Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depression

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Depression

Yes, Louis,

we all have our down days...even if the treatment happens to be working well....it isnt easy being on treatment for a very long time, either, is it? All the hospital appointments interrupt your life.....mine seems to be working just now, but I too have down days, especially when I havent slept that well...can be very tempted to spend the whole day in bed!  

For me.....I know that being in bed all day would be another thing more to (punish myself) be depressed about...so I make myself get up on those days.......xx. What Helen said is very true....excercise can lift your mood. Even a short walk to the shops can do it.

love and hugs,

Moijan

Highlighted

Louis You don't need to hesitate to post here. You have had so much to cope with that it's not surprising it has brought on this illness. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today.Maybe you have been able to take the opportunity to enjoy something. I know what you mean about seeing other women so sick. This forum is a great support but can sometimes be scary too. Take care. B xx

Highlighted

Just a note to say thank you for all your supportive posts. I feel a little better today.

I was hesitant to post about how I was feeling. I am pleased I did.

Thank you so much.😘

Highlighted

Hi Louis

Its so tough this disease. when I'm down I try keeping a note pad and at bedtime making myself try and think of 3 things I enjoyed that day.. watching some crap tv show or eating something yummy or going for a walk.  

They say exercise is one of the best helps for depression and just getting some daylight for a 15 minute walk everyday would probably help. Ask mum or dad to tell you it's time to go for a walk if possible - I really need my husband to drag me out sometimes and I don't want to and can't motivate myself but in the end I feel better for it. The idea of focusing on a few good things you've done each day can be helpful.  Also trying to think if there is anyway you can help anyone else.  I know that sounds odd when we need so much support ourselves but giving is such a positive experience that can help you feel like you are contiubuting to something or someone else. I sometimes write cards or letters to friends to say thanks for being there or for something nice they have done. It really opens up relationships in a positive way to receive a note from someone. I know you are seeing a therapist and this is all probably not much help and I do really feel for you.  i wish we had a magic button inside we could press to take those negative sad thoughts away.

xxx

Highlighted

Hi louis,

sorry to hear you are so down. M hubby struggles with depression (even more so now)and i know how hard it is to keep functioning. It is also very easy for people who have not walked this path to say you shouldbe pleased with results but like you, even if i get 'good' news i tehn think 'what abou next time'...it is a never ending cycle that we can neer get of. I dont say this to make you geel worse..i just want you to know that you are not on your own and we all understand how you feel. It wont be an easy job to get better with your depression bu never give up. We will support you as much as we possibly can. Lots of love. xx

Highlighted

I was stable on weekly taxol for 21 months, have been taken off it due to a marginal change. I hope that helps you a bit xx
Highlighted

Hello Louis,

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way.You seem to have had to cope with such a lot over the past few months, it's not surprising that something's got to give.

If you're suffering from depression then you can't just 'pull yourself together' and look at things in a positive light. It's going to take time and I hope the treatment you are getting will help you. In the meantime, this forum is a great place to rant and rave and get support as people usually understand how you feel.

It IS good news about your scan results. Noboby - cancer or not - really knows how long we've got. I know it's really hard but try to focus on one day at a time and don't let worrying about the future spoil the time you have been given now.

All best wishes,

Marion

Highlighted

Depression

Well it has been a while since I last posted. I started weekly Taxol in Oct 2016 hormone treatments did not work for me. My life has turned upside down deciding whether to have the Taxol. Since summer 2016 I have given up a job I adored, left my partner and moved back home due to relationship breakdown.

I am trying to cope with so many issues right now I feel weighed down and unable to cope.

I am having counseling and see a Psychiatrist for drug related treatment. My last Taxol was last week. I have not got dressed yet, or really ventured out of bed. It is breaking my parents heart to see me like this. I can't seem to rally myself around at all. On Monday I did not go to counseling. I could not get out of bed at all. I feel so tired right now. 

I had my scan results last week. The report uses the word excellent in the conclusion. My parents say ' I should be on top of the world' I am not. I am so terrified of the next scan in March already. How long will the 

Taxol work for ?

At The Christie in Manchester you meet other ladies and you become involved. When become sick I think 

'OMG that will be me'

Louis. xx