Desert Island Chemo

I finished chemo in September and it did feel like a banishment to a Desert Island.  As warned by my GP, I keep getting recurring side effects (funny taste in mouth, mouth not quite back to normal, but above all- really c**p resistance to infection, and chronic tiredness).  So I keep waking up to find myself on the desert island. (Only this time, being as the weather hasn’t been so special, it isn’t a lovely sunny dry place, it’s a howling tropical storm kind of place!)  My 8 gramophone records include The Military Wives’ Choir, Bach’s partitas(played on mandoline by Chris Thile),Buddy Holly, Eric Bibb, Ellie Goulding, Sheryl Crow, and Mark Knopfler.  My book (apart from the Bible and Shakespeare) is anything by Katie Fforde.  My chosen luxury is my Kindle Fire (a family present for birthday and Xmas last year when I was diagnosed) which has a backlight so I can read in the dark.  My luxury food if I were allowed one was Tesco’s  own brand Gooseberry Fool (very naughty as it does have yoghurt in it!) What would others’ choices be I wonder?

My final chemo was way back on May 23rd, not doing too badly, but my RA and Bronchiectasis are starting to become a bit of a nuisance again. My desert Island would be warm and sunny but with a large shady tree and lots of birdsong to wake up to.

My 8 gramaphone records (or mp3 downloads) would be:

Nocturne - Secret Garden

The Day Before You Came - Abba

All The Times I Cried - Sharleen Spiteri

Cry Me A River - Julie London

La Mer - Charles Trenet

End of the Line - Travelling Wilburys

Frozen - Madonna

Love Song for a Vampire - Annie Lennox

My books (preferably audio versions:

Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf

Woman in White - Wilkie Collins

Anything by Agatha Christie and the Father Brown stories

As well as the Bible and Shakespeare

My luxury would be my iPad mini so I could listen to all my music and audio books.

My luxury food would be a large Stilton cheese.

I can think of others but I’m being very good and not being too greedy.

poemsgalore xx