Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December Angels 2013

tri

Re: December Angels 2013

Thank you for your kind message . X x
Sarahmummy

Good luck Bellabue and SJB ........3rd today half way ......great message SJB so positive xxx I am 3 rd FEC day 7 and feel fine but did feel a bit more tired this time however it's all worth it ......roll on April xxxx will be thinking of you today xx
SJB

I'm having my third and final dose of FEC today too - at 3pm.

Will be thinking of you, Bellablue1.

Halfway is definitely good, but I'm not looking forward to changing over to the 3 doses of T.

I am going to be very glad to get to April, when chemo will be a thing of the past!

Bellablue1

Morning Angels

I'm off for my third FEC today at 10.00. (Halfway yay). Feeling nervous as usual but hoping it will be like the last one.

Good luck to everyone at the chemo bar this week. Luv jacx
Joanne1973

Hi ro21, no I haven't carried on with the cap. Felt such a huge decision but feel better for it. Been much better this cycle, combination of no cap, emend pre chemo and a syringe driver at home. How are you doing?

Tri, abnormal liver tests are a known side effect of the chemo. It sounds like they are being cautious by scanning just to be doubly sure there is nothing they are missing. It sounds like you are in good hands. We can't say anything to stop you worrying, just let us know how you get on, am keeping everything crossed for you.

Goodbye EC, it hasn't been very nice knowing you...but lets see what your old pal docetaxel can do.

Love to you all xxx
tri

Hi everyone has anyone had any problems with their liver function tests . I have just had my 3rd ec and the liver function keeps rising now told have to have a abdo ct before starting 3x t I am absolutely petrified . Thanks tri . X x
Ro21

I agree Petal, breast cancer is so complicated isn't it and well meaning people say oh such & such had it & was back at work in no time!!! They think it's all the same never mind that it turns out their friend had a lumpectomy & radiotherapy not the same thing at all............

Jacque-Love the idea of something special for every treatment, I try & go for lunch/meals with family & friends far more than I did pre-cancer, and looking forward to going to Spain in June hopefully all this will be over by then.

Joanne1973 did u carry on with the cold cap?

Wynn - sorry to hear you suffered with the 1st T cycle, not easy I know but you have to keep going to give yourself the best chance of it not coming back.

Bean 14 - thanks for the tips

Bellablue - good luck for tomorrow

Hugs & kisses to you all ❤️ x
Petal88

The more I read on here the more I learn. I had a hysterectomy many years ago and my ovaries out in 2008 because of a cyst but was told it was all benign. My breast cancer is weakly oestrogen positive and I don't understand how as I have no ovaries. There is obviously a connection between them and breast cancer. Good luck with appointments and future surgery. I have my appointment with the surgeon next month after the third dose of TCH. Is my T the same as everyone's ”Tax”(Taxotere)? I haven't had FEC at all. Before all this I thought breast cancer was just breast cancer.....not so.
wyn

Hi sarahmummy, I had my bloods taken at the  end of November and was told it would take between 12--16 weeks.I am hoping to get them before end of chemo last week in march. My original treatment plan by surgeon is WLE however if results are positive he said we would be looking at double mastectomy and possibly oopherectomy, I am hopeful my results will be negative although wont hold my breath, whatever the outcome I am prepared to do whatever is neccessary to increase my chances of  survival and prevent any re-occurence.

Sending hugs

Wyn x

Sarahmummy

Wynn, we are both triple neg and I had blood taken yesterday for genes brac 1 and 2. When do you get your results. Mine will then determine extend of mastectomy. I will have to have one done anyway as I have a tumour and a pre cancerous mass. Interestingly my lymph nodes haven't responded either ....didn't ask the question why but will xxxx
Sarahmummy

Hello a gets. Jemp0812 what a positive message so great to hear about your friend. I had my FEC 3 yesterday and doing tax in next 3 weeks it is a proven programme hence 3 of each. My lump has nearly halves in size. My hair has nearly all gone but have a wig too etc. I tried loads for mouth ulcers and they have been bad, after trying loads and after 9 days I started rinsing with good old fashioned salt water and they were gone in two days. Stings but works. Feeling tired and nausea today so just pottering about and hoping to East something later ...good luck to everyone and wishing you strength xx
wyn

Hi Jacquie, good luck with your oncologist appt today.

I beleive the tax is just part of the treatment plan designed to give best results for the type of cancer we have. I was put on tax after 2nd fec as oncologist wanted to optimise my tumour's response to chemo so it must be stronger stuff. I also noticed a difference in my breast shape and lump does not feel solid anymore,my skin has also puckered quite a bit and breast nurse said this could be due to tumour shrinking and skin being pulled in.

As I am triple negative, chemo and radiotherapy are the only treatments on offer so although my se's have been horrible on tax i am prepared to suffer for a week or so after each treatment to get the results thats needed.

I am also waiting on results of genetic testing for BRAC gene (family history) which will determine what surgery I will be getting.

Sending hugs

Wyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Wyn so sorry to hear of all your problems, it's so miserable when no one else close to u can understand how it feels even if they have your best intentions. I wish that we could all magically step into a machine that takes us to any one of us who needs a special hug that day/week. You seem a very strong and courageous lady and I'm sure you are meeting your challenges head on. I have my oncologist appt today and am taking notes from my journal as last time I went into a fluster, luckily my husband was there and gently coaxed me into remembering what happened to me. I'm not looking forward to tax I have to say after this third FEC, do you have to have it if your breast tumour has significantly decreased or is it a kind of clean up tying in with FEC. I will ask her but sometimes they speak in double Dutch and when I've asked for her to speak in laymen's terms it's still not quite clear to me. I have a grade 3 breast cancer but I have noticed a significant decrease, has anyone else? The lymph nodes however do not seem to be reacting to this treatment. I find that weird but maybe it's happened to someone else. On the pineapple front, I tried it and was terribly ill for 24 hours, however it did clear my mouth from that fuzzy feeling, but I won't be doing it again. Has anyone else had that reaction, pain in stomach, no diarorhea, migraine and nausea. I am going into the office today (own boss so am lucky) to try and do some paperwork and get on with being more normal. On a positive note, one of my dear friends found out she had breast cancer two years ago and was carrying the BRAC gene, she's had a double mastectomy and gone through FEC-T, radiotherapy etc. Today if you looked at her you would never believe the trauma this woman went through, her hair was thin but now it's a gorgeous luxuriant mass of curls which she loves. When I look at her I know that will be us soon. Take care ladies. Jacquie x
Kaz16

I'm a bit behind the rest of you and have just had FEC 2 just like last time It is day 3 and still feel OK but know that tomorrow and the next 5 days won't be great. Managed to go into work last week but I do appreciate that as my own boss it is easier for me. I have found that when I am having an off day the thought of the smell and sounds of the hospitals make me dread going in again and that is why I didn't go for the cold cap. My hair has come out now and my wig looks good and I have some nice hats from Annabanda which is the best for value. It really doesn't bother me just another SE , hope this helps.
Kaz 16
setareh

Hi wyn, sorry to hear you had bad se. Glad you're feeling better now. Please take care, eat well, drink plenty of water, rest, short walk...hope the second one is easier. 

thinking of you

I'm also worried about starting T but we have to do it and yes looking forward to finish the treatmet in March!!!

Bean14

Wyn, I've been on the tax ( with carboplatin) from go and had 2 treatments so far. Sorry to hear you've had such awful se's. The rash is from the steroids and does go away after the 3rd day. I felt awful too and thought I couldn't take anymore. With the second dose I tried to be a bit more active - just gentle walking around the house more - and it helped ease the bone pain I had in my hips and legs. I don't know if that might help you. As for sense of taste ...I get about a week in each cycle when I can taste food. It's all a bit rubbish but we've just got to soldier on. Hope next time is better for you x

wyn

happy birthday SJB and Sarahmummy,hope you have a lovely day.  I have had a horrible week since 1st Tax last friday, took allergic reaction chest and neck in rash,joint and bone pain horrendous especially in sternum,spine and legs and very weak, sore mouth and no taste,

at one point felt I could not go through with another three sessions and i was on the verge of giving up, however today I am feeling almost normal and still achy but not in a lot of pain (hooray). I have been taking paracetamol and ibrufen,hot baths and constant hot water bottles,also pineapple juice,sweets and chunks for my mouth. I think I will need stronger painkillers next time and possibly antihistamine for allergy.

Not everyone has severe side effects and I hope yours are all minimum when yous go on to Tax. Only 3 more to go 😞 . We will all get through this, roll on end March so we can all spring into the summer with the dreaded chemo behind us.

sending lots of hugs

Wyn 

setareh

Good morning Joanne,  good luck with treatment tomorrow. Thinking of you.

My biggest fear was to lose my hair but now I'm ok and it doesnt matter anymore. When I went for fec2 I talked to my nurese and she helped me to decide. 

One of my friends said to me " whatever dececion you make make sure you're happy and grow as a person" 

setareh

Re: Real: December Angels 2013

Happy Birthday dear SJB and Sarah! Hope you have a great day and everything goes well with fec 3. Thinikng of you

Take care angels xx

Joanne1973

Happy birthday ladies! And jacquie's daughter! Hope you find a little something to make you smile today 🙂

Thanks for cold cap advice. I'm really wrestling with myself, stupid I know. My hair is much thinner and those who don't know me wouldn't think twice. The pain and stress thinking of having it makes me feel ill and is definitely a factor along with horrendous nausea and vomiting which makes me not want to carry on with chemo on a daily basis. But then I think how much will I regret it if I decide to not use it again. Hubby and daughters are very supportive and have all told me individually to not bother with it. I'm just wrestling with my own demons and truly don't know which path to take. I guess I'll only decide when I arrive tomorrow.
Xxxx
SJB

So glad to hear you're on the up again, Jacquie. We all have our ups and downs.

Gladly having found each other, we can offload here without fear of repercussions because we all understand what the others are going through.

Have a great lunch with your daughter and enjoy the choir practice tonight. How wonderfully rewarding. Good for you. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Ladies thank you for your lovely messages, I do believe (hurray) that I turned the corner yesterday and am ready to face humanity again. When I look back at these past days I wonder how I mentally got into this state, but as my husband reminds me this isint me it's just the FEC. I've looked back at my journal over the last 14 days and it has some very strange entries, so he's right and I feel happy that I know I will come through this, especially with all you lovely people and your fantastic support. To everyone regarding cold cap, as you know I've decided not to carry on. It does work, my hair is thinner but I just don't want to pursue that avenue any longer. I'm happy to try and help anyone if u have any questions. Today I am going out for lunch with my daughter and tonight I hope to accompany a friend to join a choir. I've decided to try and do some special things for myself every treatment, it could be anything even something silly like learning to knit, something I've always wanted to do. It's a far change from my original bucket list after my younger sister passed away two years ago unexpectedly, which was lean to ski, sail a yacht and dive with a great white shark. I've achieved two of the three so when I'm all clear that shark had better be ready to be scared. Ha ha!! I reiterate once again that I'm so thankful to all of you. God bless you all. Jacquie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy Birthday Sue and Sarah. It's also my daughters birthday today. Happy times. Xx
Bellablue1

Happy BIrthday Sue and Sarah. Luv jacx
SJB

Well, today is my birthday. It's also Sarahmummy's birthday, and she has her third FEC session today. Good luck, Sarah. Rooting for you. x

setareh

Thanks Ro, I like your sense of humor 🙂 you've been very supporting and inspiring.

All the December Angels are amazing and I feel very supported by you all.

I was wondering if cancer is male as well 🙂 in my case it might be

Yes it's time to surround ourselves with good thing and stay away from anything that causes stress  and focus on the light at the end of tunnel

Ro21

Thank you Caroline (cybele), it's really nice to hear from someone who has gone thru all this & reached the other side of the treatment journey.............we will get there too.......

It's difficult but I look at Mr chemo as a friend, he's making sure I can continue to have a good life (seeing as it's difficult & causes grief n problems chemo is obviously male! ). Try and make my world positive by only seeing nice people & doing things I enjoy & eating as good a diet as I can. Won't be sorry to see him leave in March though lol x
setareh

Real: December Angels 2013

Hi Joanne, I felt the cold cap was not working for me because I had pain and was stressed all the time. So I decided to stop using the cold cap and focus on my treatment. I feel much better now and I know this is only temporary.   time flies anyway! 3 more cycles and we're done with chemo. I think the last one is in March

I also heard some people used the cold cap and it worked for them. 

Bellablue1

Well done to everyone who has just had FEC 3. Halfway there😀.

I am due number 3 on the 29th January. Jacx
Joanne1973

Well done setareh! Half way point must feel good. I'm really struggling with myself over whether to carry on with the cold cap. How was the decision for you, do you feel better? Xx
setareh

Good bye Fec! Thanks for your help  🙂

Hi girls, hope you're all feeling better today. I had my last fec today. Have 3 T to do.  Saw the oncologist yesterday, he said the lump is smaller. I tried to convince him that I might not need T because fec was doing a good job but he convinced me that I do need T. I asked him if there is anything I can do to prevent the side effects and he said no, just a good diet. Lets be strong and positive, hopefully it's getting easier. I know second fec for me was much easier than the first one.

I lost most of my hair but It doesn't matter. It comes back again. I love my wig and wonder why I never used wig before! I'm learning more about healthy living and how to look good 🙂

Take care everyone xoxox

SJB

Thanks, Caroline. I just had a lovely chat with my District Nurse when she came to flush my PICC line. I'm glad I live here in the UK, where we have such wonderful nurses and medical staff to help us through all this.

On the whole, I do manage to keep in good spirits, as I keep reminding myself that all this stuff is going to save my life. It's just hard going through it, isn't it.

My treatment is due to go on into next year, when  will finally have reconstruction surgery, if everything goes to plan. Feels like a lifetime away right now.

But hearing from other ladies like yourself, who have already come out the other side of all this, does help. Thank you.

Cybele

Hi, I'm from the December 2012 chemo thread, and this time last year I was on my second dose of FEC, having a horrible time, and generally losing the will to live. It seemed as if cancer was now my whole life, and as if chemo would go on forever.

It wasn't and it didn't. The treatment was truly vile - all of it , including the radiotherapy afterwards - but now I'm fine, I have got my life back and the cancer treatment all seems like a bad dream. Sometimes I can't quite believe that I actually had chemo, but I've still got a scar on my wrist to prove it..

I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck, and remind you that this, too, shall pass, and more quickly than you think.

Caroline x

SJB

This is a very exclusive club, isn't it. We can all moan at each other, we can all cry with each other.

And we can all live on together.

Just keep reminding yourselves that all this crap is worth it. It'll save our lives, and make sure we live on to have many more birthdays. It's just a blip. In time, we'll look back on it, maybe not with fond memories, but maybe we'll at least be grateful for the friends that we made during this difficult time.

Jacqui, take all the time you need. i know what you mean about how you're feeling. I've been like that a lot during this cycle. When I hear from you, we'll sort things out so you can join the Fac ebook group. No rush. x

Petal88

Also wanted to comment on using Vicks on nails. That won't keep the UV light away, will it? It doesn't seem to be necessary with every chemo but I would still say use the dark nail varnish if it is your type. It is particularly needed near the cuticle, for the bed of the nail.
Petal88

Everyone seems to be struggling and It has been another very rough ride this time for me, too, with neutropenic sepsis and I was in hospital for four nights. Since coming home I feel devoid of energy and can't say I'm looking forward to session three next week but I feel better if I remind myself that the third session is the halfway mark. However, I have a new worry as my daughter has just told me she thinks one of my grandsons has come out in chickenpox. How dangerous could that be for me? I will phone the cancer nurse tomorrow and ask.
setareh

Wow joanne that's great you went to look good feel better workshop! I'm looking for one near my home. 

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement

Hugs 

Joanne1973

I feel same as you jacquie about the cold cap, not sure I can face it again c
Joanne1973

Thinking of you all jemp, sarahmummy, setarah. Sorry you're all feeling pretty rubbish. Me too, I wonder why we're all so down? Maybe its a thing with the 3rd cycle! I have mine on friday, only really started to feel remotely like me again at the weekend and have spent the rest of the time since then crying not wanting to go on Friday.
On a more positive note though, I did go to a 'look good feel better'workshop today. Definitely recommended. I don't normally wear much if any make up, but there were lots of skincare and make up tips. You get a full bag of stuff from cleanser and toner to blusher and lipsticks, all good brands too like estee Lauder, clinique and no7. I did come out feeling more confident in my appearance (only from the neck up though shame they couldn't do anything with the flab hanging over my jeans!). Just such a shame I bumped into a colleague on the way home and I ended up blubbing again!
Love to you all, let's get over this next hurdle together, some of us might need dragging over, but over we shall get!
Xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sarahmummy I know how u feel. Trying to be positive in front of my husband but broke down today as I was so fed up. Feel better now I've had that release and I'm trying to get my positive head back on like all of u. I've been using cold cap and my hair has stayed on although thinning, however I've decided to stop using it as I just don't want to put myself through any more than I need to. I've realised my hair (for me) is not important, besides the fact it's going so grey now I can't colour it so its going. I've given it my best shot and come to this conclusion. Sorry if its such a strange post ladies, at the moment I feel like I'm losing my mind and can't make sense of things. Love Jacquie xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry SJB have had an awful week, pretty fed up, brain not working and can't seem to access private message on my I phone. My I pad is refusing to charge. I will try again tomorrow. Sorry I'm just struggling to concentrate on anything for more than 10 mins. Not looking forward to third FEC next week at all. Feel like an old moaner. Sorry girls. Xxx Jacquie xxx
Sarahmummy

Hi everyone, I have felt down last couple of days but to be honest it's the build up to FEC third one on Thursday. Felt okay biggest side effect for me is mouth ulcers which are making me grumpy .....been to work a few days and also worn my wig which was received positively but still worry it may slip of! Sending lots of care and strength to you all with se.s and feelings .....it is all so worth it as in a few months time we will be over it and that is a fact we must just focus on to help us in our down times. I hate my bald head, I hate my increased weight, I hate I keep having to go to hospital but this is all just the right thing to do ....I have next chemo on my birthday so bring in on and maybe I can grab a burger before I start feeling rough xxx take care and thinking of u all xxxx
Ro21

Hi Setareh, sorry to hear your a bit down, good luck for tomorrow, fingers crossed that number 3 isn't as bad 💗
Really pleased u & Sue have had a good reaction to your wigs, I really like mine it's so much easier not to have to straighten my hair to make it look ok!!!

Remember however bad this chemo crap makes us feel, it's safeguarding our future & we CAN get through this....... Love & hugs to all our Angels x
SJB

I'm now on day 14 post FEC#2. Still recovering. The tiredness hasn't really gone away, and I've had other niggling side effects that have prevented me getting on with anything. Can't believe number 3 is next wednesday. I am beginning to wonder if I will have any normal days before it!

I got my wig last Monday and have worn it out twice. Have also had lots of compliments and some people didn't realise it was a wig (most people know).

setareh

Hi everyone, it's very quiet here! Hope everyone is ok. I'm not happy today 😞 the last few days I was really well for the first time since october but tomorrow I have another treatment fec 3. Last time I felt very tired for 12 days snd spent most of the time in bed. Please pray for me

By the way I used my wig twice and everyone said my hair looks very nice! 🙂

Ro21

I know not everyone is using the Facebook group, how are u all feeling? How everyone's coping ok and the side effects aren't too rough x
setareh

Well done wyn! Thinking of you x

wyn

thanks Ro21, yes everything went ok, had a little reaction to tax,face neck and chest area very flushed looking and a little breathless but settled down quite quickly ( apparently one of the se's).although felt I hit a brick wall of tiredness when I got home this may have been a combination of only having two hrs sleep the night before so slept on and off throughout the day. feeling better now thankfully. was giving neulasta injection to take to help with wbc and was told by chemo unit to expect some joint pain within next few days,so hopefully se's are minimal.

sending hugs

Wyn x

Ro21

Hope everything went well today Wyn x
SJB

Jemp0802 - I have now sent you two private messages to try and help you join the Facebook group, but you haven't replied yet. Have you seen them?