1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed Today

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Diagnosed Today

How are you doing Claire? Give us an update please. Sending you love and hugs. Tracy xxx

Hi Claire,
You are perfectly normal !! You will need support over the next few days and weekend as you prepare for your op on Monday. Remember your boyfriend will want to be with you just as much as you want him home. Every pain you feel, he will feel it with you. The men are big softies and often show their emotions more than us. I remember my hubby crying when he walked me down to theatre for my mx. He had tried hard all day from 7am to 3.30pm and he was just tired and worn out by the waiting. I was fine I was given strength to cope from somewhere and I hugged him and told him not to be silly, I would be back on the ward before he knew it. A bc diagnosis affects the whole family and your friends , so rely on them for help. They will want to do their very best for you. How old is your littleman and what is his name ?
Sending you lots of love and big hugs Tracy xxx

Of course you feel dreadful and your world has fallen apart because it has and life as you know it will never be the same again. You must let your feelings out, take time to cry, to grieve because that's what it feels like. However it is not the end of the world, you are lucky (Yes I said lucky) it has been found, you are getting rid of it quickly and it will be gone..... You are already dealing with it. Please take someone to your appointments to just take in all that's being said and ask questions for you if you can't. This is a long process but as you can see in here there are lots of us who have walked in your footsteps and are here to support you. we will all be thinking of you Monday, please check back and tell us what you are doing. X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Clare,
My name is Emma. I was diagnosed in March 2010 at the age of 32 and I know exactly what you're going through. My sons were 1 and 3 at the time and my world completely fell apart too. Well, I have come through chemo, herceptin, mastectomy, reconstruction, tattooing and am now on tamoxifen- treatment is hard but is do-able. I was lucky to have a very supportive mum to help me through the treatment and when I had the wobbles...I had many, I still do from time to time. It is just very unexpected at our age..Anyway, if I can help you in any way, drop me a line. Emma x

It's a horrible time Clare, your feelings are perfectly normal, shock, fear, disbelief and anger is about what I felt too!
This site is a really good place to come and rant and talk things over with others going through the same things or just to read and know you are not alone.
Wishing you all the best at this horrible scary time. Xx

Hi Clare,
i was diagnosed yesterday and just feel totally shell shocked. Having returned from a three week holiday on 5th Jan, I have had two core biopsies, a fine needle biopsy and an MRI. Consultant confirmed yesterday that I need a mastectomy and I now have to take a few days considering options for reconstruction or not as the case may be, before confirming when I will have surgery.
Stay positive and keep letting it out, whether on here or with other friends. Take care.

Hi Clare

Welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you receive here you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They're on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Clare be kind to your self it is a shock and its such early days for you. Maybe give your breast nurse a ring and ask her to go over your diagnosis again. I also asked my consultant when he came to see me before my op. It is alot to cope with if your partner is away and he is your biggest support. I came back from my early appointments and had forgotten what I had been told, I would imagine we are not on our own with that. Its quite a good idea to take someone with you if yoiu can so they can listen too, if not use the support of your nurse. You can also ring breast cancer care and talk to a nurse there, they have been a huge support to me, and sent me out extra information to help me throughout my journey and helped me to know what questions would be good to ask. Take care thinking bout you Hannah X

Hi Clare be kind to your self it is a shock and its such early days for you. Maybe give your breast nurse a ring and ask her to go over your diagnosis again. I also asked my consultant when he came to see me before my op. It is alot to cope with if your partner is away and he is your biggest support. I came back from my early appointments and had forgotten what I had been told, I would imagine we are not on our own with that. Its quite a good idea to take someone with you if yoiu can so they can listen too, if not use the support of your nurse. You can also ring breast cancer care and talk to a nurse there, they have been a huge support to me, and sent me out extra information to help me throughout my journey and helped me to know what questions would be good to ask. Take care thinking bout you Hannah X

Hi Clare,
Everyone here will tell you your feelings are perfectly normal. Of course you are scared and of course you feel like you have been hit by a 20 ton tank, but you do need someone to talk to - have you family or a close friend nearby? Do open up and tell someone. Keep taking, and do come on here to rant and rave with the rest of us. Tell yourself you are lucky, lucky that the lump is being removed on Monday - some of us had to wait a lot longer than that, and believe me, the waiting is the worst thing. Take care and lots of hugs xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Diagnosed Today

Hi,
I was diagnosed this morning and my world feels like its stopped. My boyfriend is away so its me and my little man tonight and just feel empty. I have to have the lump removed Monday and then they will start treatment which I didnt even listen too. All I've done is cry and shout at my boyfriend for being away when I need him. Is this normal or am I just being horrible?
I want to get through this but I've never been so scared in my life!!
Clare