cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December Angels 2013

Barbie40

Re: December Angels 2013

Hi girls

Its lovely to get a quick response and great to have your support as always. I think if we hold hands we can all move forward together. Who's in??

X
Petal88

Thanks so much both of you for replying. I have struggled, too, at times and it makes you feel you are the only one who feels down despite having come out the other side from all the treatments. That is why this is so good, to know we are still there for each other, to encourage but also commiserate! Perhaps I will eventually take a leaf out your books and get to grips with losing some weight but I shall wait until I feel I can cope once my wretched bladder functions properly again.
It was good that you talked to your doctor, Barbie, but never feel low again without talking to us as we are still here!
Petal x
wyn

Think I am suffering from chemo brain,

Petal, I forgot to mention I was also going through treatment with a lady who had the same type of cancer as me and we both had the exact treatment, chemo first then surgery then radiotherapy all at the same time, we even shared the journeys to hospital and became friends, sadly she passed in June this year and believe me I was devastated, took me several weeks to pick myself up from that and found myself questioning why I am still here and she's not. Very sobering and sad.

and Barbie, job is still going well and still enjoying it. Grandson is growing into a proper little boy before my eyes lol and now walking, He is hilarious to watch and I love it. 🙂

Take Care

Wyn x

wyn

Hi Ladies,

Petal totally understand why you want quality of life rather than put up with all the horrible side effects you have been enduring. I am sure I read somewhere in the forums that these meds may only increase survival rate by approx 1%, so I think I would be making the same decisoion as you if I was on meds. I suppose it's easy for me to say as there is no meds available for TNBC so didn't have option.

Barbie I sometimes get weeks when it's all I think about from the moment I wake up but I think the anniversary of this time may have something to do with it as well as dark nights drawing in

( takes me back to feeling ill and like a prisoner in my own home) but thats because I didn't feel well enough or want to go out during active treatment. So hang on in there cos it will lift soon, hopefully you get your results soon and that will help you move on. Wow great news on weight loss, I eventually started slimming world 2 weeks ago and have lost 7lbs so far but seem to be struggling a wee bit this week ( poor planning lol).

Think I might go back to GP as I am having re-occuring abcesses/cysts under arms and thighs, they just seem to dismiss it each time I go and I feel I am bothering them but this has only been happening since treatment which makes me think my immune system is still not recovered!!!.

Barbie40

Hi petal and wyn.

Sorry i havent posted for a while. Struggling to move forward at the moment. Feel like all i think about is f@@cking cancer! Anyone else feel like this?

Thanks for asking after me. I am much better than i was a few weeks ago. It was the 2 yr anniversary of my diagnosis last saturday which made me feel quite down. Had a lot of stress at work and it all came to a head. So a took myself off to the doctors last week and told her what was going on. She has prescribed anti depressant 'citalopram' which is known to also help with the hot flushes.

The diet is going well 13 1/2 lb off so far which i'm thrilled about.

Mammo results still not back. Assuming no news is good news.

Its good to hear you are both doing well, long may it continue. Petal i totally understand you not taking the tablets, quality of life is important. Wyn hows your grandson? Hope your enjoying spending time with him. Is the new job still going well?

X
Petal88

Hi Wyn, good to hear from you. I always like it when someone posts on here even if we are moving on in our lives. This forum kept me relatively sane through everything and it still means a lot to know we can get in touch.
I knew someone who had breast cancer at the same time as me and then developed another cancer afterwards and she died last week so that was very sobering.
I think I am on more of an even keel nowadays but am still struggling with medication. I have an appointment to see if I can have an infusion rather than tablets for the osteoporosis but that isn't until January. In the meantime I have tried Exemestane again - and given up again. I can't live with the awful bladder irritation which makes me feel quite ill and is exceedingly uncomfortable to the extent I get depressed so I am opting for quality of life. I have tried to understand the statistics of whether I might die sooner without the tablets but it is impossible to judge as the studies don't take into account that I had a year of Herceptin jabs and was only 10% oestrogen positive. In an ideal world I would take the tablets but the only option they gave me at the hospital was to use oestrogen cream down below to ease the bladder problems. How does that work, taking tablets to deplete oestrogen and then use cream to boost it? I just have to hope I am around in the next few years to know if I am right!

Barbie, we would all like to know you are ok? And good luck with your results, Wyn.
Petal x
wyn

Hi Ladies,

Looks like we have fallen off the front page which can only be a good thing as we are all moving on slowly but surely.

Petal - hopefully they can get you sorted with your osteoprosis treatment.

Barbie - Hope your results from mammo were good and you can relax, I am due mine in two weeks.

Best wishes to everyone

Wyn x

Petal88

Well done, Barbie, wish I could get motivated to slim again! Good news re your daughter.
Good news for you, SJB, too and also Sarahmummy though she has had a lot cope with. Let's hope it is just good news for everyone from now on.
Thanks for asking after me Wyn. I am chugging along reasonably well at the moment. After a break from tablets I am going to try my Exemestane again soon to see if I really do react to them or if I can tolerate them. After that I have to get sorted for the osteoporosis as I had a lot of arthritic pains from both sets of tablets I tried so my GP is referring me for an infusion. Not sure how I feel about that but he says I have to do something or bones will start to break!
Next week it will be exactly two years since the mammogram which found the cancer. What two years they have been, and how lucky we have all been to be able to prop each other up and get through! Thanks again to one and all. Petal x
wyn

Oh forgot to say that's a fantastic weight loss Barbie - well done. I still haven't joined lol every time I get myself prepared something turns up haha. Plus everyone keeps telling me I don't need to lose weight which doesn't help

Wyn x

wyn

Hi Ladies,

Barbie - great news about your daughter, so happy for you both and hopefully you get good news from mammo too. It's a tense time when these appointments are due.

I am due my mammo next month as well as breast clinic appointment on same day, the good thing is I will get results on same day so don't have to wait..

It's about two years now since we all entered into this unknown journey with all its up and downs and scary moments but I am so glad I have been able to share it with most of you and hopefully the rest of the journey will be calm,happy and plenty of celebrations to come.

Petal - hope you are continuing to improve, been thinking about you

Take care everyone

Wyn x

Barbie40

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is well.

Wyn - my daughter got good news It was such a relief. As the fibroadenomas are growing she was offered surgery but declined for now. The diet is going well, 10 1/2 lb off so far!

X

Just had my routine mammography on monday so now just waiting for the results.

SJB

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Hi Lisa. They know what they're doing. You can trust their decision. Feel free to private message me if you want any advice etc.

I saw my oncologist today. All good. She has signed me off, so I'll just see my consultant annually now. Been told O'm having tamoxifen for 5 years then anastrozole for 5 years. Had a blood test to check if I'm post-menopausal now as not had a period since december 2013.

Sarahmummy finished her chemo then had a complete double mastectomy including all the skin on her chest. They took skin from her tummy to cover it, but will not do reconstructoon. They hope this will stop it coming back again! She's been through the wars but hopefully will be ok now.
wyn

hi ladies,

Barbie - that sounds good there is no concern over swelling, I hope your daughter gets good news too, it must have been a worry for you to say the least.

How is the diet going, I have yet to get started, but now the winter nights are in I might just bite the bullet and join on Monday night.

Petal, Glad you are feeling a bit better and I hope the book you are reading is helping you too.

My new job is going well, thanks for asking,  the couple I am working for has just set up their own business in the care sector and they asked me to be their administrator/HR and allow me to work my own hrs which is good, at the moment I am only working 3 days a week from 9.30 - 4 and that suits me as I dont feel ready to go back to work full time ( maybe never will  again lol), I am getting used to having days to myself.

It's my little grandsons 1st birthday on Monday so having a family get together, so looking forward to it.

I am looking after him for a couple of days just now as his parents are away for a well earned break for a couple of days to barcelona but will be back on Saturday, its the first time they have been separated for so long and we expected him to be discontented but he is just amazing although very tiring and at the stage he wants to walk so my back is breaking haha

Hope everyone else is keeping well

Sending Hugs

Wyn x

Barbie40

Hi ladies

Petal how's the book going? Any good?

Wyn how is the new job?

I have had my onc appt and asked her to check out the enlarged lymph node in neck. She said yes it's a little large but feels normal. Her advice was if it gets bigger and hard then ring up and she'll send me for ultrasound. Phew I can stop worrying now. Meanwhile my daughter had a referral to b clinic as she has a few lumps. Had a core biopsy and get results on Monday. Very surreal and absolutely terrifying but I'm sure it will be fine... 2 weeks for results sounds like good news to me.

X
Petal88

Yes thanks, Barbie, I am feeling much more settled again now but I will try the tablets again in a while so I know if they are definitely the cause of all the problems. I hope your lymph node settles down again. I have a new booklet to read published by Macmillan called "What to do after cancer treatment ends: 10 top tips." I'll let you all know if it is helpful.
Lisa, I hope you have had some helpful advice from people. Have you found a board that has posts from people at the same stage as you? Everyone on here was diagnosed around the end of 2013. If we can help we will but we have found it very supportive when others are going through treatment at the same time. Good luck!
Barbie40

Hi lisa sorry you find yourself here. I'm sure sjb will be along soon to give you some insight, all I can say is trust your medical team I'm sure that they have your best interests at heart.

Petal you sound quite down at the moment and I hope that once the hormone levels are back to normal you will feel better. Have you had any counselling?

Wyn good luck with the latest job.

I'm not going to worry about this swollen lymph node but I will mention it at next onc appt which is in a few weeks.

X
lisajane7878

Hi sjb I hope you don't mind me butting in here but I was diagnosed last week and my consultant is wanting to do chemo first then mastectomy. I was surprised that he wanted to do it this way but fully understand and trust his judgement. I'm 37 with two little ones!!! My first scan and mammogram said it was originally 2.8cm but he's saying he's concerned it's closer to 4-6! Xx
Petal88

Thanks for asking after me. I can't seem to get on with hormone tablets so am having another break but may try them again in a few weeks and see if I get on any better. I had almost instant bladder problems, have had visual disturbance again and was so low I cried all day and couldn't get motivated to do anything and wouldn't have cared if I had died. Off them again, I feel fine and although I still worry about things, I can cope. My GP and cancer nurse have both said I just may not be able to tolerate them (I never could take the pill or HRT as they gave me dreadful migraines and high blood pressure).  The "good" news is that my cancer was mainly HER2 positive and I have the added protection of my year's worth of Herceptin.

I have been trying to understand the statistics of risk of the cancer returning but the programmes available (even to the cancer nurses) don't take into account that you have had an operation, the level of hormones in the cancer - my oestrogen level was only 10% which they call weakly positive- and most don't allow for the HER2 bit or the Herceptin. It would obviously be better if I could just take the tablets but the way they made me feel was so bad that I think I would rather have better quality of life and the risk element is reasonably small. 

Barbie, I know everyone says it is perfectly normal to be scared by every little thing and think it is cancer again but it doesn't do any harm to run things past the GP and go back if there are any changes. Hopefully any lymph swelling is because the glands are working harder after the removal of the ones under the arm.

Good luck with the new job, Wyn. I love my grandchildren to bits too!

Best wishes to one and all. Petal x

wyn

Hi Ladies, hope you are all well,

Petal, I understand that low mood feeling, but it will pass - just try to keep busy as it helps to lift your mood.

Barbie - I have a swelling around collar bone for about a year now and when I pointed it out to oncologist she said not to worry about it!!!!!!! but it is quite obvious and makes me feel a bit self concious.

Well I have been busy in last few weeks and changed my job again lol, this time I am quite happy with the part time hrs and responsibilities, so fingers crossed I have made the right decision, I am also enjoying the time with my grandson who will be a year next month ( how time flies) he is just my little ray of sunshine even on my dark days :-).

Take care

Wyn x

Barbie40

Hi ladies. How is everyone doing?

Petal - how are you doing with the new hormone tablets??

Mx versus exision.... I sometimes think that I should have had mx but then again I have to trust my surgeon n not overthink these things. So I'm trying really hard to just get on with life, keeping busy helps. The diet is going well, half a stone off so far.

On the negative side of things I have a swollen lymph node on my neck (same side as bc) and as usual I'm a bit concerned about it. But to be honest I think it's because I keep feeling around for anything abnormal so trying to leave it alone for a while n see if it goes down.

X
SJB

I can understand you missing your husband and sister. I've been quite lucky on the Tamoxifen. I had bad sweats for the first couple of months, then it eased right up. I just get prescribed eye drops because my tear ducts are dry and a lubricant for down below. My nails are brittle, ridged and discoloured burt I buff them smooth and paint them with varnish all the time.

Don't we have fun!
Petal88

Thanks for that, and good luck when you have your op. I have a cousin in Australia who had that done and she is much happier now she is balanced again.
I think the new hormone tablets are affecting me already as I am pretty down just now but hopefully I will get used to them. I just feel my whole life has turned upside down in the last couple of years but I know it is because I miss my husband and sister as well as having the after effects of all the treatment.
I do appreciate you taking the time to answer me about mx versus excision.

SJB

Hi Petal. I had my mx in May 2014 after my chemo. I had been told that my 50mm tumour had collapsed to just 24mm after the chemo but my surgeon still wanted to remove the whole breast. I don't regret it. The cancer had been in my lymph nodes on diagnosis, so they removed all 14 lymph nodes on that side, but I was told after the op that there was no cancer left in any of them.

I have almost full movement in that arm. Can't reach as high as the other arm. I have not developed lymphodema so far, touch wood.

Although I have no regrets about the mx, I don't want to be "single breasted" for the rest of my life, so I am having a DIEP flap reconstruction on 7th January 2016. It's a long time to wait, but I'm having the best plastic surgeon at the best hospital in the country - Queen Victoria at East Grinstead, so I am happy to wait.

A DIEP flap is where they take fat, muscle and skin from your tummy to create your new breast. The operation lasts at least 8 hours, and you can't drive for 6 weeks afterwards. I've been told I may need 3 months off work. It's very painful apparently, but it's the best option that gives the most natural result.

So having gone down the mx route, that is the next part of my journey back to normality. It's a big hurdle to jump.

I hope that gives you an insight into what happens if you have a mx. If you want to know anything else, please ask.
Petal88

Hi All. I have more good days than bad days so that's a positive! I have to admit I have had times when I wondered if mx would have been better than lumpectomy but I have no knowledge of what mx is like other than a friend telling me she has lymphoedema after hers so it isn't exclusive to those with breast tissue remaining. Hers goes through to her shoulder and it seems to be luck of the draw whether you get it or not and it is from the node clearance anyway. Do those who have had mx wish they hadn't? Do they have reassurance that the cancer must have been removed with the breast? I know I worry about every lump now as how I am to know if it is suspicious or just more fluid?
I think personal circumstances play a big role in how we cope and I am still very grateful for the support received from being able to post on here. I could do with losing some weight, too, but don't feel quite ready to challenge myself yet. Let us know how it goes you brave souls getting in control again! I have just started taking Exemestane so will have to see if that has an effect. Petal x
RacingJules

Hi Ladies

Just checking in and good to see that it is reasonably quiet on the forum; hopefully everyone is getting on with their lives. 

I've been doing ok; still have restricted movement in my right arm but that was due to the mx and the lymph node clearance. It is what it is and a small price to pay. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and has been able to find a new "norm". 

Sending love and hugs, 

Jules xx

wyn

Hi Ladies,

Barbie glad you feel reassured by my post. We have a few similarities lol, I also had very smallmargin and remain very high risk of reoccurence but try not to think about it.

I also moved house, although it was 3mths prior to dx so never really had the inclination to do any improvements until recently lol.

As for slimming world I also joined them prior to my hols and was doing great ( lost 19lbs) before going on holiday at end of April and was so near my target but  Hey I was on holiday so all went out window again haha and haven't got back into it since, prob one of the reasons I have been feeling a bit down so will be joining again next Monday, felt it was really easy to follow and never felt hungry, good luck with your weightloss and let us know how you are getting on with it.

Hope everyone else is doing ok since forum is quiet

sending hugs

Wyn x

Barbie40

Hi girls 

thanks wyn, you have reassured me as I feel exactly the same as you. I wish I'd had the mx too as I feel so lumpy I wonder how I would notice a recurrence also the margin was only 0.6mm so my surgeon said I'm high risk of recurrence. 

I am trying not to be so paranoid about it all and get on with my life which I'm loving my new home and enjoying buying new things for it. Haven't done anything about the job yet. Joined slimming world last week as I'm sick of carrying around this extra weight from all the cake I ate during treatment.

How is everyone else doing?

x

wyn

I agree Barbie - it sucks, just when you think you can put all this behind you another hurdle gets thrown in your path and starts the paranoia all over again,

My breast is constantly changing from feeling like thickening or hard particularly in the surgery area to feeling soft and normal, and painful at times. I get so confused to what is Normal now that I dread checking now and sometimes I wish I should have pushed for a mastectomy so I didn't have to worry every time it feels different, if that makes sense.

I have been finding the last few months a struggle in comparison to the 6 months prior, not sure if its because I hit that brick wall and everything just hit me, I really need to give myself a kick up the backside and get back on that feel good bus.lol after all we didn't put ourselves through all this to come out the other side feeling miserable and stressed.

Here's to Happy Days Ahead 🙂

Take care

Wyn.

Petal88

Try not to worry too much - though I understand completely as I have a lot of oedema still and my US also showed that the tissue is thickened. The breast is full and sore by the end of the day and I have to do lymphatic massage twice a day when I do my massage for my arm. I do get fed up with it despite knowing the cause of it saved my life! Hopefully it will decrease eventually.
Barbie40

Hi guys

Hope you have better luck next time wyn.

Just received a letter yesterday from my bcn about the US I had a month ago to say it's been reviewed and has confirmed some thickening so I am to remain vigilant and report any changes straight away! Don't you just love it when they send these letters out and make you worry about it all over again.

X
wyn

Hi ladies,

Barbie- Glad your move went well, it sounds so nice to be living by the beach, I have always lived by the water ( although not really a beach) but the views are amazing and during the summer I get to watch all the cruiseliners passing ( one can dream haha). Hope you recover quickly from cold.

Petal-  happy that your appointments went  well but unfortunately I can't help with hormone treatments either as I dont get any, it must be a real nuisance to you having to wear the sleeve but if it helps then its worth it in the long run.

Didn't even get shortlisted for interview lol but it's not surprising really as i have very little experience in personal care so guess I will need to keep looking.

I have noticed my hair is thinning a lot, it never really grew back to the thick healthy stage it was before dx but it was ok to manage, When I discussed this with hairdresser she said it's not uncommon for it to happen and she has currently a customer in same situation two years after treatment ended. hopefully its not too drastic so I have started taking vitamin D3 to see if that helps.

sending hugs

Wyn x

Barbie40

Hi

The move went well eventually, as usual the solicitors kept us waiting until the last minute. But I absolutely love it, I was on the beach with the dogs at 6.30 this morning in the sunshine. Been so tired from the move that I have a cold and cough now.

Petal I have only been on tamoxifen so can't help.

X
Petal88

Hi again. Any news on the job Wyn? And good luck with the move Barbie.
I was pleased yesterday to have my oncology check-up and be told I am ok. I will see the surgical team in 6 months and oncology again this time next year, all being well.
I am a little apprehensive as they want me to try hormone tablets again. Letrozole and Tamoxifen gave me awful problems so they want me to take Exemestane. Is anyone else on those? I will talk to my GP as I know they can give you bone pain and I already have that from my treatment for osteoporosis. I know I can put up with it but it is quite hard to put my tight lymphoedema sleeve on my right arm each day when my left wrist and hand are painful and quite weak. Not life threatening by any means, I know, but I am still finding it hard at times to live on my own even though it is over two years since my husband died.
SJB, any news on Sarah?
Petal x
Barbie40

Hi wyn

I'm pleased I'm not the only one who feels this way.... I had a customer complaining about hay fever the other day WTF! We were probably like that two years ago lol.

Thanks for the job advice, I will take my time. I hope you find a role that gives you the satisfaction that you are looking for.

I'm moving house very soon, just waiting for a date from solicitors. Then I will be a 10 minute walk from the beach. Can't wait new beginnings for me and my family xx
wyn

thanks ladies, I'ts a comfort to know i am not the only one experiencing that brick wall.

Barbie I feel exactly the same about other people complaining about irrelevant stuff, eg people telling me they are Dying with a cold, or I don't know how much they are suffering with pain in their back or absolutely sick of their lives because they have falling out with their OH,   don't get me started haha feel like saying to them all GET A LIFE.

anyway on the job front, I was a Housing Officer with local authority for over 20years and took early retirement package about a year prior to dx and I absoutely loved my job but felt the time was right to go.  After a couple of months I got a bit fed up and decided to look for p/t work and successfully got employed with NHS however wasn't there long when dx so decided not to go back after treatment as job was heavy.

Since Jan I have taken on a couple of p/t jobs in retail and currently working p/t in local school with bank work with another housing association.

I know I should be happy that I have got these jobs as I know there are lots of people struggling to find a job but I just don't seem to get the job satisfaction I once had and therefore still job hunting.

I have applied for another p/t job with local authority in a day care centre as a support officer and feel this may give me the satisfaction I have been looking for, Like you I have always worked with members of the public and there is nothing more rewarding than going home knowing you have made a difference to someone else's life if that makes sense. At the moment I just feel part of the rat race and not going anywhere.

If you are thinking about changing your job take time to think what you would really like to do and what will make you happy and don't be like me and rush into it haha. Good luck

Wyn x

Barbie40

Hi ladies, it's good to hear from you. I feel like everyone else is coping better than me but then I read your messages and realise that we are all the same.... anxious about the thought of it coming back! I do feel like it's gradually getting easier to cope with.

I do get frustrated with people who moan about trivial stuff which has made me start to think about changing jobs. I work in customer service and get really angry when customers complain about something that I think is irrelevant! Any advice on changing would be welcome. I work with some amazing people who have given me so much support and love during treatment and would probably miss them however I also feel like I'm treated differently because of the bc. Would love to hear how you have found changing jobs Wyn!

Loving the summer but my hot flushes are horrendous especially at night.

X
Petal88

You are not the only one, Wyn, to hit that brick wall. I think we all get low times and would like to return to the carefree pre-diagnosis days. Our lives have changed a lot and I for one struggle sometimes and think everyone else is managing better than I am. Of course I am glad to be alive but I get fed up with my lymphoedema restricting what I can do and have just been told I must have blood tests for anaemia and I think maybe that is why I still get so very tired. I also know someone else who has labrynthitis (not nice!) and she was told it was probably caused by the chemo.
We got through last year with each other's help so hang on in there and post again when you need a sounding board. You are not alone!
wyn

Hi Angels,

Petal - glad you are feeling better

Barbie - so pleased for your news.

I havent been posting for a while due to hitting a brick wall and having a bit of a meltdown. I had been experiencing pain in my hip and down my leg for a while and casually said to oncologist during my follow up appointment in may, she then said to me "As your tumour was very aggressive and you are very high risk of recurrence I am taking no chances and referring you for a bone scan as it can return anywhere in your body".  WOW i really didnt want to hear that. Anyway to cut a long story short I was in that dreaded waiting room for a few weeks, had scan and glad to say it was clear.

I now have labyrithitis for the last 10 days, ears very sore and severe dizzy spells.

Dont know how you all feel but I just think I am taking one step forward and two steps back.

In addition to all of that I dont seem to be contented either as I have changed jobs four times since Jan (haha) I seem to have developed this attitude that If I am not happy with anything anymore then I will change it no matter what the consequences and really don't care what people think. This is soooo not me.

Anyway enough said for now hope you are all enjoying your summer

Take care

Wyn x

Petal88

I can't believe the awful problems Sarah has had and hope the good news continues and the chemo carries on zapping the cancer. I had never heard of fungating cancer before and my heart goes out to her.
Petal88

Really happy for you Barbie!
Barbie40

Hi ladies

I'm pleased to report that the scan results were that it is just post op scar changes. She said that I probably had a little bit of oedema which is now resolving which has caused the dimpling and change of texture! Hallelujah! She wasn't very nice tho and made me feel like I was wasting her time but I'm just so relieved with the result.

X
SJB

I'll be thinking of you too, Barbie. Sarah hasn't been coping too well. This is what she told us on 19th june:

Hello ladies. I have struggled last few months I can't deny. To do chemo and radio and then 4 months later do chemo again...

I had 3 new tumours and fungated cancer so in April second time round I had 6 months to live. Good news is...tumour on new left armpit of 2cm they can't feel and ct scan says nothing there. New tumour in normal left boob which was 5x3 cm is now 2x1 cm and massive tumour of 13x12 cm over expander and fungating out of body is gone. So after 3 chemos good news. Started 4th today.
Petal88

Will be thinking if you on Wednesday Barbie. At least they aren't keeping you waiting. Let us know how it goes.
I have a lump, too, which they told me was from my oedema which had been caused by the radiotherapy and an ultrasound only showed thickened tissue. Hopefully you can be reassured very soon.
Barbie40

Hi petal it's good to hear from you.

Everything ok hear apart from finding a bit of dimpling and a new lump which I am hoping is just post operative scar changes. Saw bcn and surgeon this morning who are unsure and are sending me for ultrasound on Wednesday. Keeping everything crossed that it's not a recurrence.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Petal88

Hi Angels. Many thanks for the messages. Although expected, it was still so hard to accept but I am glad her suffering is over.

How is everyone doing these days? Apart from the lymphoedema in my arm and the ongoing breast oedema I am so, so much better than this time last year. I still tire easily and have to pace myself more these days but then I am getting older!!

How is Sarahmummy doing, SJB?
Love to all. Petal xx
RacingJules

So sorry to hear your news Petal.  Thinking of you.

Love, Jules xx

Barbie40

So sorry to hear about your sister Petal I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now. Big hugs for you. Xxx
wyn

Oh Petal, I am so sorry to hear this news, stay strong and cherish those memories you had with your sister, sending you lots of hugs and holding your hand to help you through this.

Love Wyn x

Petal88

Thanks Wyn and Barbie. Glad to hear you are getting good results.
Sadly my sister passed away in the early hours of Sunday morning. The MacMillan Unit was amazing and it was all very peaceful.
wyn

Excellent news Barbie, soooooo pleased for you, you can relax now.

I haven't  had any flare ups of bladder problem so lets hope it stays that way.

It's prob part of the norm for most of us to become more anxious with any pains etc since DX but it must be a good thing as we are paying attention to our bodies more now than previously when we would have just shrugged them off.

Take care everyone

Wyn X