376488posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

December 2015 chemo

janv

Re: December 2015 chemo

Hang on there RedRobin - it's going to be another one down & a small step nearer then of this horrible journey, hope it goes quickly & well ... Big hugs xx

red_robin

Oh c**p oh c**p due next one 8:30 this morning. Feeling so anxious. Don't want to do it. Don't want to go in. My littlest still off with tonsillitis so he and Leo going to have to take me in. It's my littlest birthday on Tuesday too and know I will still feel pants for that. Why is this happening to me? Sorry having a melt down and need to vent. Scared of all this sh** and frustrated by it. Just want to be me again.
Nadz

It's the good things spa range. I went for the acai berry shower gel. And it's lovely.
Good luck for tomorrow Tina xx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi Nadz good to hear from you..... Ooooo yes please can you tell me all the fab ones you found in super drug!? I agree with you even the 'non scented' ones have a smell and it's awful!!!!! 

My arm us still sore from that bloody canula last time..... Blame the stupid place she put it!!! Dreading going through it all again tomorrow but last FEC thank god!! T will throw up new experiences eh!?! Praying the hair thing will slow or stop πŸ™πŸΌ mine feels very dry, brittle and thin..... Have shed a lot but I've still hair on my head. 

Have this fear that it'll all come off when she removes the cap!! πŸ˜’πŸ˜–

xxx hugs to all..... Off to bed, feeling anxious again..... Tina

Nadz

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been around, still struggling but not as bad.
I'm also having problems with vein pain, stupid fec. My next one is next Friday, the final fec, then on to T!
I'm also losing a lot of hair. Have a wee bald patch on the crown of my head, don't think the cold cap fitted me that well last time. Luckily I have very curly hair so it can hide it, but doubt I'll be heading out any time soon.
Chemo brain has seriously kicked in, I forget what I'm talking about mid conversation or even zone out, can be rather amusing!
My temp hit 35.2 during the early days, I know someone was concerned about hypothermia (sorry I will reread it all later to get properly oriented). I didn't even think that was bad, as my mum dismissed the temp due to taking it through the armpit.
Also suffered from leg numbness during he early days, my right leg was near frozen over a few days.I was doing circulation exercises throughout though.
Noticed everyone were saying where they are from? I'm living in Hampshire atm, incase anyone's down this way?
My skin has broken out again but at the same time it's great elsewhere, if not a bit dry.
Oh! I also found a load of parable, sulphates etc free products in superdrug. Dunno if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm hating the non smelly stuff, they still have a scent and it turns me every time I use it in the shower, or smell it on my hair. The new stuff I found in super drug has different scents and they aren't that strong, my partner can barely smell them,but they are lovely. Can't remember the name but will find out later if anyone's interested? They don't lather of course, due to being free from all that stuff, but a small drop lasts on a facecloth. And my skin feels great after. I also found this cleansing conditioner, by Palmers? Once again super drug. It's a free from product, it's for very curly hair and it's olive oil, but I find, for those who are cold capping, it keeps the hair soft and to restricts the frizz. And you don't need to massage it in either like other products. You just smear it on in sections and leave it with some water dampened on, continue with shower etc then let it run off under water when done. Only used it once but my hair is keeping it's softness and even some shine longer than others, haven't washed it in 3 days and it still smells and looks good enough!
PeggyCat
Community Champion

Hi Amanda,

Yes, veins were painful on FEC and it was alarming the first time because I didn't know what it was (the hyperchondriac in me was imagining blood clots etc) but once I knew what it was I felt I could put up with it. Thankfully they have held up and improved hugely on T.

Yes, can't believe it's my last one tomorrow. Still have a bit more surgery in March but good to have almost finished the chemo. I've been lucky I think that it hasn't affected me too badly. I'm just very tired now but I expected that so again can cope with it. Fingers crossed I've not cursed myself there and go downhill after T3!

Hope everything is going as well as it can be with you. From your posts you seem to be coping pretty well and doing great work supporting other people here. Look after yourself.

Ruth xxx

A.Faed

Ooooh Ruth, your last one tomorrow...that's great! I take it you veins protested but held up all the way though? I have one more FEC then it's onto T, and I really hope nothing holds me up! Thanks for popping in and giving us that information, it's hard to know if you should be alarmed by some symptoms or they are just par for the course!

Amanda x

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Hi Gillian,

The feeling you have when stretching it is what I had too. I'm sure it will improve soon.

xx

Gfnich

Hi ladies my arm is really sore on the back of the hand where they put the cannula and from my wrist up to the elbow which really pulls if I dtretch it.  I saw the oncologist on Tuesday and she says it it the E in the fec that irritates the veins and it should improve now I am on to Taxotere although they are going to put it in my foot!

Good luck to all having treatment tomorrow.

counting down to Taxotere on Tuesday

Gillian x 

Gfnich

Hi ladies my arm is really sore on the back of the hand where they put the cannula and from my wrist up to the elbow which really pulls if I dtretch it.  I saw the oncologist on Tuesday and she says it it the E in the fec that irritates the veins and it should improve now I am on to Taxotere although they are going to put it in my foot!

Good luck to all having treatment tomorrow.

counting down to Taxotere on Tuesday

Gillian x

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Hi everyone, just popping in from October to say that yes FEC does a real number on your veins and I had a couple of weeks when my arm was really sore and one of the veins was visably red through the skin which was a bit alarming. But, as a veteran of two Ts so far (last one tomorrow - hooray), I am happy to report that things do improve and the T is far kinder to your veins.

Good look all of you.

Ruth

xx

A.Faed

Fredflowerpot, my arm is not bad after bloods...used to be a blood done until this cancer s**t rained down on me, so I was fairly good at having blood taken. But my forearm feels very bruised now (nothing visible) which started about a week after FEC 2. You should phone the help line if it gets any worse.

Our poor veins...chemo is so tough for them!

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Amanda x

fredflowerpot

does anyone elses arm feel like there have been stampped on for a few days after bloods are taken?

red_robin

Thanks Tina. My Aunt has heard of them. I asked at my unit the 1st cycle and they hadn't heard of them. Maybe it's on trial at some units. I think they use them in America, but then they pay for their treatment privately.
Bloods this afternoon.
Hugs xx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Bloods done today Vicky..... Hope all ok to get this bloody **bleep**e done Friday!!! No body has mentioned to me at unit about the ice gloves and for feet?! You heard of them? I want this over. I know in going to be emotional and on a downer this next week and bit, I know I'll pick up and feel ok again...... But I also know that this week of feeling anxious about going through treatment again will also come again. Trying to remain positive, but you all know how hard it is! Xxx hoping you feel better soon and you too can get to the half way mark with me!!! Xxx

red_robin

Tina I am right with you. I too am fretting over bloods and if they will be okay to have last fec friday. I have a cold, and my youngest has tonsillitis and is off school as of today. Wondering if side effects will be any worse again this time, and how t will affect me. Worried about the temperature dip and it going to low and getting hypothermia.
No purple nails here as yet. Hoping that doesn't happen. I do have a funny purple mark a bit like a bruise on my thigh. I did notice on the steroid side effects that can happen though so guessing it's them. Will tell them at mdcu tomorrow when get bloods done. Hoping they will change them.
Tv girl how about juicing vegetables and fruit if you can't face eating them.
Gfnich

Tina you will feel so relieved when fec is finished it is a real milestone xx

Tandy 4
Community Champion

Oh god, starting to get anxious again. Bloods tomorrow. Fretting about Friday and the business of nails!

I try not to worry too much about food issues!..... I eat healthy enough usually, fruit, veg, whole grain, nuts etc I'm eating lots of fruit and drinking water. If I fancy a biscuit or some chocolate I'm having it. I'll worry about any weight gain if any when I'm done with this **bleep**!!! 😜 

TVGirl

I went to Look Good, Feel Better today and I too was very impressed. Approx 15 women there plus maybe 12 make up artists to help us all. Came away with a big bag of maybe 20 products to use and a lot of useful info. For example, I was told to google African Head Wraps and there are many tutorials how to do these - apparently the idea is to give your head some height on top rather than wearing a flat scarf - the height gives the impression of a normal head of hair underneath.

Also they suggested Charles Worthington Instant Root Concealer Spray from Boots for hiding thinning hair patches. Hope this is useful info to share.

So far the cold cap seems to be working ok-ish for me, I've lost plenty of hair but I had masses to begin with so I've not got any thin areas to cover yet and the wig is still in its box. 2 more doses of AC to go so there is plenty of time to lose some more! Or maybe not?!

My main issue is not eating rubbish when I am feeling a bit down or just hungry - it's easier to grab the biscuits than make myself something nutritious. Does anyone have some wise words to help me with this please?

Good luck to you all for the remainder of your treatment.

PS The half-moons at the base of my thumbnails have gone purple - very odd!

Tandy 4
Community Champion

Ooo sounds great Gillian! I've booked onto the next one at my local Macmillan place end of Feb. I've also signed up for the 'living with cancer' four week course starting on the 15th. Xxx Tina 

PS...... Anyone else noticed a change in their nails? 😏 I thought the T rounds were ones to watch for nail changes..... I noticed Sunday after my bath that the cuticle half moon area on my thumbs, index and middle fingers are turning purple!! Is this just me!?! I had a reply on another thread that she lost all her nails! Boak! And 6 months after treatment she's still not got any!!! FFS!? Any suggestions? Xxx 

Gfnich

Went to look good feel better today, was briliant and fab goodie bag with all you need.  Eye makeup remover, cleanser, moisturiser, primer, foundation,blusher, eye shadows, eye liner, brow pencil, lip liner and two lipsticks and a bottle of YSL Paris perfume!

Get yourselves there you will ove it Gillian x

Marina

Hello ladies,

I am doing well, my normal self again. I am having 3rd EC on Moday 1st Feb., according to the every 21 days rule it should have been on Friday 29th but for some reason the appt is for Monday. Unfortunately I will be having 4 so one more to go before I can join the rest of you in celebrating the half-way mark. Maybe I have to have 4 because I have triple negative, donΒ΄t know...

Am looking forward to this week feeling well and continuing sorting things out in my house (still decluttering, getting curtains, spring cleaning and doing paperwork etc etc). Interesting what you say Pam about your daughter, I have read that being unhappy/stressed etc contributes to us getting cancer. Not that I would consider myself to be unhappy with my life, but I was always stressed and so am using this time off work to sort everything in my life. Simplifying everything, even went to the bank to cancel bank cards I have and donΒ΄t need.

Thinking of you all,

Marina

Gfnich

Will let you know how Taxotere goes on 2nd Vicky.  Hope all of you who have last fec this week feel as good as I did when it was all over. Xx

red_robin

Gillian my last fec is 29th. Will be thinking of you on the 2nd. It won't be hard to remember as it's my littlest man's birthday. 8 hope it's not too bad for you. Xx
red_robin

Thanks Pammy. I managed to eat a creamy mild curry last night, and I had forgotten to take the gastro pulls that stop indigestion too. Luckily had no effects as it was very mild. So tasty though. I agree with you that nadz needs to eat what she wants. I was 9 stone at my op in October. I have dropped to just above 8 with all this so who cares what size you are now or anything as the weight can come off with this. It is important to listen to your body. Plenty of time to eat right and get enough exercise after treatment is done and you are stronger.

No know about anyone else but I can't wait until the picc line comes out and I can go back to my swimming lessons. I miss my swimming.

Hugs to you all xxxx
Pammy

Hi Nadz, don't worry about the eating thing, it's important to eat just whatever takes your fancy I was told. Cream cakes etc. I have gone off of chocolate, which is usual, but I am whizzing up kale, banana and frozen mango, and trying to help with iron and vitamin C. Also trying to eat a bit of watercress as the iron in it is good. This is all from my daughter who went through the same thing three years ago. She was 48 when she had cancer and is now fighting fit, full of energy and enjoys life. She had many problems, with money, husband who left her with debts, and hated where she lived, all these things don't help, but she didn't tell anyone. So when I see her it makes me think if she can do it so can I, and I am quite a positive person, have no worries and. Huge family for support, so I'm lucky.  But I feel for all you younger ladies, going through this, but it won't beat us, we will soon be normal again, and enjoying life. I wish you love and happiness and I will think of you getting as few symptoms as possible.

pam x

Pammy

Yes marina, started on 30dec, but had to miss next chemo as had a very bad cold and sinus trouble, so as I'm a very young 74, doctor said bit risky, so next the second one, is Wednesday 27 Jan. Was sick last night as ate a curry, so best avoid that. Started eating it as I had forgotten to avoid spicy foods! Take care we will all get through this. X
red_robin

Tina you have to do what you have to do. I think the only reason they haven't advised me not to go in is because I have two kids anyway and Leo also works in a school so he could being germs back, that me going in does doesn't increase the risk any more. I think I am better for going into work as it gives me something to focus on and get my butt out of bed for. Yeah I get very tired after the first few days back, maybe I push myself to go back slightly to early but I do feel it helps me. I have had 2 possible colds after each chemo session but I am ok and it hasn't affected bloodwork.
Don't let this make you stay in. Be strong and go out. My hair has thinned so so much. I can notice it but by changing the way I do my hair noone else has noticed. I even got asked the other day if I had actually lost any hair. Even Leo's mum can't tell and I see her lots. People don't really take that much notice. Don't let it stop you seeing people. You have to have PMA to get through this. Thats Positive Mental Attitude! Go for it and do what you want to do Tina xxxx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Good for you Vicky! Glad you had a good night. You've got so much to plan!? πŸ˜ƒ Exciting times, so much more when this crap is finished. Also dreading Friday..... Say you shouldn't wish your lives away..... But I can't wait for the spring when this is finished hopefully!! 😏

I really miss work! But strongly advised not to even go back phased..... Too much risk of infection, I know they're right especially hearing from colleagues of staff and kids in with streaming colds, sore throats etc! Plus I don't think I'd cope mentally with my hair so thin and just not looking or feeling myself. I dread seeing anyone I know in tesco or town so god knows what I'm going to be like when I do return!?! 

I woke this morning about 9 but just couldn't lift my head off pillow! So tired, back dozing till 10:50! Slight headache so made cup tea and cereal came back to bed! I'm still here sitting up in bed watching telly, feeling really lazy!!! Headache gone. I'll get up soon, decided I'll go for my 20 minute walk and get busy with the little housework I've got to do.  

Hope everyone has a good day and we need to remember that each day is another one closer to the end of this awful treatment πŸ˜‰ Xxx Tina 

red_robin

Higs lol! I meant hugs xxx
red_robin

Oh my gpd that was a late one. We didn't get home to bed until 1am! Not done that in ages. Was so good to have a catch up with friends.
Yes Tina I went back to work properly. I am allowed to do what I want with work, but so far have managed to get in for the whole day when going back on. Possibly wouldn't have got through the whole day on that last Friday I went back if it wasn't for putting up displays in the afternoon. They are extremely flexible for me. If I went in and felt bad I can just go. If I wake up feeling rubbish after saying I am going in I can call again and say not going. Work are being incredibly supportive. They have the emergency procedures up in the office just in case. Can't fault them. Constantly asking if the work load for afternoon interventions is ok and not too much for me etc. They have all been great.

Looking forward to last fec being out the way on Friday but dreading it in case se's worse again. Especially the temperature dipping down. That scares me. Don't want hypothermia. Hoping t isn't as bad but scared it might be worse too. So many mixed emotions right now anyway but trying to wedding plan on top of that too. Trying to find a venue we like and can afford.
It's all going on! Lol
Sorry some ladies feeling so rubbish. Hope you pick up soon.
Higs xxx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Thanks Gillian.... Can't wait to see the back of FEC next week! My daughter is a student midwife loving every minute of it! Xxx so proud
Good to hear you're out and about and about your hair!!!! Yay!!! Xxxx Tina
Gfnich

Hi everyone, have felt really good for last three days so been catching up with some friends  and been out for dinner and to cinema with hubby.  I cant tell you how good it feels to have had my last FEC, I am truly buzzing I hope you all feel the same when yours is done. Wary about tax but I hear better things about it too, cant be as bad as fec and I got off lightly I think.  My fisrst T is 2nd Feb. I am sure my hair is growing !,

have my look good feel better on Monday quite lokking forward to it

nadz and fredflowerpot sorry you have been so poorly.

good for you Vicky getting out and about it doess make you feel like you have to make the most of the good days.

Tina pleased you are coping and hopefully last fec will be past soon.  Is yr daughter doing nursing? My daughter is in year 3 of child nursing at Sheffieldare you ok Marina?

hugs to you all x

fredflowerpot

hi all another few bad days slept for nearly 22 hours yesterday just waking for a wee and sips of water been like it with fast heart rate and short of breath from day5 to 9 late day 9 now hope i pick up . night night all

Kim555pink

Tandy 4
Community Champion

Oh Nadz sounds like having mum there is more stressing for you!? Where's hubby deployed? Where are you based? PM me?

You really do have to listen to your body, you know yourself not to gorge for goodness sake!?  As for 'exercising' I'm only gettin myself out for brisk walk and doing my arm exercises at the moment.... I've not looked at the DVD yet! I take temp with digital thermometer placed under my tongue, touch wood, thankfully I've only had a sore tongue and one ulcer that went as quickly as it came.  I'm terrible for cheese and cheesy things like cheddars, crackers, crumpets, satsumas, grapes oh and smarties!!! I polished off the tin if Xmas shortbread after round one! But limited myself to two a night with my cup tea. I've not looked into changing my diet, though read on here it's recommended and there's 'cancer' recipe books.... Really? Like we've not enough crap to think about!?! I'll maybe re join slimming world when all this is done and I feel up to it. Till then I'll get through this my way the best I can. Xxx take care hun

Vicky, are you back to work properly or on a phased return? You are entitled to take time off for the feel good thing I'm sure! It's to help emotionally and towards your rehabilitation!?! I'm signed off..... End of...... No back for me till this is finished. Hope to go back in May? Will be phased at my discretion and it'll only be for a month before I'm off again for three weeks of radiotherapy. You make sure you go! I've lots of friends who've offered to cone with me to chemo, but to be honest I really don't want to out any of the out and I'd rather be on my own with my magazines and I pad. They've offered to visit, but with the hair thing and SE I didn't want them to. But a dear friend just pitched up yesterday (I'd txt to say I was on my good week) she stayed hours just chatting and we had a giggle. Bless, I've even dear friends who live there other end of he country offering to drop everything and fly up to be with me! My family live in Wales (I'm the north Scotland!) my sister lives with  and cares for my mum who can't travel, she's 79. My nieces both have young families and I wouldn't want them to visit either. Being a forces wife, after all these years (26!) I'm used to him being away and my getting on with things, even now with my grown up babies out if the nest too. My daughter will be living back home for a month in Feb as shes on placement at my local hospital and my son is moving back here early March so they'll both be nearer ☺️

Catching up up on my crap telly lol, I've been out. Had late snacky picky lunch and I'm just gonna chill now. I'll tackle the housework top to bottom tomorrow. It's only he here so it'll not take long. 

Big hugs to you all, take care xxxx Tina 

Nadz

Hi! Wow. That was horrible. Woke up this morning feeling better, more me. Such a relief. I wasn't completely alone this week, my mum flew over to help out while partner is deployed. But it was a nightmare, feel for her as I'm not easy and I'm sure looking after your daughter is not fun, especially when I'm all ocd about the house. There was no routine at all, and I was completely out of it the whole time. This has taken longer to get over than I had expected and it was harder.
Also missed company, yes my mum was here, but she would leave me alone and she isn't tactile. Missed having someone to hug when needed, or even to just fall asleep on.
Also last night it really hit me that our dreams of having children won't be happening if I want to avoid any chance of a reoccurrence.who would have thought the early 30s would have brought so much crap.
Anyway glad to see you are all getting through it.
Where do you take your temperatures? I started with mouth but got worried about repeated trauma resulting in an ulcers, so have moved to the armpit.
Has anyone else had family have ago about what you are eating? I'm a plus size lady, and being told off for eating my cravings, is getting to me. I have tried to explain that I have to eat what I can and refusing the crave makes it nausea feel worse. But it's all you should be eating healthier etc etc. The thing is, I'm not refusing food, I've made it clear that it's important I have a nutritious 3 meals, even though I don't feel like eating I will do, and always feel better. But with the cravings, I'm seriously only having 2 shortbread a day and a mini snickers. I even crave fruit.
Fair play to you ladies managing to exercise! I am completely bed ridden after chemo. Can manage it to the sofa but that's it! Once I start feeling better I go for walks and do a dvd but that's the last week only!
red_robin

Thanks Tina. I only run if someone is chasing me or taken away my glass of something nice too! πŸ˜‚
I have booked onto the look good feel better herebin feb too although I am not sure if I can really go due to work. I am considering saying I have an appointment which technically is true as it is something to help the emotional/mental state isn't it. The therapist and bcn suggested I book on. Just a shame they are always in the middle of the day. πŸ˜•
I feel for you on your own after the chemo. Is there not a friend who could come and sit with you? I would be so scared to do it on my own. My temperature dips almost to dangerously low each time. Was 35.4 last time. 35 and you have mild hypothermia so I am really pleased Leo is with me.
Hugs xx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi Vicky, check you out going out on the town! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜œ go girl!

I'm doing ok thanks. Pants being on own eh? Yup too much time to think. SE stopped and I've had a pretty 'back to normal week'. Hair still here, all be it dry, brittle and still shedding.... But it's still there πŸ™πŸΌβ˜ΊοΈ 

Im same day as you, 29th..... Just keep telling myself, this time next week half way through this!!! Last one done now feels as if it was months away not 16 days?!? But it's that first 8-10 days that feel like weeks, we've to go through again. I'll be on own again, hubby hoping to get home for few days next Sunday night. 

Not up to much today, may nip into town and get myself out for my daily 20 minute brisk walk in this wind and rain we've got up here today....... 

Saw Physio at my local Macmillan centre, she was lovely. Advised I don't go to gym and has given me a feel good DVD to use, an exercise band for extra strength stretches for cording ( which has gone and feels better) and said my daily walk was best thing I could do as many on chemo 'dip' and lower body suffers. Said I could book into their mini gym if wanted to do circuits (don't get wrong impression of me I'm no gym buddy!!! Just want to keep active even if it's only on the bike and treadmill... Walking! I only run if someone's chasing me or taken my wine away!!! πŸ˜‚) I've also signed up to attend a four week group meeting on 'living with cancer' that's run there, 12-2 on Mondays and the next look good feel good session end of Feb. 

Ah well, better get my butt shifted out of this warm bed!? Love and hugs to you all xxxx Tina

Vucky, have a great night!!!! 😚

red_robin

How are you doing Tina? I'm off out for a meal tonight and a night on the tiles with Leo. Have a rare day I feel up to it and the kids are at their dads! Time for a catch up with some kent friends.

How is everyone else? My next dreaded chemo is next friday 29th. Trying to keep my mind of it. Hoping the side effects get sorted that the steroids were giving me and that they don't last longer again this time. Hate being off work and home on my own. Too much time with my own thoughts.
red_robin

Thinking of you Nadz. I was still rotten day 7 this last time. Felt bit better by day 9 after kicking my sleeping pattern back into touch. Hope you feel better soon xx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Thinking of you Nadz, crap being on own, I feel your misery. Day 8 or 9 today? Hopefully you'll start feeling bit better from here on in Hun. Xxx hugs Tina

Julia1

Nadz  big hugs to u.

Nadz

Still here. Not been good.head not right.still fighting through.day8.
red_robin

Thank you Anna, Lizzy and the team. Apology accepted. It is such a little known product as it is still quite new.
I am interested in knowing peoples opinions on this new product. I have myself done a lot of research into it. Although there is limited offical medical evidence there are a lot of testimonials that have been posted online. There was recently a case in America about a 2 year old child who was terminal who had been taking it alongside life prolonging chemo and appears to actually be getting better. I have read many a testimonial that say the same, terminal cancer and cured.
I have found out where the purest of these products can be bought from and myself have a bottle. I have been taking it since I had my operation back in October.
I believe myself that it helps. I must warn you though it doesn't taste nice but then medicine usually doesn't!
If anyone wants to read some information about it then CBD brothers website has a lot of useful information on it as well as some testimonials.

It can't do you any harm so figured anything is worth a try. Just wish I knew about it when my mum was terminal. 11 years ago this april we lost her, 8 months after she was diagnosed. She was just turned 49 in the January. I was 24, my eldest was 14 months. Luckily she was there when he was born and they knew each other. She would have tried it.

Thanks again team and hugs to the ladies xx
Anna_BCC

Dear red_robin

Thank you for pointing out our error and our apologies for causing you such offence, that is and never would be our intention. Recently a product has been produced removing the addictive elements of the cannibas plant which has enabled it to be sold legally through various outlets.  We have now updated our guidlines to reflect this.

Open debate is always encouraged on this forum and we look forward to reading the various views and opinions of you all.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

red_robin

I have terrible aches all across my back and hips from the accrofil injections too. At least you know they are working. Always seem to catch a cold though.
Feeling fed up today with a sore throat from a cough and bunged up nose so breathed through mouth all night. Gotta just love all this haven't you. Hope eveyone else is feeling ok today.
Hug Vicky
red_robin

Lizzy_bcc it isn't illegal. You can get it on Amazon.co.uk. You couldn't do that if the oil was illegal. There nothing illegal about it just so you can get the facts straight.
Lizaki

I have had three cycles of the bone marrow injection and each time had bone pain for one day following the last injection, controlable with paracetamol.  First time was in A & E as the bone pain (throbbing pain rather than aches in my case} was in my ribs and sternum, and they thought it was a pulminary embolism, but turned out to be from injections.  Pains have been in different parts of the body each time (neck, lower back and ribs etc as above so far)  Had my first T on wednesday, and no real side effects yet except complete loss of taste.  I was on Letrozole pre chemo to shrink lump, but had to stop during chemo as they think it may affect potency of the chemo drugs.  Think I go back on it after chemo, or after rads.  That is the next question for my onc!  Have had quite a bad time on the administration and procedures side (they didn't put me on the list twice, only putting it right when I asked how much longer I had to wait after waiting 3 1/2 first time and 1 1/2 hours 2nd time (first time they had the wrong medical information passed on by admin staff!), referrals to DN not getting through so no one turned up to give me injections (happened twice so now have been taught to self administer.  Not nice or easy but at least I get the meds!) and wrong diagnosis on Onc report (said I had bi-lateral breast cancer when I have medial breast cancer in right breast only), which was after I had had a scan but before I got the results from it, so mind turned to worst case scenario.  Turned out to be a mistake in the report and scan had no bad results, and now back to original diagnosis.  However I am now onto 4th complaint to the hospital, hoping that procedures that work will be put in place for other patients.  Luckily I have had very few side effects from chemo, just raised stress levels from hospital errors.  Hope you are all doing well

A.Faed

How are you doing, Nadz?

Amanda x