1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deodorant for radiotherapy

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Deodorant for radiotherapy

I've used a couple of different 'rock' deodorants (Holland and Barratt) and they are just brilliant. No smell at all, and they last literally for years. You can also get them in bigger Boots.

I used to go to radiotherapy without anything, then used the rock when I got home. You just wet the rock and stroke it over the armpit.

Do rinse and dry the rock after use, or over time it gets a bit niffy.

I used simple, but didnt need it on my op side as the ANC has stopped me sweating at all that side...

Hi,
My hospital suggested Salt of the Earth spray on available from Holland and Barrett.
I chose spray on over roll on thinking it would be less irritating plus can use any cream beforehand beneath.
Found it worked well which I was slightly surprised at for something so natural in the deoderant dept!
Seabreeze

Hi Dollywood, I use Pitrok deodorant and have done for the past few years (only just been diagnosed) its fantastic, best deodorant I have ever used x

You'll find Bionsen very easily - I got mine in Sainsbury. Good luck.
Kitt
X

Sounds like that wins the poll. Will track it down ready for when I start. Thank you xx

11treatments with biosessns and so far so good

I used Bionssen recommended by my radiotherapy sept. Have heard of Pik rock. Sold at various health shops.
Atat

Hi. I was advised to use a certain deodorant, can't remember the name but when I said I was using Simple deodorant anyway they said it was fine. I have finished my rads now, a week ago, and have had no problems under my arm even though I had rads in the area. I would definitely recomend Simple Roll on Deodorant.

Not heard of this- I'd love to hear from users whether or not it's helped and, if so, where it can be bought. Rose x

Deodorant for radiotherapy

Has anyone used Pitrok natural crystal deodorant roll on. I had my first radiotherapy session today and was advised to use this. Does it work? Don't want to go to sessions without deodorant.