cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denusomab and dentist work

9 REPLIES 9
geordiex

Re: Denusomab and dentist work

Thanks Mrs Blue I took the leaflet along with me but she was well aware of potential problems with extraction mine is an ancient filling well past its sell by date xx

mrsblue

I have bone mets, I have not had denosumab (note spelling!) but I have been on bisphosphonates for years, ibandronic acid tablets and other related drugs.  With these it is definifely OK to have normal dental fillings including repairs - my fillings have reached the end of their design life, and I do like eating whole nuts lol! 

Denosumab is NOT a bisphosphonate, it strengthens bones in a different way.

Links here:

BCC's own page about denosumab:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/treating-breast-cancer/targeted-therap...

CRUK http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/treatment/cancer-drugs/denosumab

Macmillan http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertypes/Bonesecondary/Treatingsecondarybonecancer/...

Hope this helps.

2catlady

Glad at least tooth not causing you pain. Yes,everything seems worse xxxx you just take care and look after yourself ,huge hugs,Helen xxxxx
geordiex

no pain just ultra sensitive I dont mind the dentist but will be pleased when its sorted ,everythings feels worse when you have this rubbish in your body 😕 xx

2catlady

That's great Geordie . Dentists are more clued up than onc ! Hope you not in too much pain and get everything sorted soon xxx
geordiex

hi just come back from dentist and she was clued up no extractions but you can have root canal ,extractions increase your risk on jaw bone problems in the future ,she put a dressing on and will take old filling out and replace it on 26th next month she said its a tiny bit of tooth but it feels huge to me ...lol xx

2catlady

Geordie,I'd ask onc or chemo ward as I was told no dentist work! Or if I did need filling I'd have to come off for a couple of months by chemo nurse. This was Fawlty towers. But my dentist said it was okay to have fillings. Again,nobody reading from same song book,no wonder we never know what to do!
I know I can't have anything done now not even scrape and polish as on chemo.
Hugs,Helen xxxx
geordiex

I will going to speak to them tomorrow onc did say about root canal and I know extractions are not recommended due to healing so hopefully they can sort it ,thanks xx

pam01

I think its root canal work which is most concerning...I have had various fillings etc done whilst on zometa/denusomab ( which have not involved the root canal) without difficulty....chat to your dentist!xx

geordiex

Denusomab and dentist work

Hi having denusomab and just broken a piece off a filled tooth has anyone had anything done to thier teeth while having denusomab xx