cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deodorant

14 REPLIES 14
ashbymeadow

Re: Deodorant

Wileda do paraben free products.They also have a resident Dr who you chat too for advise on their Natural products.
You can order wileda products for post as not many shops them.A very old company who have their own gardens to grow their ingredients...open usually one day a year to the public.I have visited when doing a college course.Many different homeopathic remedies.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

I had discovered a crystal deo in Holland & Barratt called Ice Guard.  Unlike other deodorants it contains only 1 ingredient - ammonium alum and the RT team said that this would be fine to use during my treatment.

I was skeptical, as I usually need a strong anti-perspirant (Mitchum 48hr) about whether the rock would work.  However, it has been brilliant.  It was easy to apply (just roll onto wet skin straight after a bath or shower) and kept me not only comfortably dry all day but re-assuringly odour free.  I'm still using it while my skin  heals post treatment and have recommended it to my Mum who, although not undergoing any treatment, wanted an effective unperfumed deodarant.

Hope this helps

Guest user
Not applicable

Rock salt, stick, not cheap but very good. Natural product. X
loveisthedrug

Than you for replying to my query, appreciate it ,it is always good to get other peoples recommendations, take care x
andief67

Hi I use Garnier deodorant says free from parabens but need to check about aluminum.....

Andie x

loveisthedrug

Thanks oyster that was a very interesting link I think I will probably be paranoid about everything I put on my body but at the end of the day you still have to try and not overthink stuff and just get on with life, appreciate you taking the time to reply
loveisthedrug

thanks lucyloo love the name
Oyster

Deodorant wise I use Bionsen, but my favourite body spray is still Impulse and I use that often, but don't spray it under my arms or on my chest since I was diagnosed.

According to a report on Cancer Research UK parabens and aluminium don't cause BC. Here is the link for it -

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2007/08/31/breast-cancer-deodorants-or-the-no-links-effect/

Biddlybee

Hi All, thanks for the info xx
lucyloo

ive used  sanex  since dx

loveisthedrug

Thanks  Janey, think I might go with sanex as suggested by RevCat, breast cancer sure does throw up some problems that I never even thought about,I picked my deodorant in the past because it worked for me but now things are not that simple still I will learn as I go,appreciate your reply

Janey160359

Not found any Methyl Parabens in Dove roll on or aerosol when checking.....it's what I use. Hope this helps . Anyone out there has any problems with Dove please let us know. Sorry just found some Aluminum in there so not sure.

Thanks Janey
loveisthedrug

Thank you very much RevCat for taking the time to reply, your suggestions are really appreciated I have had a mastectomy and lymph node removal and am now paranoid about putting anything on my skin
RevCat

Hello,

I am not entirely sure of your circumstances, and there are no hard and fast rules, but maybe this will help...

Some people try to avoid any products that contain parabens (so things like 'methyl paraben') as some researchers have found traces of these chemicals in breast tumours.

Other people try to avoid certain aluminium compounds as these have also sometimes been suggested to have links with cancer.

I don't think there is any definitive proof of links, but for many people it is something that can be avoided.

Three brands that are paraben free (and in at least one aluminium free) are

Biosen

Pitroc

Sanex (their 0% range of toiletries are all paraben free)

Hope that helps.

loveisthedrug

Deodorant

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good safe deodorant I can buy, I know we have to be careful about what we use but I don't know what to use, it has to be a fairly strong one, any suggestions would be gratefully received

Love to all Cat Happy