cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Reconstruction with implants

3 REPLIES 3
rosie14

Re: Delayed Reconstruction with implants

Go to - talk to people like me - younger women. At first glance I can see there is someone that is 27

rosie14

Hi kiarangi I too am so sorry that you have to go through this at such a young age!
There is a section on the forum for young ladies that you may like to join. You are very wise to delay reconstruction till after rads as I had tissue expanders put in immediately during db mx and I had nothing but trouble! Two years later I am about to go for DIEP!
Wishing you al the very best and stay positive!🌸
whitelily

Hi Kiarangi

So sorry you find yourself in this position especially at your very young age. I also had delayed reconstruction with implant unfortunately it hasn't worked for me but I know lots of women it has worked for. Go with your gut instinct and if it feels right you should go for it. You will get lots of support on this site so come on as much as you need to and ask any question you need help with. My thoughts are with you take care xx

kiarangi

Delayed Reconstruction with implants

Hi everyone!

I'm a 22 yrs old primary breast cancer patient awaiting for genetics results next week. I've been suggested a bilateral mastectomy if it turns out I'm a carrier and I'm considering a delayed reconstruction afterwards with implants (too skinny for flap reconstruction). The reason I don't want an inmediate reconstruction is that I still have to go through radiotherapy after the surgery and I've been told it can damage the implants.

Could I please ask people who've been through similar situations about their experience with the reconstruction process?

Thank you very much and have a good end of the weekend 

C