Desperate to talk

Hi all,

I know for those of you who are genuinely suffering that my worries are no where close to yours and for all of you who are diagnosed I am truly sorry.

I am so scared right now my heart genuinely feels like it’s breaking tonight. I have a really bad feeling about my lump & I know that I can’t possibly know the outcome but so many aches and pains seem to be attributed.

I know the stats and the need for positivity but at the moment I can’t think straight & I’m scared of what’s to come.

I know no one can tell me what the lump is until my hospital appointment next week but any help on how to get through the next week would be so grateful - thank you so much

Hi Holly
I am sorry to read that you are so worried, in addition to the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support you help you through this difficult time, please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000, lines are open during the week 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Holly welcome.

I feel for you. I really do.

the absolute worst part of this is where you are now. Worrying.  Not knowing. 

Waiting to find out and your body playing tricks on you with aches and pains. We have all been there.

I can’t tell you not to worry, that would be impossible.  But you can’t let it take over.  The stats say you will be fine. You can read old threads and see loads of women in your situation, with your worries, who got good results.

I would only advise to keep yourself busy. Be good to yourself, this kind of stress can make you tired and stop you sleeping right so don’t push yourself but most important stay away from Google.  You will just end up feaking yourself out.

you will get through this, you have an appointment so you know when you will get some answers but the wait is pure torture. 

Take care

Keeks

Just had my blood result back for CA152 and that’s clear so i am taking that as a really large positive into the weekend!!

Thank you all for the replies

Hi Holly

Know the feeling-but good news about your blood results! I found a lump last tuesday (having been very remiss about self examination so no idea how long it has been there) Saw dr next day and referred to breast care one stop clinic on referral form headed “high risk of cancer” I know what you mean about aches and pains.  Since the dr examined me my breast has felt tender.  At first I just put this down to being prodded and poked but rather than getting better it seems to have spread. My ribs on that side feel more tender,as does my armpit.  I keep telling myself it is all in my head (and it almost certainly is for both of us) but it is unnerving isn’t it?

Good luck with your tests - I hope they come soon and that the results are good.  Mine are next Wednesday (28th May) in the middle of a family holiday. I tell myself the timing is bad luck so I haven’t used up too much of my reservoir of good luck ha!  Thinking of you.

Hello Holly746!

Keeks is so right!! The provider’s reaction & the drawn out wait time is what causes the panic!! But my hubby reminded me that the medical protocol is necessary to avoid mistakes & it’s their job to react proactively!! & he should know … he’s 1 of them!! But from the patient’s perspective it’s torturous! It was nearly three months from the time I discovered a bloody discharge to my biopsy results! Several panic attacks later: b-9 results!!
Relieved for your normal blood test results!!
I’d take that as a GREAT sign!!
You’re in my thoughts!

Hi, my appointment is tomorrow. I am anxious too. I actually had a lot of stress at christmas and had a breakdown. Theres a good free meditation site called headspace that can be a bit calming. I feel like time is going so slow and i want appointment over but I’m scared. It’s ok to be anxious. I hope you have someone to go with you.