Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denial or google

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Denial or google

Maltomlin

If your relative was diagnosed 11 years ago and had Tamoxifen as part of her treatment then i'm pretty sure the Cancer will have been Hormone Receptive,  She will, at that time, have taken Tamoxifen for 5 years.  When you say you would ask to be referred for a Bone Scan do you think the secondaries have been developing for that long?  Maybe i'm misunderstanding and i have seen other posts where people have asked for scans but to be honest it has never been discussed where i go!!!!!  Maybe i should be looking for a scan..

Poemsgalore,  maybe you can help with this one.   Gilly x

Highlighted

Re: Denial or google

Hi mal,

I have to say that I'd much rather know what the possibilities are. Then if they don't happen that's a bonus. If they do, you're prepared. I've even been know to have a sort of plan worked out, just in case. Woman Embarassed

poemsgalore xx

Highlighted

Denial or google

I'm unsure...........a relative was dx many years ago (11) and didn't know what grade, what stage, whether it was hormone positive...........whatever.....she had surgery, tamoxifen...........and got on with her life....

I am dx over 6 years ago...........googled too much.........looked at all the statistics, prognosis etc worried for the next few few years...........

Now she's been dx with bone secondaries and it's a shock to her..........what's better? is it btter to be in denial?

If it was me, I would have asked to be referred for a bone scan.............but is it better not knowing?