cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deterioration of this disease

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Deterioration of this disease

Hi Debs, im just back from Lanzarote and its great to see you posting again, you were in my thoughts on holiday.

I made sure I appreciated every moment of the holiday as earlier this year I never thought I would have got the chance again!!!!

Sending you, Ian and you family lots of love, hope your daughter is keeping well too

love

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs,

Coming late to this thread. I can't offer anything other than to say I send you loads of love and hugs X

scottishlass

Hi Kirsty, I too have secondaries and like Belinda I have been on Xeloda for bone mets. I have just finished an 8 month course. (This is the second time I have been on Xeloda and then I had a break from it for 2 years). If you have any questions about the treatment as you go along please ask us "old timers". I was 39 with 2 children when I was first diagnosed with BC and that was 20 years ago. I have been having treatment for bone mets for the past 10 years. If I can be of any help please ask. This site is fairly new to me too and I have found the support very helpful. I am pleased to say that I am feeling really well again. I hope it works as well for you as it has done for Belinda and me. Love Val

belinda

Thinking of you..and Ian..Debs. Hope tomorrow is a better day..x
And Hi Kirsty, Good Luck with Xeloda, I've been on this chemo since Spring 2008, I have bone mets, it's worked really well. I know others with other types of secondaries who have had really good results with Xeloda..for many years in some instances.
Love Belinda..x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've just joined the post and haven't actually read all 55 pages but the ones I have are reassuring. Debs, I don't know you but it sounds like you're going thru' it all. I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in September this year - have only done 9 weeks on taxol and my second CT scan found it held most but not all the disease at bay but it is spreading again so they've changed me to xeloda. Spent the last three days feeling really sick and hoping it will all settle down so I can stay on this drug for a little while longer if it works. I get the feeling I am not long for this world even tho' I am trying to be positive and hoping this works. I am only 39 years old and have two kids to look after and am finding I can do less and less for them then feel like a wimp for not just getting on with it.

Take care all,

K

Guest user
Not applicable

Soz Debs - I havn't been on too much recently - family stuff. This sounds awful, but at least it does sound like some recovery. I do hope that the next one works - cos that will only help you feel much better.

I think you guys are wonderful - I'm not entirely sure that my husband would want to be involved to that kind of detail - but maybe i underestimate him. You are both a testament to us all, of how supportive a couple should be, - going through this together, when so often we read on here of how it blows couples apart.

We shall see you soon.

much love

Eliza

Do hope that tomorrow's isn't necessary, Debs.

Love,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Lenny
Love Debsxxx

Lenny

ohhhhhh so not fair! hope the one tomorrow is not necesary. praying a comfortable night for you......

love

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

2 more enimas and a small result. Dr has just ra
ng and they will do another tomorrow if needed. The pain was unbelievable as if I dont have enough to put up with. I have had 3 movicols so you can all guess the type of day we are having.
Love Debsxxx

Lenny

hi debs,

just been catching up on your news... 2 enemas!! hope you are more comfortable and stay that way. i'm jealous of the fish and chips can't remember the last time i had some good ones, around here there are none of any worth.

love and prayers are always going your way and ian's,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Debs - you just know how to have a good time, eh? Not just one - but two enemas.. just hope you feel more comfortable - you deserve it.

Great to see you posting - there's loads of us here thinking about you and your family - if there was ANYTHING any of us could do for you - we so would. Fish and chips, fresh sheets, new shoes - just name it, honey - we'd be there!

Love
Lizzie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs - dont know how you keep the humour up - but i am full of admiration ! thinking of you - keep going gal! much love jayne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry you have been so unwell lately, you responded to my posts a few months ago. Just wanted to say I admire your courage and no matter what never give up .... Best wishes

Jackie X

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks everyone,
well yesterday although a painful experience 2 emimas and lots of pile cream it was like giving birth.
Ian assisted the nurse and at one point it was like Paul Daniels and Debbie Magee performing a magic trick.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey matey,

Good to hear you are movin on up with the movicol! Sounds very disco. Glad to hear things are improving for both of you.

Take care and talk soon x

brightlight28

Debs,

You have no idea the message of hope you provide through your postings. So glad that you are now feeling a bit better. Hope the enima kit works and that you enjoyed the fish and chips

Victoria xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs, so glad things are looking and feeling more positive. Small steps love.....

Helenxx

AnneS

So good to see you poasting more Debs and that things have got a little better for you. My internet has been down for a week so haven't been on and been worrying about you so gald to hear your humour coming back. You are amazing you know!! Anyway really hoping to be back online at home by the end of the week but thinking of you very much. Lots of love and cyber hugs.Anne xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Bush tucker trial in Carbis Bay.
The Dr has just left and she is sending district nurse with enima kit. Ian has been feeding me movicol over the weekend and I had one this morning but it felt like it was coming back up.
So with luck I will feel a bit of relief.
Love Debsxxx

belinda

Hi Debs and Ian, ah the best fish and chips I ever tasted were from a little chippy in Padstow.
Lots of Love, Belinda..xx

scottishlass

Good morning Debs, I too have been following this thread and love to hear that you are improving even if it feels slow. One step at a time but you ARE getting there. It is so good to see you posting again. I am off mu chemo and I feel so much like myself again. I am going to a family wedding today and am having visitors overnight. It has been a long haul this summer but the chemo has done its job and for that I am grateful. I hope you continue to improve everyday. There are so many people rooting for you. Thank you Ian for looking after "our" Debs. Love Val XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Debs
follow your postings because I so admire your spirit. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and its great to hear about improvements that make your life a bit better. clean sheets and fish and chips - bloody fantastic!
wishing you well, always
monica xxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Debs
You are amazing 🙂 Fish and chips - how lovely, and how jealous am I? I can smell them now! Keep up the good progress. Hope you and Ian have a good weekend and he's not too busy washing and ironing his precious sheets LOL
Nicky xx

jaxw

Dear Debs,
You are such an inspiration. Keep up with the fish and chips. You need evrything good in life and I am sure that is much better than medicine (and much tastier!)
I am suffering with quite a bit of nausea, and for the first time in many years have lost weight, but one of the few things I can eat, and that helps my stomach is chocolate!! My OH is keeping me well supplied. I think the old adage 'A little of what you fancy....' is so true.
Love and prayers,
Jax

horace

Hope you enjoyed the fish and chips,not to mention the fresh bed and the freedom of getting on to the commode.Well done debs-keep up the good work.
Love and prayers,valxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Today I mastered the art of shuffling from bed to comode it was so hard but I managed it!
Plus Ian has just changed the bedding with me thrashing about like a beached whale but we did it.
He has gone to our local chippy for fish and chips so all in all a very good day.
Sending you all lots of love and thanks for the prayers.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Debs

Hope you are having a good day.

Linda
x

crispy

Hi Debs

Lovely to see you posting again.

Still in my prayers.

Lv Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

Debs, really pleased to hear that you are feeling better, and if Ian is better for you to look at as well - bonus!!
Lizzie xx

Eliza

So good to hear that you are feeling a little better, Debs.

Love to you and Ian,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs! great to hear things are getting a bit better- just prop yourself in bed and put on the best shoes so you can look at your glam feet....

Diane - its sometimes hard to smile.....but you sound like a great, comforting mum, dont give yourself a hard time - i have days when i cant smile ....probably everyone on this forum does......jaynex

Guest user
Not applicable

Great to see you back Debs. We can tell by the improvement in your typing that you're feeling much more you.

Jan xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Great to see you are posting again Debs and sounding so much better. Your great sense of humour has returned again - something it must have been a struggle to preserve a couple of weeks ago. Long may you and Ian continue to look great.
Nicky x

magsi

Bet you still look as glamorous as ever.

Guest user
Not applicable

Each day I have felt a little better the Dr has just popped in and she said I look better. I have not looked in a mirror for weeks, I can tell I look better because Ian does!
Love Debsxxx

magsi

Debs
Its SO good to see you posting again.
loads of love
P&B xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

So nice to see you post, Debs. Glad you are impressed by treatment you're getting and so pleased to hear your bloods are good. Let's keep all those lurgies at bay. Hope the physio can help with some strengthening.
Take care
love
xxx

belinda

Hello Debs, it's good to hear you are being well looked after by everyone. Great news about your bloods too..hope the physio helps..if you haven't been given one I recommend those grab stick aids (look like litter picker uppers) they are really useful for picking up things off the floor. I was given one while I was still recovering from my hip replacement. It was also a helpful aid at getting undies on and off at the time.
Take Care..both of you..x.x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi debs, nice to see your post. that is at least an improvement on last week, when you couldnt even do that, keep up the good work, you can do it!x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just to let you all know today a nurse came to the house and gave me pamidronate at home I asked for it last week so nurse came and did bloods which were good so today another nurse came and gave infusion. Yesterday we had a comode delivered but I could not swing my legs and stand up but I have been put down for physio. I am really impressed with my treatment.
Hope everyone is o.k.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Your right it is hard on our loved ones, my hubby Eddie has been off for a month now watching the kids and looking after me. I feel guilty about the kids as well, thry are only 10 and 7 and although they really enjoyed their holiday they have been going a bit stir crazy since we got back as I have really been confined to the house - with a trip out to give blood on a Thursday morning and chemo and a Friday.

However they do make me get a grip and try and make an effort sometimes but it's really hard when you feel so horrid. My oldest daughter Eve asked me why I didn't laugh anymore the other day, that certainly makes me feel like getting my act together but it's not easy.

Anyway we just have keep fighting on and get through every hurdle as it comes along and hope for better days in the future but sometimes it hard!

Keep recovering Debs

Diane

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Diane,
I cannot remember how long I have been on the steroids but it was incredible how my legs just went from under me!
Although I am in bed all day every day I am getting into a routine this is how you imagine life in your 80s and not in your 50s I am only on 1 steroid a day but it knocks me out.
Sending you love and hope we can all begin to feel a bit better soon.
This is so hard on our loved ones.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs

I'm glad your feeling a little bit better, a least you are now moving in the right direction now. You really are an inspiration. To be honest I haven't been on for a while as I haven't been very well myself for the past 6 weeks. I went on my holiday and had a fantastic time but haven't felt well since I came home, liver functions have been all over the place, my appetite went completely and had the swine flu so not sure if the holiday was worth it on the long run.

They have decided that because I have been on steriods for so long that I need them to have an appetite so it's back up in the middle of the night for me! However I am feeling a bit better now, although my legs are so weak now I am stuggling to get upstairs.

That's the one reason the other reason was that I was really worried about you and kind of wimped out of facing what was really going on. I thought and prayed for you but couldn't stand the fact that you may not be getting better. I'm really really glad you are and really hope you have a quick recovery, you are a real fighter.

Love

Diane
x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi debs

your one strong cookie, well done for not giving up, you must have felt so low at times. great that you can post again, and at least keep in touch with people who can understand what your going through.

sometimes its easier to share things on here, than anywhere else, and with everyones prayers who knows what youll be up to next week!
many blessings x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sunnybear
just want to send my best wishes to your mum this is such a tough disease to deal with but each day is a bonus so please we get those extra days and feel improvement.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs,

I haven't posted, or even been on here for a long time and you were the first person I looked out for when I came back today. You were so kind and supportive to me when my Mum was diagnosed with secondaries exactly 12 months ago this week. I think you are absolutely fantastic and I am so pleased to see you still here and posting, although so sorry to hear you are not in such good health as you were when I was last here. My Mum was doing so well with 70% reduction in her tumors in brain, lungs and knee back in July, but unfortunately since stopping chemo she has suddenly deteriorated very quickly. She too finds it hard to get up in the morning and so much effort just moving around,she sits in her chair most of the day just watching the world go by. It is extremely hard for those of us close to you to see and feel so helpless but can't be anything like as horrible and frustrating as it is for you.

I hope you will start to feel better and stronger each day and soon be able to make it to the garden! Remember how amazing you are to have got this far.

Much love and encouragement to keep fighting,

Sunnybear Xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs, So glad you are starting to feel better. love and hugs to you. nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

Great to see your post, we've missed you. Hope and pray you continue to improve each day (hey that rhymns!). Look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Linda
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs,
Great to hear from you and know you are feeling a lot like yourself,
we will keep praying for you lots of love.
Reneexx