Delays - impact on treatment

Hi all,

I started my Chemo (FEC-T) on 16th Jan, with a three week delay.  I should technically be finished any day now, but I have been dogged with delays, with my most recent Taxotere being delayed for at least 8 days because my neuts are too low (again!).  So I still have two doses of Tax to go.  I have 8 filgrastim injections for each of my cycles.

In all, I have only had one dose out of five of chemo on time so far in my plan.  Does this affect my prognosis? The onc is not calling me until middle of next week and I feel utterly p***ed off at the way things are going for me.  But so far, I don’t seem to be getting any clear answers about wether the effective of the treatment plan I signed up for is being comprimised.  

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Su

Hi Mr Munch1

I’m sorry to read you’re having such a difficult time with your chemotherapy. May I suggest that when the helpline opens again on Tuesday you give them a call to talk things though with a member of staff. Here you will be able to share your cocnerns and questions with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are usually open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.  

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Su,
As you know I’m the same. Would be due my last chemo on 11th May, but not due to finish now until 1st June, assuming no more delays.
I have wondered the same especially as I’ve changed treatment regime twice from 6xFEC to 1 FEC + 5xEC to now 1 FEC, 2EC + 3Tax… I have to have faith that this will still be effective because it’s all that keeps me going!

Will be interested in what your onc says.

Take care,
Carmen x