Deleted

<Empty imported post>

Hi Janey
Whilst you await replies here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through your queries, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Janey,

I’ve never heard of it either. The only thing I can think of is that your lump was close  to either the surface tissue (which they could have used during recon) or the edge, close to armpit.  But I’m probably wrong.  I hope someone who knows soon comes along to explain it. 

poemsgalore xx

Hi Janey,

Sorry to read of your ongoing anxiety and uncertainty.

Unfortunately it is only after surgery and pathology is complete that grading and staging can finally be confirmed.  It does sound, as Poems said, as if there was cancer very close to the edge of the area (I don’t know enough anatomical jargon to be sure where, but could be the skin or muscle) so that they didn’t get as wide a portion of clear tissue as they would like.  Because there is a risk that even one rogue cell has been missed, and because they can’t cut any more away, then radiotherapy is the best way  to zap it before it can do any damage.  Of course there may be no rogue cell, but better safe than sorry.

I did notice on the US site that parallels this one, there are quite a few posts from ladies this has happened to, so whilst uncommon it is not unique.

Take care and hope you soon feel reassured with your treatment plan.