Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed 29th - Hello Ladies.

764 REPLIES 764
Highlighted

Re: Diagnosed 29th - Hello Ladies.

Hi all,

Not sure if this will bump up the thread or not. Just to say hello really and to see if all the old gang are doing ok and all the ladies from late last year too.
I had my bone scan and one year mammo results and all is clear. The cysts seem to be hanging around in the none BC breast but not complaining as it was them that alerted them to the BC.
Love and luck to all and lovely to put faces to names.
Shonagh x

Highlighted

Dear Narnia,
thank you, yes the smile is in place, but that might just be the opiates! I am 1 week after the lumpectomy and lymph node removal (he called it my "fatty pad") so I am sore, but the drugs are excellent, and so far so good. I have a haemotoma in the breast, so went back in for observation for 48 hours, and my right side looked like an over-inflated football, and the colours are pretty impressive too. They told me this is a surgical complication, does happen but nothing to worry about. My right armpit is also as tight as drum and sore, but again the drugs are great!. So so far so good.

Highlighted

Heidib, GOOD LUCK!!! and what a lovely hubby.......he's quite right too, this time next week your recovery will have started.Aren't they lovely when they say things like that??Mine told me to accept that I'm going to have a s***ty year, with all the ops, treatment etc, but that this time next year, I will be well again.he's right too, so, good luck to both of us Statistics are something I'm trying to stay away from, but it's hard, when we want all the information there is about this wretched thing, so we know how to face it,,,,,,,,,,,,and beat the b'stard into submission! All i can say is that for every statistic which looks gloomy, there seems to be another, more hopeful one.So chin up, smile firmly fixed in place and go for it! YAY to long term...........................my surgeon told me i have a 70/80% chance of still being here in 10 years time, good enough for me today, it gives them a chance to find other things to get this sorted, if necessaryxx

Highlighted

Happy New Year and thank you for the singalong.. it put a smile on my face.
I am off to hospital in the few hours, so I am looking forward to starting the process of getting better. I have tried to stay away from the information websites a little bit, afraid to read any statistics .... then there I was, watching mindless TV (West Wing) and out of the blue someone just blurts it out. How many women get it and so on. So as my plan to hide my head in the sand didn't work, I am back on the computer. My husband and I were watching our usual round of mindless Saturday night TV when he turned round and said "this time next week your recovery will have started" It is a little bit scary. I got all the test results on Dec23rd and the Dr said now they had found the primary tumour (5mm) in the right breast he only wanted to take that, rather than the whole kit and kaboodle, he said that would be better for me "in the long term" which in itself made me feel better as he was talking about long term.
Now my treatment is about to start do I move down the discussion board groups ?....
wish me luck

Highlighted

One, two, three ........ "You'll Never Walk Alone .........."

Highlighted

taa daaaaaaaa!!! we can form a duo then........:)

Highlighted

Oh Narnia, you copycat you, you've just been given the same new diagnosis as me. I too now have to have chemo, then rest of lymph nodes removed (the 5 they removed during mastectomy were all cancerous), then radiotherapy. Can't have my moment of glory alone can I?! lol xxx

Highlighted

heidi, sometimes, it just IS......................................i don't know if stress causes it,possibly it does, i had an extremely stressful 2005 (dad terminally ill and i was a prime carer for him, then became very ill myself and was in hospital for several weeks, and they tell me i have probably had my cancer for several years, so who knows?).but, you will cope with this, because, like the rest of us, you just have to.You WILL get through this time.I was petrified when i was first diagnosed, and they told me i must have a mastectomy, but i then was offered the chance of a WLE instead, which has worked well, though i have lost my nipple and areola.Sadly, i have just been told that the cancer has spread to my lymph nodes, so i must have chemo and radio therapies, plus the rest of my lymph nodes need to go in another operation.I think really the thing is not to beat yourself up over what HAS happened, but to get through each day as it comes.And people on here are superbly knowledgeable, they will all help you through this.So any questions, just ask.......someone will be along with an answer very quickly.I wish you well with your treatment.Congratulations on feeding your little one for so long, you've given her a wonderful start, but now is the time to concentrate on you.xx

Highlighted

Dear everyone
thank you for your words of support. I have had lots of tests this week and I am still in a tiz. I have had a CT scan, a bone scan both of which were clear. I also had a second mammogram & ultra sound. They couldn't see anything on the mammogram. After much hunting around the doctor found a 5mm something but she said it was really hard to find. She took 4 stabs at getting a biopsi of the breast lump but because it was so small it kept pushing to the side. We got a phone call today and they said the bone scan was clear, the CT of the lungs and liver were clear. There was a thickening of the stomach and "something" on the thyroid. Both of which they don't think suggests anything sinister but I will have a follow up on both of those.

The biopsi results will be a little longer but I have been told that I will be going in on Jan 1st and having my right breast removed along with the armpit lumps on Jan 2nd.

It's only been 11 days since I found the lump. At what point do you get your head around this? I guess it is a good sign that things are moving so quickly. I am so scared of dying, my children are nearly 3 and nearly 2. I found a mole today, and I am paranoid, every twinge scares me. It's like I can't think about positive things incase I jinx it. Assuming everything will be OK will tempt fate. I wonder what I did wrong and my husband says nothing: it just is and we will deal with it, but I know he is scared too.

I had to stop breast feeding. The doctors said that the MRI would not show anything useful if I was still breast feeding. So it has been 2 days now since I stopped. I was going to feed her until she was 2, and she is 10 weeks away, so I am proud that I got her this far. I know I would have stopped in March anyway, but it is just another thing to deal with. She is screaming for mummy and won't settle.

Does anyone know whether stress causes cancer? I have heard that it does, and something extremely stressful happened at the beginning of October, could that have been the trigger?

Highlighted

Hi Heidi, Sorry you had to join us, but the support here is fantastic. Have you had a look at the younger women's forum? there might be ladies there who have dealt with the breast feeding issue. The worst bit is the first bit; once you get your head round it all then it is more do-able.

Shonagh, Ruby and Dilys and everyone else- Merry Christmas and a healthier 2009. My holiday was fab and I have three weeks off over Christmas, glad your scan was Ok Shonagh, I dont think I will ever stop worrying about it coming back. I have a very high ferritin level and the moment and am awaiting tests for blood disease and liver imflammation (lovely!) so it rumbles on.

Take care all

Love, Louise

Highlighted

Heidi,
I'm really sorry to hear your news but please know there are lots of us here to talk to and ask questions, or just to chat and know someone is here with you. Yes the tests are normal before treatement begins and hopefully will put your mind at rest. Yes you do learn to cope after the initial feelings have subsided and you begin your treatement then you have something to focus on. I have had 7 lots of chemo and now am awaiting op on 2 Jan. It is a very scary time but this site is invaluable. I am sure there will be some ladies who will be on here soon who are/have been in a similar situation to you (re breast feeding) and will be glad to help you. Again, dont hesitate to ring the bcc no. above with any queries/problems whatsoever and am sure they will be very helpful to you, dont sit and worry on your own, you dont have to.

bye for now
hugs
Chris x

Highlighted

Hi heidib

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care forums. I am sure you will get lots of help and advice from the many informed users of this site.

You may find BCC's resource pack helpful, it has been designed for those newly diagnosed. The pack is free of charge as are all our publications. If you would like a copy just follow the link below:
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

If you feel you need to talk to someone in confidence then please give the helpline a call, the staff here are all either breast care nurses or people who have personal experience of breast care issues. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 the lines open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Highlighted

DIAGNOSED DEC 16 2008.
Hello, I don't really know where to start, I was diagnosed yesterday and am terrified. Reading through these pages I want to know how you ladies get through this?
I have been awake since 0200, it is now 0630 and I don't know where to start, where to focus. I am so scared. I had a lump which was biopsied and they have found cells that indicate breast cancer. I have had a mammogram and ultrasound that is clear, then yesterday a CT scan to check liver and lungs. They want to do an MRI of the breasts too. See if that shows something that the mammogram and ultrasound missed. The doctor said that because I am still breast feeding it may be harder to do a thorough exam, so I will now stop breast feeding. We are terrified, my poor old husband and I. I have been told that early in the new year I will have a mastectomy and chemo and radiation treatment, but first they need to check if everything else is clear.
I will have a bone scan. Is this round of tests normal? does everyone get the complete work through or is it just because they didn't find anything in my breast? Is it normal to have a lump in the armpit but not in the breast?
I am terrified. I am now hoping it "is only breast cancer". How do you ladies get through the day? do you learn to cope? do you ever stop being scared?

Highlighted

Hi all,

I've not been on for a while but just wanted to wish everyone well for Christmas and the coming New Year. Its the anniversary of my FNA and mammogram tomorrow so you are all on my mind.
Hope you are all well and getting on with things. The bone scan was fine so thats another thing I can tick off. Got my one year mammogram 2nd Feb. YIKES!!!!
Louise ...hope the hols were great
Ruby...wishing you a lovely christmas and hope the herceptin is still going well.
Dylis...hows the job hunting going or have you now rejoined the 9 to 5vers?
To all you other ladies who helped me make it through the last year a huge big THANKYOU, I couldnt have done it without you.
No news really just jugging along, I was a lot more organised this year with Christmas cards and stuff after last years disaster, if this has taught me one thing its not to put things off. Finally finished decorating our bedroom and had the carpet fitted today so what was my sick room is now all gone, very boutique chic!!!
Love and luck to you all as always. S x

Highlighted

Highlighted

Dear Shonagh, Louise and all

I must have missed your last post Shonagh - really sorry about that but hope all ok with you and hope scan was ok. I know that I've had loads of little niggles and sore spots/areas and each one is a worry in fact a huge worry.

Louise - lovely to hear about your holiday - I haven't been allowed to go abroad due to my low white blood count but hey let's hope that after Herceptin finishes I'll be off and away. In fact, I am going skiing in March.

Hope everybody is ok

love'n'stuff

Ruby xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Shonagh how did you get on? Hope all well. I have had a fab holiday in Malta, 24 degrees, bit of a shock to arrive at Manchester airport and it was 4 degrees!

Ruby wow nearly at the end of Herceptin, that's fantastic. Hope you got on Ok at onc.

Love to all

Louise x

Highlighted

Hi Ruby,

Lovely to hear from you and glad to hear you are nearing the end of the herceptin and thanks for the good wishes. Its always nice to hear from you. I think I am having the full scan from what the "Nuclear Medicine" Lady said. I cant believe how calm I am so am taking it as a good sign that my body knows its nothing to worry about, Its a very definate tender spot on the bottom rib where the cartilage meets the bone and one on my sternum where one of my rads tatoos is. My consultant thinks its probably rads damage but just because of the elbow pain and to be on the safe side and as I havent had any scans in the past thought it would be a good idea so I thought "well I've nothing planned for Friday after work so what the hey!!!"
I'm not complaining especially when I hear of other people fighting for tests etc. Once again the team I see have come up trumps and the only waiting will be the results about 2 weeks. Hoping to make an appointment for 10th November so it doesnt impact on my shifts, trying to keep a minimum of time off work and the scan is the first time since April when I have had to take time off.
Ruby Hope your onc appointment goes well I will be thinking of you on Friday, hope I dont fall asleep on the scan bed, I'm bound to snore lying on my back. Thanks again for the words of encouragement it means so much.
Be kind to yourself. Love Shonagh x

Highlighted

Hi there ladies

It's been a while since I posted on this thread.
Shonagh just wanted to say really sorry to hear you're playing the waiting game again. Actually I have a similar complaint - discomfort around lower rib area - feeling a little bit like a pulling feeling - maybe I've pulled a muscle at least that's what I'm hoping! a bone scan is easy though - basically you are injected with some radioactive stuff and then go back 3 hours later to lie on a table and an scanner starts at your feet and works it's way up your body until it reaches your head and then it stops. Not sure if you are having a full body scan or just part though in which case it'll be quicker. Thinking of you. I've got my appoint with oncologist next week and my penultimate Herceptin on Friday!

Hope every body else is ok.

Lots of love
Ruby xxx

Highlighted

Hi Louise,

Now why cant you be my Consultant, thats exactly what I wanted him to say to me...I dont know...Men they just dont get the way our minds work. I am ok (honestly!!) not even lost any sleep over it. I cant believe how quickly I have been booked in. I had my appointment on Monday at 3.30pm and got the phone call for the scan the next day at 11.30am and they said I could have had it today..have opted for Friday...needed to get up the courage for the dirty big needle full of nuclear waste!!! LOL. Wouldnt you love a job that lets you answer the phone "Nuclear Medicine" in an incredibly chirpy voice all day. It made me laugh out loud when the lady said it. Dont know why, it just appealed to the warped sense of humour that I seem to have these days.
It is exactly in those two places but also have a totally random pain in my left arm elbow(lump on the right) so am convinced its the rads and old age.
Thanks for replying its so nice to hear from one of the gang when I needed it most, sometimes I feel like my cyber pals know more about my state of mind than my oldest friends these days. In fact I havent even bothered mentioning it to them.
Well must dash, got to go and turn over the wormery and put some recycling into the super shed!!
Shonagh x

Highlighted

Hi Shonagh

Glad you had such a good hol. I am glad they are sending you for a scan just to be on the safe side but when I went to see my onc last week, I was lying on the table (as you do) and he said there are two places where you are likely to feel pain for perhaps a few years on and off from the rads, and he pointed to my breast bone, at the inside of my affected breast and my lower ribs on that affected side. So hopefully that is what it is.

Louise x

Highlighted

Hi there all,

I havent been on much these days and have popped in today to check out what a bone scan involves!!!! In I skipped to a check up with the consultant and mentioned some tendernes and pain I am getting on my lowest rib and another area on my breast bone, said I presumed it was to do with rads? in a hopeful tone of voice. The consultant (lovely man and always looks so sorry to be giving bad news) went out had a word with the oncologist (oh yes I had a double appointment today!!!) came back in and said they want me to go for a bone scan!!!! I'm sure it will be fine but I am now officially playing the waiting game again. Boo Hiss!%$£"%. Feel quite calm. Must be the lack of oestrogen LOL!!!

Well enough of that, I had a great time in Italy, fab weather, food, wine, people, apartment etc etc..

Louise: Great to hear you are back at uni, I remeber how upset you were when you had to stop so you go girl and congrats too on the hair. Hope you have a great holiday you deserve it.

Well ladies I hope all the rest of you are doing well, Everything is going well here, I have finally got something from the docs that seems to work with the hot flushes from the zoladex so at long last I am sleeping. I cant believe how a simple thing like a good nights sleep makes the day a whole lot better.

For all those who I have your e mail addresses I must apologise for not writing personally and I promise I will get my backside into gear and get in touch (you muskateers know who you are) I think about you all every day and wonder how people are getting on. Its quite scarey how quickly a thread can go to the bottom of the pile but great to see girls(and boys) who need support getting it in such droves.

As ever you are all an inspiration to me when I need it most. Love to all and be kind to yourselves. Shonagh xx

Highlighted

Hi Girls

How are you all? Hope you had fab hols Shonagh and Dilys. Just 3 weeks to go till mine WHOOPEE. Like you, Shonagh, it has been my beacon shining at the end of treatment. I have got a nice little crop of hair now and just started back at Uni one day a week as well as work.

Take care all

Louise x

Highlighted

Hi Ladies, I hope you are all getting on ok. On the final leg now- rads start This Thursday then end ! I hope anyway.

Have a nice holiday Shonaugh

Rachy

Highlighted

Hi Shonaugh

Sorry for not getting in touch, hope you have a fabulous holiday and will get in touch when you get back

From a Muskateer LOL!!!!

Highlighted

Hi Shonagh

How lovely to hear from you. Enjoy Italy my love and have a great time. We are off week after next to Corfu. Minding the rads!!!! Louise will be away at the same time.

Much love and thanks for getting in touch.

Dilys
xxxx

Highlighted

Hi all just a quick one between packing and ironing.

Hope everyone is well and getting over chemo and rads now,

I am finally off to Italy tomorrow. It was my target when I got DX to go on this holiday come what may and hereit is already.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love to all, I pop in here so little now but always have a scout round for you all. Oh andmy friends baby news was a little girl, Neve Elizabeth. She is lovely...but thats an understatement.

Shonagh xxx

Highlighted

Glad all is progressing well Dilys. Many congrats on your newborn cousin, what lovely news! You will be really looking forward to your holiday. We go to Malta at the end of October so that is a beacon shining down the tunnel of radiotherapy for me. I am sure your CV is fine, you just had to take some time out in the last year or so, just think how many people have donkeys years at home if they have small children etc.....Good luck anyway

Love Louise x

Highlighted

Hi Louise

Lovely to hear from you and those rads will race past. I am fine. Just spent the day with my sister in law, step daughter and two grand children. Just wonderful. And came home to the news that I have a new baby cousin - welcome to Thomas Edward!.. Am still working at going back to work. Serious stuff this cv writing. I am back on parade this next Wednesday to get my weedy cv looked at.

Otherwise all is well. Looking forward to Corfu in September and then I MUST bring in some money!!!!!

Much love to all

Dilys
xxxx

Highlighted

Hi BC babes!

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely sunshine (I say lovely but I am not one who likes the heat myself)

Did you have a good birthday Ruby? Glad you had such a fab celebration, Shona, sounds great. I am sure when I go back to work properly I will find it tiring too. I expect your garden is really lovely now. How are you, Dilys? Any plans or having a bit of a break over the summer? Rachy good luck for LAST chemo tomorrow...hooray. Hope Maddy is Ok too.

I am halfway through rads, we get it in 15 doses up here, I presume higher doses then? So......just got 7 rads to go, I finish on 6th August, which is my birthday, what a gift to finally finish! Boob Ok so far, touch wood, but the worst time still to come. The end is in sight! I am still working at home, as much of my work can be done here but it is such a pain going to the hospital each day, it takes nearly 4 hours out of the day including travel.

Love to all

Louise xx

Highlighted

Hello everyone, I always forget which thread I have posted on. I don't feel newly diagnosed any more as seems so long ago in February. The xeloda was going ok until this 3rd cycle. The onc increased the dose due to a bit of weight gain !! I now have horrible lizard tongue - have corsydl to help it. Blood to be retested on Thursday as white cells may be low hence lizard tongue. I have the last chemo due on 28th July- hope it doesn't get postponed. I am so nearly there now. happy birthday Ruby for tomorrow.

Love to everyone on this thread.

Rach xxx

Highlighted

Hi Shonagh and other ladies

Everything is going really well work wise and I'm really loving it - it's the perfect job for me. Sorry to hear about your flushes - I have vague memories of them now thankfully and my periods came back in April and are regular which is a good sign. Got an appointment with fertility specialist on Friday so will probably find out a little more about my fertile state.

It's my birthday tomorrow so am celebrating all week as this time last year was literally a nightmare as I was just about to start chemotherapy - what a contrast.

Love to you all

Ruby xxx

Highlighted

Hi there ladies,

Just a quick hello before work, I havent been on line for ages and have just had to slog my way through a load of e mails too.
London was great, we had really good weather and I walked my legs down to the bone...nearly...but not quite. Did get a few blisters and would just like to recommend Compeed Blister plasters to everyone.

It just goes to show we are all moving on with things when after only 6 days of not posting our thread moved to the bottom of page two but I am hoping thats a positive thing although it does make me sad to see how may new girls there are in just 6 months and as Sunbeam and some others have read the whole thread and got some comfort from our rants, raves, tears, good news, babies etc I thought I would just pop in and say hello to all.

Maddy..well done you for the topless sunbathing, I never had the courage to do it before (nipple issues although now a silver lining to the grey cloud as I lost some in the surgery I quite like the naughty boob now as it seems to be 10 years younger than the left one).
Louise....I know you were starting your rads in July...hope its going well and the lack of sun ismaking it a bit more bearable. My main aim in life is to keep cool these days. The zoladex is realy kicking in now and the tropical moments are pretty regular. Congratulations on the new arrival. My friends had their baby on the 24th June..a little girl...Neve Elizabeth. We went to see her last week. She is perfect, but arent they all.
Dilys...Hi there, hope the world is being good toyou and your crop of hair is coming along. How did your appointment go about getting back to work or are you now the MD of a multinational company now!!! LOL!!
Julie...great to hear from you and really please your hair has come back now too. You and Louise were always an inspiration to me working through chemo so hope your mojo is still coming back. I have been full time now for 2 months, I'm not sure if its the shift patterns I work but I seem to be very tired a lot of the time but I suppose the 4am hot flush isnt helping.
Pam, Sunbeam, good luck ladies sorry we had to meet like this and glad we have helped in a small way.
Ruby...Well done for getting back to work. Hope everything is well. Its the thought of getting back thats the worse isnt it once you are back in the saddle its same old same old.

Well thats all for now. I am counting the days to my next holiday in September (Dilys arent you off to France again then?) I have a load of e mails to send but will have to do them tomorrow now.
Love to all, be kind to yourself girls.. Shonagh xx

Highlighted

HI p4d

Like you I'm a 'new kid on the block' too. I was diagnosed with BC in May. I had a WLE, sentinel node biopsy and lumpectomy a week and a half ago. The women on the web site have been fantastic. They all give out the message of hope and positivity. I too shall be taking that journey like you so you're not alone.
Would love to hear from you

Sunbeam xxx

Highlighted

Hi ladies - back after four weeks in Spain to find both good news and bad on this thread.

I am sorry to hear that Lisa had died - suppose it happens to us all at some time but I'm quite sure none of us are quite ready to give up yet!!!!

Louise -
a grandma again - how lucky are you? Jenson is a great name - do I assume that the family follow Formula One? Good Luck for your first rads on the 16th.

Dilys -
what a relief that someone has finally managed to contact Dyzee - we were all so concerned. I'm sure that all our positive thoughts are winging her way now to help her recover. Hope your first few days at work have gone successfully - I'm sure you have found it a challenge to get back into the routine (and tiring!)

Shonagh -
Happy Belated Birthday - 40 - wow - I remember that (just!) - I had a day at the local karting track with loads of friends and also a balloon flight over Leicester - think I'd have preferred a trip to see Chicago!!!!! (joking!) I saw it many years ago in Leicester and met the cast afterwards - those lovely McGann brothers (that shows how long ago it was!!!)

Haven't seen Ben (hoping to visit on Friday) yet but we've been told he's sitting up, has two teeth and can roll over by himself - he also loves being in the walker we bought before we went on holiday although he tends to go backwards at the moment!

Going topless on holiday wasn't a big deal - both breasts have a nice brown tan - I was a little cautious to begin with due to the rads 'damage' and used a high factor sun tan lotion to begin with but it wasn't a problem - I soon reverted to type. I was also careful how I lay to avoid pulling the scar - thankfully I didn't catch anyone giving me sideways glances! They may have been looking at the additional weight I put on over the holiday - half a stone!!!!! - can't understand why because we've been cycling, walking and eating more healthily (ok - we did drink rather more than normal - but Chris has lost weight!!!!) I'm sure it must be the Tamoxifen finally getting it's revenge - still getting the hot flushes ! GGGGRRRRRRRRRR! Must try standing up and walking on the spot when I'm on the computer to up my exercise regime!

Lots of love to all of you "Dyzee's BC Babes"

Maddy xxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Girls,
thought Id pop in to say hello.
So shocked at hearing about Lisa dying, I havent been on site for weeks - bless her Mum and Simon they were/are rocks.

Like you D my hair is growing back , yep grey and so thick , I like it short but curious to grow it to see if it curls! Think GI Jane- then you have the picture.
Great to hear that Dyzee has benn in contact, send her my love I hope she picks up soon.
Im working 4 days full time a week now, its hard going sometimes , but Im feeling that my mojo is returning at last.
-Shonagh happy belated 40, chicago is fantastic isnt it, glad you had a good time in london.
-Louise,Maddy , Rachy hello to you all too.
Take care all,
Julie xxxx

Highlighted

Hi all you lovely ladies

I have spent the last half an hour reading through your messages to each other and from one who has recently been diagnosed, had a mastectomy and full node removal 2 weeks ago, and still waiting to see the oncologist - WOW what confidence you all exude (is that how to spell it). As a newcomer it seems to me that you ladies were disgnosed and have gone through your treatments together and have been such a comfort to each other. It is also really good to know that the treatment will actually come to an end - at the moment that seems light years away for me - but if I can get together with some 'new kids on the block' who are as supportive as you have been towards each other then the journey will be that much less devastating.

The very best of luck to you all - you are a brave and caring group.

Take care all

Pam

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi ladies

Just popping by to say hello to you all and pleased to hear things are good with you all. I'm pleased that you managed to get in touch with Dyzee - it's always very worrying when somebody just disappears when they've been chatting such a lot - it makes me very nervous. I'm back at work now so not online so much and it's hard to keep up with all the threads.

Sending you all lots of love

Ruby xxxx

Highlighted

Hi all,

Just a quick hello before I head off to the big smoke and a quick catch up. Nothing really to say, work is going well, but I would say that it was pay day today.
I had another check up with the surgery team ans everything seems ok. I have been asked to be part of a trial for women who were diagnosed at 40 or under. Its just giving blood and permission for them to use my tissue samples for research and filling out a questionaire a few times a year. It seems a small price to pay when past trials etc have done so for much for me so I said yes. The paperwork says its following 3000 women for 20 years so I'm taking it as a good sign they hope I will be around in 20 years time.

Louise....I harvested my first rocket and radish this week and my second lot of rhubarb. Its all growing in pots on my patioeven the rhubarb. It means ther are no slugs getting to any of it too. The rocket and lettuce are growing in a window box under the kitchen window. The wormery produced itsfirst lot of liquid plant food so even thats organic too!!! Hopeyou are enjoying your time before your rads slog up the motorway.

Dilys...thanks for the birthday wishes. We are going to see Chicago on my birthday and am starting to get a bit excited now, well I will be when I have finished packing!!!!

Talking of which I had better get going. Love to all. Shonagh xxx

Well that it all really, same old same old

Highlighted

Hi Shonagh

So lovely to hear from you. Guess we all leave Dyzee in peace now, poor love. You are so right. I seem to have lost confidence about work. But it will be ok once I get going again. Can't believe I was such a big shot big earner before all this!

Good luck with your next appointment - and birthday!

Much love

Dilys
xxxx

Highlighted

Hi there Ladies,

Just a quick one, I was working until 4 today and have just dragged myself inside after grabbing the last couple of hours of sunshine before we nip off to the local for the boat and folk festival.

Dilys...thanks so much for passing on the news about Dyzee. I'm really sorry to hear she is having a bad time, and her friend too. Its such a shame and I really feel for her, If she pops in for a peek every now and then I hope she reads these messages and feels the good vibes I am sending her way.
Good luck with your appointment, honestly going back to work isnt half as bad as the thought of going back to work.

Well Hope the rest of you are doing well, I am building up to my next poke and prod on the 23rd June, hope its all AOK as it will be my 6 month appointment and only 3 days before the big four OHHHHHH!!!!!

Love and luck to everyone. Shonagh xx

Highlighted

Dear Louise

What a great thought - Independence Day! Thank you! You are getting through it all now too aren't you? Nothing is as hard as chemo. And you have worked as well! I have no intention of doing anything hectic.......

Much love to all

Dilys
xx

Highlighted

Hello Dilys

That's good to know news of our friends. Poor Dyzee! it must have been a really bad time for her not to want to chat, I am sure she will let us know when she is feeling a bit better.

Gosh 4th July.....Don't forget that is INDEPENDENCE day, I wonder if that has sone significance as you move on from (most of) your treatment? GULP, it is is a big step for you, you will be fantastic, just don't take on anything too hectic. I will have done my rads planning by then. Am feeling bit stronger each day, not sleeping too well but so glad to be casting off the gloom of chemo. Back at work part time from Monday, which I am looking forward to (and then off for rads again)

Love to all

Louise x

Highlighted

Dear All

Hope everyone is fine this morning? I have news. I had a pm from dear Lynne. She is still at work and fine, and withdrawing really from the forums, as we will all tend to do. She also gave me news of Dyzee who has had a bad patch and prefers to stay away from the forums too until she is feeling better. So we reckon it is best to leave dear Dyzee in peace until she wants to be in touch again. I for one will respect that - she is a lovely lady and was marvellous to me. Sure you all know the feeling where she is concerned.

I have finally taken the first step towards getting back to work myself (sob!). Have my first appointment with recruitment consultants on 4 July! I am going to feel well weird in a smart suit again....

Much love to all

Dilys
xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Dear All

Lovely to hear from you all, and yes having hair again is great. I can't believe I have got there at last. Still takes me only 30 seconds in the morning so am going to keep it short (just not THIS short). You will get there everyone and it is so very liberating. And no grey for me!!!!!

Louise - glad you have the next stages sorted out and the last chemo doing its worst at the moment. You really will be fine with rads, especially if you are not working. I have no idea how you and Shonagh do it! Must be superwomen. Enjoy that break away in the Dales.

Maddy that is so worrying about Dyzee. Can understand her not posting but odd not to reply to a text or e-mail from an individual. Saw Lynne002 on her a few weeks back and pm'd her but no response.

Shonagh - deflation is ok. It still looks well weird undressed but is fine when I have a bra on and am dressed. I am aware of it all the time still but it doesn't hurt so fingers crossed. Don't want any more messing about with it though the port has to come out at some point. I see the surgeon again on 1 September so we will see where we go from there. He still wants to lift the other one.....

Rachy - good luck with type two chemo! You are nearly there my love

Lots of love to all

Dilys
xxxxxx

Highlighted

hHi everyone, i am now on second round of chemo. i have just finished 1st cycle of xeloda. Final chemo is 28th July HOORAY !!! Glad to hear that you have finished Chemo, Louise. Rads for me start on 3 September. What is a chillow ? sounds like a very cool pillow to me. V much needed this weather.
Love to you all

Rachy

Highlighted

Hello all

Great to hear how you’re all doing though I think this thread will be winding down before long as our treatment paths change/finish. What a fab support we have all been to each other though!

I am so relieved to have got through chemo and even though I feel like a piece of poo, this should be my last terrible weekend (please!) and by this time next week should begin to recover. There is a good rest before rads and we are going away to the Dales for a few days just before. OH has rented a hotel room that has a lounge attached, so I have lots of space to rest, bless him.

Maddy Glad that you are doing ok though still no splint GRRR. I have a new grandson since I last wrote, they have called him Jenson (took us a bit to used to that one!) and my OH is over there visiting now, followed by seeing Evie Rose. Glad Ben is doing so well. Didn’t realise you were taking early retirement to the sun. WOW!

Shonagh I am in awe of your green fingers< I am sure your veg are ace, is rhubarb easy to grow? I love it and it is expensive in the shops. I am not surprised you are tired with going back to work. I have only 15 rads, that is the “norm” at my hosp. Planning is 2nd July and they start on 16th. I am taking 4 weeks off sick and then will work from home. It will be good to get back to my normal routine and start Uni again in September.

Dilys I was glad to see on another thread that you have got some decent hair growth now and went commando! I have got some wispy bits although a lot of them look grey. I have got so used to being bald that it will be a big novelty to have hair (and a pain to style it again, lol I notice a lot of ladies seem to keep it short when it re-grows) Hope you have some nice plans for this weekend.

Hope everyone else is Ok. Rachy, are you getting on Ok with the next stage? Havent seen you posting lately. Jules hope life is getting back to a bit more normal. Ruby how is the Herceptin treatment, are you coping Ok?

Love to all

Louise x

Highlighted

Louise - I'm sure that after chemo radiotherapy will be a breeze ! Just make sure you moisturise with aqueous cream before and after all treatments and you should be fine.
Shonagh - I know exactly what you mean about finding clothes you can't remember - I opened a cupboard the other day .................and closed it very quickly...................the 70s had suddenly sprung back to life ! My stepper is under the stairs - I refuse to admit that I don't use it !!!! We are still doing our long evening walks though - fantastic when the weather is like today - not so great for most of the time in this country though - three years to go and we're off to Catalonia - can't wait.
I've texted Dyzee's mobile and emailed her but still no reply - very worrying - let's hope that someone who knows her will be in touch. Fingers crossed that all is well.
Ben now has his first tooth - and he knows how to use it - my index finger will never be the same ! He's decidedly "armed and dangerous"
Have a good summer
Lots of love to all BC Babes
Maddy xxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi there Ladies,

Louise....Well done and congratulations on your final chemo. Hope this last one is made easier by knowing it is the last one. Like Dilys said take it easy with work and I'm really glad to hear you are off all together when doing rads. I had to travel about an hour each way too and found the whole thing a bit tiring but not too bad. How many rads are you having?
The Garden is doing really well, I wil be able to do rhubarb with everything soon, I love it stewed on top of greek yogurt and in the crumble of course. My radish and beetroot have sprouted this week and are about an inch tall already and I reckon its only about two weeks and the salad leaves anf rocket will be ready for picking. I cant wait, no more soggy bags of lettuce in the veg draw in the fridge.
Dilys...How are you now the deflation has been done. Is it lots more comfortable. I do hope so.
Hi to Rachy, Julie, Maddy and all. Hope you are all doing well.

Nothing much going on with me, had an oncology check up n the 12th May and all seemed well, got another check up on the 23rd June with the surgeon and booked in for zoladex again on the 9th June, my GP was hoping I could have it 3 monthly but the onc has decided to go back to monthly which is a bit of a pain but never mind its a small price to pay and there is alwys the bonus that I dont have periods anymore.
I finally got to the bottom of my ironing pile last week, I cant believe it, I've got clothes I didnt even remember I had!!!! I also got my stepper out of the garage and got off my lazy butt and have done my routine twice now.

Well its 10.42pm I have been home from work about half an hour and its off to bed for me, I still seem to be really tired all the time but I suppose the lack of hormones has a lot to do with that and the hot flushes keeping me awake. Thank god for my chillow.

Love to all, Shonagh xxx

Highlighted

Oh Dilys it will be fab for you to have a hol to look forward to for the END of all your treatments. We are hoping to get a couple of days away in the Dales before rads. During rads, I am off work full stop as it is physically impossible to get to work as well as the hosp, and then will work from home (topless?) during the sore bit afterwards.

Well YEY I have had my last chemo, went in fine, just wait for all the effects to kick in now. Thank heavens it is all done

Love to you and everyone else

Louise x