cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deterioration of this disease

nicky08
Community Champion

Re: Deterioration of this disease

Good luck to you both with results and to everyone else who's waiting.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

fingers crossed here.

Best of luck guys x

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes, Thinking of you both. Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

fingers crossed for you both.
love nicky

belinda

Yes just adding my Good Luck to you both..and what a lovely new pic Dawn.
Thinking of you both..x.x.

Guest user
Not applicable

Debs and Dawn - thinking of you both tomorrow and Wednesday and hoping for good results for both of you.

Lots of love
Lesley xx

dm1968

Hi Debs

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope that your results are good for you. I get mine on Wednesday, so know how u are feeling.

Take care and will keep everything crossed for you.

Lots of Love
Dawn
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

.......do you think it was Katie Price back with Pete, who came calling? - perhaps to apologise?. The power and influence of this woman in Cornwall leaves me breathless!

Guest user
Not applicable

Really lovely to see you and your hubby yesterday and thank you for the flowers they are beautiful.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Magsi, will be thinking of you at 3p.m. when we have afternoon tea with another cyber friend. Just taken my steroids, they always knock me out before they wake me up. Oh sounds like a wham song.
Hope everyone is o.k. and enjoying the weather mind you it looks a bit gray here.
Love Debsxxx

magsi

Photo for you Debs
Mx

crispy

dear Debs

Glad you were able to enjoy the wonderful weather. It's the same up north.

Love and prayers Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

Debs, glad you enjpyed your cream tea, I will say a wee prayer for you too xx

take care

love and hugs

Carol xxxxxx

Jacksy

Hi Debs,
So glad you've managed to 'go' - what a relief!
And it sounds lovely, your little moment in the sunshine with the cream tea. Those moments are so prcious aren't they, when you've been feeling cr*p for days on end. Have to say I get irritated at people saying how well I look, but should be glad I do - will be more thankful in future. On the other hand, if people think you look rough it sort of encourages you that they understand a bit how you are feeling.
Hoping your results are okay on Tues.
Glad to hear Ian takes solace from the site too. Big hug to you both
Love and prayers
Jacquie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Glad you enjoyed the fresh breeze and cream tea today, Debs. Given how dreadful you've been feeling of late it is an accomplishment for you to get to Penzance, let alone manage the full make-up, hair, clothes routine. I think you are allowed one day off.
Fingers crossed for a good result on Tuesday, and I hope you feel better over the weekend.
xxx

cass141

Debs, will be praying along with you. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I struggled in the shower and got dressed first time since Monday,
grabbed letter re scan and noticed it was 2 scans thorax abdomen and BRAIN! Well that made me panic the weather here is lovely and we have not been to Penzance for ages so it was a nice couple of hours out. On the way back stopped off home for my steroids and went for a cream tea sat outside our favorite cafe. First time since August we have been there it was so nice to see friendly faces. No one said 'you look well' so I guess I look like I feel delicate and worn out. Had a lovey hour chatting about all sorts now back home in the lounge.
I get my results Tuesday so I don't have a long wait so praying to the Gods for a good result.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs, hope you get on ok with your scan and have a better weekend than last one.

take care

love n hugs

Carol xoxox

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs

Just seen you having scan, thinking of you, xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs

Thinking of you having scan today and do hope you get good news. You and Ian so deserve it.

Sending love and hugs Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs,

Just catching up on the forum and I am really sorry to hear you having a tough time.
Emotions and pain themselves can be exhusting let alone everything else.

If I may I would like to send you a huge hug.....
Please could you in return could you send me your GP......

Joking aside

Thinking of you,

Love Tess.xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs,

I am praying that this is just a "hiccup" and that you will turn the corner soon!

Good luck with the scan.
Take care,
Love,
Janx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hoping for good scan results for you Debs

Fionaxx

lisaf

Fingers crossed for you xx

Guest user
Not applicable

fingers crossed for you debs, hope it goes well.
love reneexx

Lily200

Hi,
Got my fingers crossed like everyone else for your scan results. You are so kind and helpful to other people and if Karma works, you deserve to have a lot of good coming your way. I really hope that terrible pain has gone or at least is under control so you can rest tonight.
Good luck
Lily x

magsi

All the best for tomorrow Debs.
love to you both
P&Bxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs

Glad to hear that you are "going again"!

Your kidney pain sounds awful and of course you will be concerned about the scan - you are definitely not going "soft"! I do hope though that the scan does not show anything remotely horrid.

Thinking of you. Kay xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone and a million thank yous,
I had to ring the chemo ward yesterday as I was not sure what to do I had terrible pain in my kidneys. I waited about an hour and then a chemo nurse rang to say they were trying to find 'Brian' but if I had a temperature to ring back. I sound so soft and I promise I am not I have a good pain threshold I knew I did not have a temperature so went back to sleep. G.P. rang to say they would call in to see me after surgery,Ian under strict supervision packed a bag. We laughed it is a bit like being pregnant with a big bag stuck in the hallway, but I just know if I have to go in he will be in a worst state than me!
Dr came about 6p.m. gave me a good going over and was satisfied that I have not got a pair of kidneys about to die on me. There is a bit of fluid if I get a temp I need to contact the ward. It always makes me feel concerned when the Dr give you a bit of a hug and hold your hand, mind you he looked like a young hippy, he was really nice.
As I have not had chemo again this week I am going again or as I believe it is my dancing troupe thank you all again.
I have my scan tomorrow and then see 'Brian' on Tuesday so I am a bit concerned it may show something horrid. Funny I have always felt confident when on chemo, I have never had one yet that has not worked, so I think I am going soft.
Thank you all for taking the time to reply it is helping us so much even Ian has a read before bed and he is touched by replies.
Love Debsxxx

Lenny

'i could have danced all night, i could have danced all night and still have begged for more.....' and i will and hope that it brings about the desired result! i hope you have a good day today and you are soon more comfortable,

love and prayers,

lenny
xxxx

scottishlass

Hi Debs, What a fan club you have got on this thread. You are such an amazing woman. We are all rooting for you and hope you see an improvement soon. Please don't pooh pooh this letter......or perhaps we should just wish exactly that for you. So poo poo away girl. Smile and the world smiles with you. Love V XX

Guest user
Not applicable

And another hug on its way to you Debs. I've got my dancing shoes on for you too.....

Much love Kay xx

Jacksy

Hi Debs,
Just sending lots of love to you, and hope things start to improve very soon.
hugs
Jacquie x

Guest user
Not applicable

dear Debs,

Just to say I am thinking of you and really hope you begin to feel better. When my little boy is practising his break dancing (hilarious, although he takes it very seriously) I will be sending good thoughts your way.
Nicky

AnneS

Dear Debs,
Just seen your latest post. Am so sorry you're feeling so awful.Thinking of you and Ian so much. You've given me so much confidence to make the most of my life while I can. I'm dancing madly again for you and really hope it works for you. It's a beautiful day here - hope it is with you too. Loads of love and hugs Debs. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dearest Debs,
Off all the people here, you are the one that I remember! Glad to see that you are hanging on in there, horrible and lousy as it is.

I had my Taxol,Avastin, Zometa cocktail this morning. It has been now a year and 5 months of this treatment. They have decided to leave me on this until it doesn't work anymore!!!

I just wanted to let you know that I think about you very often, and always look for you whenever I come on the forum.
I pray that things will improve for you.
Best wishes,
Penny

dm1968

Hi Debs

I am really sorry to hear that you are feeling so ill - especially with your daughter visiting at the weekend, probably didnt help u either, as you wanted to do so much.

I am also sorry I havent kept up to date, but not been on line too much recently with my own little worries, nothing like yours right now, but also so busy with kids and school and stuff, but I do think about u and everyone all the time, wondering how things are going.

I hope that things improve for you and that you start to feel bit better soon.

Lots of love and gentle hugs to you
Dawn
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs, Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. Hope you begin to feel better soon. Love Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs
sorry you are having such a terrible time - must have been so hard with your daughter visiting and wanting to spend 'quality time' with her and bean.... I have put on my dancing shoes and we will all put on a stictly show for you - only no ones gets thrown out - they must dance faster until it works I hope scan shows that you can continue treatment and blooods etc improve , by the way pretty poorly IS much better than ugly poorly and having seen you on TV you are definately the former thinking of you and willing you better Jaynex

cass141

Debs, sorry you're so poorly, thinking of you and hoping things get better for you soon. Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Debs, just sending a wee note to say hi and hope you are feeling better

love n hugs

Carol xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just sending you my best wishes, Debs

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs,
Sorry you're having such an awful time, hope you feel better soon
Thinking of you.

Marmite xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Debs, I am so sorry you're having such an awful time and that the Vinerolbine may not be working for you. I haven't posted much lately but have been thinking about you and hoping you were doing ok. Glad you're still retaining your sense of humour, I don't think anything will take that away from you.

Have been for my pamidronate this morning - two women and two men in the room with me - one lady was asleep the whole time, the other was quite bright and chatty but neither of the men said a word - I know exactly what you mean!

Take care and hope things improve for you very soon

Lesley xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Marmite it would be lovely to meet you all again and god willing I will make it.

Well my weekend was very sad D-M and James got here Sat night we had a take away and settled down to X Factor which was really good just relaxing together. Sunday I wanted to go shopping but I felt ill, no change there then the young ones went into town we had booked to go to dinner at 7pm but each time I moved to try and get out of bed I was throwing up with the bile stuff. My eyes were streaming with tears I wasn't crying but I think some of you may have experienced it. Poor D-M this is supposed to be a very happy exiting time for her and I am making her so sad with this cancer crap! She had to keep going off for a little weep with James to cuddle her. Poor Ian did not get much of a change he had to stay with me I did say I would be o.k. but bless he would not leave me, for fear something awful would happen.
Went to have bloods done yesterday after D-M and James set off home.
'Brian came to find me and said what happened to your scan I said I thought Dr had forgotten to book one but I had an appointment with him tomorrow. He has booked scan for this week and I had a good 15 minutes with him. Looks like vinerolbine may not be working for me but he wil reserve judgment until scan has been done. He said I was pretty poorly. Is that better than ugly poorly?

All my bloods have crashed so no more treatment my onc came in and said I could have pamidronate but I needed fluids urgently and blood transfusion. Ian left me and was told to pick me up from the despatch ward at 9.30p.m. No room on lady bay so had to go in with the chaps.
They were a miserable bunch. They have cancer you know?
Very kind sister moved me after a couple of hours, one of my chemo friends arrived she had only just gone home and had to return with high temp. It was like musical beds poor staff never stopped I have the utmost respect for them.

Well I am home and in bed and feel really ill still not poo'd.
Think my dancing girls need to 'Keep Dancing'

Really do hope you are all doing well, the weather here is lovely just sent Ian to M and S for PJs and socks my feet in hospital yesterday were freezing.

Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs,
Haven't been on line for a while,been busy being scared about bloods, having CT scan, and then chemo. All Ok no progression since June, so am very happy.
I was on tablet vinorelbine up until it failed in June ( now on carboplatin/capcitebine) and used to have griping pains, but constipation not too bad.
On current chemo do have probs with constipation. Managed it quite well this time, am quite proud of myself. Took 2 mivicol every night from 2 days before chemo, suplemented with senacot on day 3 and 4 and achieved result on day 5!
only trouble is I now think I have a urine infection, and don't want to have any more antibiotics as I only finished some for infection in vein in my arm last week.
When I have antibiotics I end up having faecal incontenance, which is not fun.
What my husband calls the ying and yang of chemo.
But I have to be grateful I don't feel too bad most of the time.
Don't expect this information on poo procedure much use to you, but it just might be.
We're meeting up in Bristol again on October 30th, and would love to see you if you are well enough to attend.
Marmite x

Guest user
Not applicable

....I think i might be really dim - still don't get it - but sorry to hear you are still feeeling tired.

Have a great weekend with the family Debs

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,
sorry I have been so quiet but all i do is sleep! How you can sleep 10hrs wake for maybe 2 then sleep 2 is beyond me. Yesterday I went to our local Dr's I have only been there a few times since my secondary diagnose as I seem to spend so much time at the hospital. My Dr rings up checking how I am and has made me promise to involve them more.
I felt like I may have an infection still with these crampy pains so I took a sample I said I think it is 2 stars protein and it was had an examination tummy nice and soft and he said he could hear my bowels rumbling. So we got on my bowels topic something until recently I would never ever discuss. Why do women find it hard to discuss? Why are Dr's so young? (I was looking at young handsome Dr thinking he would be perfect for my eldest daughter.) The moment was ruined by bowels chat.
Anyway it has been ages since my last poo so I am back on all the remedies that aren't. Feels so full can hardly get all the anti sickness steroids pain killers.
I talked about my problem with young Dr. who had no idea what it is nor has 'Brian' my onc. the only person that has been a witness is Ian and the last time he said he didn't need or want to witness the 'problem' Think I have scared him to death!

Anyway on a much happier note Donna-Marie and James are coming for the weekend so I will get to hug my baby and her 'babyBean'
the weather is really good and most of the holiday makers are back home so St Ives is less crowded so less germs(I hope).

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love Debsxxx

Feemac

....I was thinking that but didn't like to say anything!!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

...the suspense is killing me - is it 'bummygate'?