December 2015 chemo

Hi everybody. I start chemo on 11th Dec and wondered if anyone else starts in Dec.?
Have been reading the Nov thread to learn what to expect but think we may want our own thread for discussion and support.

Hi Marina,

I too am starting fec chemo in December. Had an appointment with Oncologist today and I will be sent a date to start in about 3 weeks. I don’t know about you but I’m really scared.

I definitely think that this forum will be great support for us all going through this horrible journey. How are you feeling?

Big hugs Jane xx

Hi Jane,
I have my scan on 30 Nov and as I said start chemo on th 11th. Still seems far off to worry about, I try not to think about it. I am looking at headwear on the Internet though as told my hair will fall out after approx 18 days. Have decided against a wig.
I had a lumpectomy and have triple negative which is a worry.
Anyway good to hear from you and let me know when you have a date to start.
M xx

Hiya, I have just discovered that I am also to start chemo next month. I’m to start on the 17th December. I have to have FEC-T ( whatever that means) I’ve also been told I am likely to lose my hair quite quickly after the first treatment.

Let me know how you get on!. Good luck, Della

Hi ladies,

i am am due to start chemo on 1st of December, FEC-T.  This is my second time with primary breast cancer, this one being totally unrelated to the first.  I didn’t need chemo the first time so am apprehensive about it.  A friend has just had her final session though and says it isn’t as bad as she thought it would be and went over quite quickly.  She recommends ginger snaps and ginger wine.

will let you know how it goes

Good luck Gfnich with your chemo tomorow. Hope all goes well. xx

Hi all I have seen the oncologist today and start chemo in 3 weeks.  FEC - 6 3 weekly cycles.  I am scared of the unknown and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Xx

Hello ladies
I have my appointment with the oncologist next Monday , I guess then I’ll get a start date.
marina I to have been diagnosed with triple negative bc
And will have surgery after chemo.
The waiting around is very difficult but trying to keep busy.
I wish all of you lots of luck and would be great to support each other through this chapter.xxx

Hi everyone,

i had my first  chemo yesterday it was a FEC dose.  The procedure itself is absolutely fine.  You have anti sickness meds (i had Emend and methoclopramide). I had lunch while I was having the chemo and an omlette last night and havent felt sick at all.  Only problem was I was wide awake most of the night, one of the side effects I think.  Today have felt a bit tired and lazy but other than that have been ok, had breakfast and lunch and feel ok.  The district nurse came to give me an injection for my white cells that you need 24 hours after your chemo.  Will keep you posted maybe this is th honeymoon period but ok so far.

are any of you fro the north east?

gillian

Gillian
Glad to see you haven’t had many side effects , I hope that continues . Please let us know.
Lynne I hope you feel ok over Christmas to , I just want a start date xxx

Encouraging news Gillian, you are our first and we will all be waiting for your news. So glad it went well. From what I hear the real tiredness and side effects come a few days later. Also read others have to take steroids, have they mentioned that to you?
Keep us informed
Marina

Well had porridge, crumpets for lunch  and turkey dinner tonight so doing ok.  Keep positive and you will all be fine.

my next one is 22nd.

Gillian

Gillian
Sounds like you had a good day
Xx

Hello Lynne
I’m glad you have your dates and hopefully mine won’t be long after see ontologist Monday .
Xx

Hi Girls

I have seen the oncologist today and will start FEC T next Wednesday 9th if they can fit me in or the Wednesday after, feel more at ease knowing we have the same worries and fears, for me the sooner I start the sooner it’s over!

You must be glad to have one under your belt Gillian, so glad you are feeling well at this point, hope it continues for you, fingers crossed.

I am also from the North East

Xxx

Nicola
That’s exactly how I feel.
Hope you get the first weds appointment.
Xx

So do I Sam!! 

I live in Seaton Carew near Hartlepool Gillian not to far from you! 

Xx

How is everyone getting prepared?? I am stocking up on Oraldene mouthwash (12 bottles!!!) I know that is obsessive! However I was told it can help keep the ulcers away, if you open my bathroom door it looks like a chemist!! I have bought numerous hats which may all be inappropriate and have had my shoulder length Bob cut short over three different hair appointments. I think it’s my way of having a little bit of control. 

Xxx

Hello All I am from the Nov 15 thread so not really far infront of you but I had cycle 2 on Tuesday ans can say that the build up and the waiting and unknown were worse than the actual treatment ans the nursing staff on the day are really nice. I have had NO nausea at all and only mild constipation and some heartburn and although I have been tired ive still managed to get up, washes, dressed daily and keep on top of the house to an OK standard x I stocked up on mouthwssh, toothpaste, handwash and stuff that Ibdidnt want to run out of and I also filled my freezer with home made ready meals and some decent quality frozen ones for those lazy days. my chemo nurse said to get some snack packs of things like peanuts and tins of pineapple or other fruits so you have things in for your little sweet/savoury cravings which I seem to get.

I hope all goes well x pop into the other months threads with questions the September October ladies are all very friendly and helpful x