Dentists during radiotherapy?

Hi, I am really bothered with toothache at the moment and have been for the last couple of weeks. My dentist is reluctant to do X-Rays or any dental work really while I am having radiotherapy. I don’t finish til 29th December with the Christmas break but really don’t want toothache all 9ver the holiday. Has anyone any experience of this or advise?

Hi Ali49, 

I am sorry to hear about your toothache. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always use our Ask the Nurse email service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have about managing the pain and offer a friendly ear.

Please note that during the Christmas and New Year period our opening hours will change.  We will be closing on Friday 23 December at 5pm, and we will open again at 9am on Wednesday 28 December.  On that day, and on Thursday 29 and Friday 30 December, we will be open between 9am and 5pm.  We will then close again, resuming our normal opening hours from 9am on Tuesday 3 January 2017.

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi Charts and thank you for replying. I probably haven’t been fair about my dentist as she is lovely! She has now done a couple more X-Rays and it could be a couple of teeth with potential to cause problems but she can’t exactly say which. Anyway I am now taking antibiotics and the pain is m7ch less - thank God. She just doesn’t want to start messing with the teeth just yet so I am going back 9n 4th Jan - after my RT has finished - and hopefully get my teeth sorted!! I blame the school dentist who filled every tooth when I was a child!! Xx