Deodorant

I’ve just had my lovely bath - I think I must have soaked for about 90 mins! Dressings all gone and the wounds look probably as they shoul - not pretty but clean and not too pink. But can I use deo? I was too scared to try! And does it make a difference if it’s spray, roll on or solid?
Any advice welcome!
X

My BCN  said roll on for delicate skin but not on the actual scar

Bath envy here!

B.

Hi mac 66 

I had lumpdecomy and lymph node removal, and it did leave it bout 3 weeks until i used anti [perpirsant it actually wasnt too bad i washed everything i wore every time, but maybe cause lymth removal you dont get the sweatiness i dont know.  Now use Dove or Ganier without parabens  roll ons.  My friend whio has the BR gene told me she always uses paraben free ones,so so will i in future.june

Hi MAC

I used a deodorant, but not directly over the scar, from week two and haven’t had any problems.  I tried Bionssen roll-on as that had been recommended as OK to use even during radiotherapy but it smells so horrible on me that I gave up on it and went back to my normal Sanex 0% (no perfume, aluminium or parabens).

Longing for the day that I can get back to using my lovely honey-scented bath products :slight_smile:

xx

Sharon

Thanks everyone. Another thing on my shopping list. But you’re right, Catchpole, I’m definitely not as sweaty as I’d expect. Another unexpected bonus of this experience?!
X