisps salty ones , I also had a thing for clementines and orange juice. I just gave into the cravings but made them meals so I didnt put on any weight . Laughing cow on toast for brekkie , cheese ans crackers with pickles for lunch .
Its deffo the steroids the first few days.

Hooe you are all well x
Jen
Kim555pink

Starting my first Fec on Monday - definitely putting cheese on my shopping list!! Still got crackers left over from Christmas, might have to restock on the pickled onions though.
Xxx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Sissy thank goodness! I thought it was just me being a greedy guts! My taste buds been off and finding anything cheesy (and satsumas!!!?) things I'm tasting most. My sense of smell is sooooooo acute also!!?! 

Finished my steroids Monday...... Appetite ok, but still feeling fussy!?..... 

Ive got a smell in my nostrils I cannot locate!?!?..... Driving me nuts!? Xxxx Tina 

JenJen

Hi Sissy , yes they can make you hungry x
Sissylw1980

Hi ladies, I'm from the Jan 16 thread. I'm day 3 post FEC and have my last day of steroids tomorrow. Do you know if they cause food cravings and excess hunger? I am constantly nibbling on cheese and crackers and when I'm not eating I feel stupidly hungry! Sissy xx
Gfnich

Hi ladies,

third FEC yesterday and aprt from being off my food not doing bad but then I know Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be the worst days.  Fec done now and start Taxotere on 2nd feb.  My bcn says in her experience she finda people tolerate T better than Fec so hope that is the case for me too. Gillian x

red_robin

I think I will keep my winter legs for a while longer yet so I can monitor it and stay warm as my head is getting cold outside so got to keep warm somehow!

Going to try my wig again today to see how it feels and looks. Didn't manage it yesterday as 2 strange men on the roof. Turned out they were supposed to be on my neighbours roof but they freaked me out for a bit as wouldn't tell me anything or get down. Landlord didn't know anything either so he said call the police seeing refusing to move or say what they were doing.
Think I need to go back to work for a rest!
Hug xxx
red_robin

That's ok Nadz. My predictive does that too!

My leg hair doesn't want to budge either. Why is it only the hair you want to keep or the ones that grow back itchy that go? That doesn't seem very fair! I have a lady shave I use for bikini line and can get a nice close shave with mine without nics and without the horrid itchy regrowth. It seems to just leave enough to avoid it but not notice which I quite like. Lady garden is definitely thinning but still there. Not sure about under arms as shaved them (with ladyshave to avoid nicing scar) just before Christmas. Doesn't seem to be coming out but doesn't seem to be growing either.
Sorry about not giving my name before. I wanted to be sure it was ok first. Guess my dad's ocd safety tips have ingrained somewhere along the line. Luckily don't have that too.
You girls really help me to talk things through and get through this. My fiancé is doing better at talking but still sometimes clams up. He's been doing it these last few days. He's promised to talk to me tonight. Think he just feels like he can't cope sometimes but I keep telling him he's doing great.
Hopefully if today goes well I will go back to work tomorrow and be able to help him out more at home or rallying the boys to help. I feel so bad when he has to do everything himself.
Nadz

Shaving my legs then! Thanks jen. I normally use the Venus blades that have the moistursing and shaving gel bar, find it shaves very close with a super soft finish, have never nicked myself. So will keep with them!gutted I have to shave though was looking forward to this 'benefit'
JenJen

Nadz im on cycle 4 i still have leg hair, some underarm hair and some lady garden and randomly the chick fluff that stopped on my head which was shaved with no guide so not to the bone but less than a number 1 is now 1/4 of an inch long! Im still visibly bald from a distance as less hair than scalp. My leg hair etc stil grows I just ladyshave it I did buy the ladyshave to avoid razor knicks.

Amanda eat what you want if you arent managing 3 meals a day on "healthy" food just get something in you. I eat what I want for my 3 meals but I dont snack, when I was having 6 smaller meals at the start I ate what I wanted but didnt eat any snacks I havent put weight on so the calories are sorting themselves out somewhere

Love to all

Jen xx
Nadz

Amanda, my next one is this Friday. Have bloods tomorrow and a look at some wigs, then Thursday it's chat with Dr, Friday I have an apt with bcn before chemo as I have bruising developing at lumpectomy site and it has radiated down my stomach. So very busy! Are you set for Thursday
A.Faed

My leg hair is not moving either, just where it would be useful! They recommend you use a ladyshave (electric razor) if you need to shave. Nose hair has thinned and under arm a bit but still hanging on, lady garden is shedding a little too. 

My my husband does the cooking and six nights a week we have something out of a slimming world book (we don't go to meetings, never have) but I won't be able to get the family to drop meat! Breakfast is usually home made bircher and lunch sandwich and lots of fruit. I think if I get nauseous next time, I'll eat what ever helps, got to get through chemo, any dieting will have to wait! For my first FEC I haven't had any horrible tastes or anything like that...how it well be after FEC 2 on Thursday, I don't know!

Nadz, I have had random wind here and there, I surprised myself today, luckily everyone was out of earshot! When are you haveing FEC 2?

Amanda x

Nadz

Don't worry Tina, they say you should eat what you want to eat as your body knows what it needs. I near had a massive fight with my mum as I was eating mini snickers during the beginning of first chemo. And I loved pasta, literally hoovered it at dinner time. Yes the bloat is depressing though and did anyone else have the 'chemo farts'?! Starting to dread cycle 2 now!
I've been pulling at the underarm hair..it's short so hard to grasp, but it comes out very easily.I just did that around the scar, so I'm hair free for sure there.
Oh and sorry vicky, phone changed your name to end with an 'i' !
Gfnich

Dont worry about it Tina so long as you are eating , plenty of time to sort your diet.  

My leg hairs on my calfs have gone now as have my under arms. Gillian X

Tandy 4
Community Champion

Oh my I feel really bad food wise!!! I'm eating whatever I fancy! Was on the SW plan this time last year...... Did well then this!!!! 

Maybe im not helping myself!?...... I'm eating regular fruit, and having veg, when I'm managing a meal..... 

Yesterday wasn't brilliantly healthy, breakfast muller yogurt, sliced Apple, satsuma some grapes, late lunch of leak and tattie soup, couple of butter puff crackers with some cheddar, tea? Didn't fancy anything till about 8! Had weetabix! Then some warm milk before bed! Today, same breakfast, about 9.30, lentil soup and small wholemeal cheese sandwich, about 2pm (finding anything cheesy is only thing I'm really tasting!) then tea about 7 was homemade lasagne (made and portioned for freezer) and some broccoli and cauliflower with a bit of cheese sauce..... Oops! Too much cheese? There's me complaining of feeling bloated! Wonder why? Anyone fancy coming to be my chef? 

You're all so good cutting back on meat, fish etc!? I've vowed once the treatment is done a new healthy eating exercising me will appear! I'm too knackered to exercise apart from going for a short walk!! 

Feeling tired still, eyes closing body and mind refusing to sleep! Also a little breathless and heart fluttery!..... Cheese!?! 😧😜 

Yay! Vicki! So good to have real names! Xxxx Tina 

PS........ My leg hair stubborn too and wondered whether to shave? Still have some hair underarms where scar line is and it's staying till it drops cos I can't face doing it!!!! 

Nadz

Random question...and yey to knowing Red Robins name! (Hi Vicki xx) but is anyone shaving their legs? I'm waiting on the leg hair to come out but getting a bit fed up. Armpit hair and the lady garden is disappearing fast but leg hair is solid.I know it's a silly thing to ask..but want to wear a dress!
I've just recently ordered 2 cancer cook books, which let know which foods are good to eat at what stage during and after chemo, as well to the type of cancer you have. Locking forward to reading them.
Gfnich

Hi everyone, will listen to that album tomorrow thanks.

had my third FEC today and everything fine apart from very sore arm now.  So pleased I am half way and no more FEC!

not sure who mentioned the T side effects but both my oncologist and BCN say sickness is not usually aproblem with T.   I asked my nirse today and she said she finds people tolerate T better than FEC and it is the fatigue that get s you more than anything else.  Some get bone pain but others dont.  So long as I am not sick thats fine.

am pleased we know your name now red robin, Vicky sounds better.

gillian x

Marina

Have to admit I am feeling fine. No energy to do anything but I think that is mental laziness. Can't be bothered. Just relaxing. Nothing like the first time where one day I actually thought I'd rather die!!!
I have changed my diet completely. No meat/fish, no prepared foods, no sugar, no alcohol. At the moment home made veggie soups, veggie hot pots, lots of fruit. And have to say I feel better for it.
Have been reading so much re our diet and how it affects cancer and just about everything else. Hope I can keep it up.
Xx
red_robin

Glad you are sleeping a bit better. As for your temp it depends what is normal for you. Mine in ear or under arm is usually 36.4. On the first Friday it went down to 35 point something. Can't remember what now.

I can't hear my hair falling out but can feel it coming out when I turn over on the pillow. Mine too feels tingly, itchy and warm. I am constantly finding stray hairs on clothes and everywhere luckily not too many in one go. The wig shop should help you out with what to put under it. I have a like tights type cap thing for under it. I'm worried that indoors I will be too hot in it, especially in a school setting where things tend to be hot anyway, but that bandanas will look silly while winter. Definitely a good idea to have a look at wigs at least. I felt better once I had my back up. Just got to work out when/how to use it now.

I am so glad you have some company for now at least. Hopefully before they go you will feel more like yourself.
Hugs xxxx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi Red robin, Day 5 for me too...... Slept bit better last night, having warm milky drink about half hour before going up, not turning on tv, phone or I pad just getting into bed. Have managed to nip out to get few bits (in car) as suggested, cheddars, crumpets, opal fruits, pineapple etc more soup packs to cook up. Couldn't wait to get out of Asda! The smells were turning my stomach big time..... 😖 From the cafe, bakery, smokers etc, patience low with everyone too. But home now, temp bit low at 36.4 but I'll check again later, feeling tired but ok. My son came home last night unexpectedly, to sort new flat out so ive company today, he's back tomorrow then hubby home Thursday to Sunday. 

Is is it just me? Or can anyone else 'hear' their hair coming out?!.... 😧 As I lay in bed I can hear quiet 'fizzing and clicking' am I going mad!?! 😜 I can feel it tingling, slight itchy and a warm feeling.  Mine is still thinning, strands out min of 10 at time, hoping it's going to slow down but it's driving me nuts! Feel too hot with hat on when out but needs must! I've not bought any new ones, but maybe I should? Don't want my lovely hats already in cupboard to be associated with this crap!!?! Going to look at wigs Friday. Do I need anything else to wear underneath it!? 

On on the whole, today is a bit better, maybe because I've company? Still feel bit queasy, tired and fed up but ok. Love and hugs to all xxxx Tina 

red_robin

Hi all. I sometimes get around forgetting whats here by reading and making notes. Just a thought to help you feel more sane/in control.
Tina I feel for you hun. Do you still have anyone there for support? Don't read too much and scare yourself. I am a bit scared of t after but from what the ladies say we may get some hair regrowth once fec over and t starts. Hoping the sickness isn't worse. My fiancé boss went through same cycle and she said her bones ached on t but that's the worst I have heard so hopefully not too bad.
I am day 5 now. Not back to work yet as went for a stroll to get bread and electricity on the key, only less than half a mile there and back, but came home felt cold wrapped a fleace blanket around me sat on the sofa and next thing I know it's 45mins later and the boys are coming through the door.
Not getting any nausea from day 4 after the emend stopped day 3 so that's good. Finding mouth very dry. Crumpets with loads of butter and a mug of tea works well for breakfast I find as easy to chew with a dryer mouth.
My hair is coming out a fair bit now. Think about 50% gone. Got weird wide bald patches along my parting. Can't work out if to go thinner hair and a bandana to cover it or my wig when I go back to work. Really want to get back but don't want to push myself too fast. Although they said I can stagger back and do a few hours if it helps. Will have to see.
I am thinking bandanas will probably work better when it warms up a little bit. How is everyone else doing with what to wear when? I haven't even put my wig on myself at home yet so that will be something to do today. Practice that and maybe work out how to style it. I thought it looked maybe a bit thick in the shop so maybe some clips to pin it down a bit. Don't want a Dolly Parton big hair look at 35.
Thanks for the link bibi I am sure we will all find that useful.
I thought I would share this with you all. It is a song from my favourite artist Newton Faulkners new album. The album is called human love. The song gone makes me feel energised and hopeful for the future and I hope if you want to listen it will do the same for you.
http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/18/listen-to-our-exclusive-album-stream-of-newton-faulkners-human-love-55...
This is a link to the whole album which is great. Gone is song number 9. I know it is really about things other than chemo but feel the chorus brings hope and the 2nd verse makes me think of you all. Hope you like it. Much love ladies. We can get through this together. Vicky xx
Gfnich

Hi everyone,  I felt worse after FEC 2 than the first one but did recover much quicker so by day 8 was ok.  I could even taste again.  Have had a streaming headcold since Thursday but they are still going ahead with my third FEC tomorrow at 10am.  Thats half way 🙂 well it wil be once I get over the yuck bit. Then onto T so might get hair again.  

I really understand about all of the worrying about recurrance, after my first in 2008 I worried about everything, make sure you speak up if you find anything at all you are worried about. Dont worry about feeling stupid, they want to know.  I had more scans than you can shake a stick at to reassure me. Its also why this time my cancer was picked up really early and is curable.

marina pleased you have improved and to Tina and everyone else feeling lousy hope you soon pick up, the day after steriods end is always bad and it really does get better. 

This site tests your memory cos you cant scrolldown once you start typing to see who says what - and we have chemo forgetfulness too x

AnnDaw

Thanks Bibi I'll have a look at that site. Yes on FEC T start the T on 27th. On a downer as finished steroids and started injections yesterday should start picking up tomorrow hopefully. I've ordered some of that talika eyelash conditioning gel from amazon need to hold on to hair of some kind lol xx.

Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi Marina.....lband everyone else...... Sleep last night still disturbed, waking often, mind whirling! Couldn't get songs, work and hair loss out of my mind!?!

Finally managed to get up to open blinds, air house etc about 9:30. Took meds and temp, brought cuppa and light breakfast back to bed....... I'm still here! Thinking I'll get up, wash dress and go for walk round block? But head fuzzy and I feel sooooo lazy! Should I take paracetamol? Or just ride it out?

Still the hair thing bothering me big time! And partly I don't want to move cos I know there's more on my pillow and it'll shed again when I comb it..... I really need to find a way to get past this?!? Feel it's going to be another long day...................

After round 2nd FEC when should we expect to feel better? Still tired, but body refuses to sleep!? Looking forward to having hubby home Thursday night even if only till Sunday. 

Hugs xxx Tina xxxx 

Marina

Not feeling bad at all today on day 4. Yesterday nausea and very negative and down, wasn't coping. Today feeling good but taking it all v easy, staying in bed. Being a slob!!! Last time I tried too hard.
Nadz

Really sorry to hear(and a little petrified) that the 2nd cycle is proving harder. Hopefully it isn't for much longer and that you have more good days that bad xx
Thinking of you all xx
Bibi44

Hi Ann just thought you might like this site.  http://www.fairyhairs.com/10-tips-to-stimulate-hair-growth-after-chemo/. Most of ours has started regrowing on taxol, if you are having FEC-T, & it's a very cheering sight. All the best. xx

A.Faed

Sorry to hear some of you are feeling rotten, we do expect it but it's still really difficult to deal with when your feeling the full force of the side effects!

Tina, for the bad taste, try pineapple in what ever form you choose. Cheese snacks, cheddars TUC, Ritz and the like. Ginger ale and ginger biscuits, ginger anything really, to help with nausea. You may find biscuits, toast, bread (starchy type of snacks) better at helping with nausea than healthier food, now is not the time to worry about feeling fat or anything like that, just eat anything that makes you feel better!

I was also told by my BCN that FEC 2 is tough, but don't give up! Chemotherapy is powerful stuff and it is likely to successfully treat you...no one can be guaranteed a total cure but if you didn't have it....wouldn't you be more afraid? 

If you are finding it hard to manage the side effects, phone your help line, they may change you medication. It much be very hard to deal with all this when you are on your own, remember it will soon lessen and pass and you are a third of the way through now.

Big hugs!

Amanda x

Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi Anne,

I read it on the cancer research site about chemotherapy treatments, combinations and side effects. 

Scared me wittless! It mentioned the reasons for having this treatment and chances of it recurring...... 😢

I need to find a positive somewhere before I completely lose the plot!...... Xxxx

suefag

Hi Tina and other ladies,

Sorry you arecfeeling so rough Tina, and hope a brighter day tomorrow after a good night sleep. I was not bad yesterday but had a disturbed sleep, Wolf coughing for an hour, not good andcwhen he finally got to slerp, I woke awful taste in my mouth and feeling sick . Today pottered out, even managed to gp out for tea tosay goodbye to son non1 who is back to London  😞 

Has anyone else spread their steroids over a longer period. I did last time as felt quite hyper on them so instead of 2 x 4 mg per day took 1mg for 8 days to pick me up?? Called the helpline and theyvsaid ok, but when the BN called for update she said better not , as they dont like steroids in body too long. 

I am presuming I will feel worse on next one when introduce Doxetaxal and Herceptin, what do you think ?

Stay strong,  sleep tight, Sue xxxx

AnnDaw

Hi Tandy I'm sorry you're feeling so bad and the hair loss doesn't help at all. I had my 3rd FEC last Wednesday so 3 T to go. I remember well the hair wash that took about half of what I had left. I took it cupped in both hands to show hubby and cried like a baby so next morning it was a Sunday he shaved my head. Once the FEC is finished I hear it starts to grow back and im going to buy the fast shampoo and conditioner next week supposed to work well. On a thread also someone says she is using olive oil on her scalp. You do get used to it with the wigs and they sit better without hair. Oh just 1 other thing about something returning on this chemo wasn't sure if you mean our hair or b/cancer and where did you read it?. I do hope you feel loads better tomorrow it's a terrible time luv Anne xx.

Marina

Hi Tina, I'm also on day 3 of second round (no memory so think thats same for you)and although SE haven't kicked in like last time apart from nausea which meds deal with, but feeling really down. Have read so much negative stuff about chemo.
Off to heat up some soup to see if mood improves.
Xx
Lozza1217

Hi Tina
I felt like this on my second one, actually contemplated not going back, I realised I was being completely selfish but the though if it filled me with dread! I'm now day 11 and today I feel brilliant. Managed a 2 mile walk today and everything.
Try and stay positive, I've heard the second one can hit you quite hard but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I cried for about 3 days this time around and thought that the se would never stop, but they have apart from the awful hairspray like taste in my mouth, which I keep on top of by eating sweets starburst are really doing it for me!
All I keep thinking about is that the next one is the half way point for me. Then it's onto docetaxel for 3, and for the chemo part I'll be done!
Keep strong x x x x
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Well what a long **bleep**ty day I've had...... Very tired, nauseas, terrible taste in mouth, can't taste anything really. Finding drinking  tea, water and squash all yuk! 

Had my bath and washed hair..... Cried my heart out, lots came out in clumps, I can't see any bald patches but it's very thin now. Txt my hubby in tears, needed him here...... Letting it dry on it's own but can still feel strands falling. I can't cope with this....... Jesus 4 more still to do. Very drained, emotional and tired.

Took my steroids and that awful tasting (that's the only thing I am tasting!!!) anti sickness tablet which makes me urge. I'm keeping back the domperidone anti sickness to take hour or so before bed see if that helps with not waking feeling queasy tonight. Not had strength to do anything today, taken all my effort to make myself food and eat it..... Which I didn't manage all tea time, mainly to not tasting it.

Read up on here about FECT and side effects....... Put more fear into myself about the chances of it returning on using this cycle.

I'm really on a downer today guys. Xxxx Hope you're all doing better? Xxx Tina 

red_robin

Hi ladies. Just a quick report in. Feeling rubbish. It hit around 4:45pm on Friday. Wasn't sick this time due to change of anti sickness to emend. Felt very sick though all Friday night until 9am the next day. Very disturbed sleep, feeling cold and hot and sweaty. Temp was actually low at 35.5°c. Adviced to wrap up warm as fiancé made me call unit as he was so worried about me. He too said I looked very pale. Very tired, partly meds, partly disturbed sleep from meds. Hair still here but got some small patches now dp moved parting to cover. Been putting what comes out in a bag so I can gauge how much gone. About 30-35% lost so far we think. Hair feels very thin where was super thick. Feel very washed out and climbing stair to toilet feels like a mountain.
Hugs to you all xx