Diagnosed after 1st post op mammo - after dcis last year

I was diagnosed with dcis last septembet. I had 2 ops and 15 shots of radiotherapy. My 1st follow up mammo was 3rd august and there were calcifications so i had biopsies. I got the results this eeek and they have found invasive cancer within the benign calcifications! No lump or mass and no swollen lymph nodes could be seen when i had an ultrasound on tuezday. The cancer is grade 2, her 2 and hormone receptive. Since tuezday i have had a ct scan and bone scans for staging and go back to my consultant next wednesday 6th sept. I have soreness and pain around my back, ribs on the right side already. The plan will involve masectome, chemo, hormone tablets and herceptin. I am struggling and scared. Trying to be normal but feeling anything but. This is the 2nd year that i have not been able to return to my job as a teacher in september. Gutted!@

Sorry about the typos - fat fingers!

Good morning ali sorry to read your news but sending a big hug There appears to be so many of us on here who are from a school environment I hope your pain subsides x. Keep us posted with your results ?

Ali

Oh mate I am so sorry after everything you have been through to have this now but you will get through it and we will be there by your side helping in whatever way we can.

Let us know how you get on next Wednesday and will be thinking about you.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxxxx

Ali
Im so sorry. Please keep posting. We are going to get through this together. Big hug.

Sorry to hear your news Ali. Though remember to come on here to have a moan or get inspiration from all the lovely ladies.

Will be thinking bout you on Wednesday let us know how you get on.

Cassie x

Hi Ali

So sorry to read your news. I’m sure your head is all over the place right now.

Once your plan is in place, take one step at a time and one treatment at a time. This can be treated and you will get through it.

Sending a massive hug xx

Hi Ali49
I was diagnosed with grade 3 IDC last month in my breast and lymph nodes. I had staging scans last week and I was very worried as I have a lot of aches and pains and I attributed every one to spread.
My staging scans came back clear but the abdomen ultrasound to check my liver showed up something in my stomach- dr not overly concerned but I am to have a CT scan so they can get a better look.
So CT on Monday and meeting oncologist on Tuesday to start the preparatory process for chemo which will start once the ct scan results are back and I have some dental work completed. It’s all go.
I just want my treatment to start.

We are facing this together. Please use the forums often as the support is invaluable.
X

Oh no Ali ,how depressing and frustrating .I can totally sympathise as I have had 2 cancer diagnoses in last 2 years also (second was womb not breast ) .Doing it once is hard enough -doing it twice when you are just beginning to move forward after the last cancer is very hard .Jill.

Such a blow, but as the other ladies say you will get through this. Here if you want to chat x

Ali, I was so sorry I was to read your news. I’m a teacher as well, going in on Monday for Staff Dev Day and then not sure when again after that. I’m upset about that, so can imagine how gutted you must feel missing the beginning of term for the second year. Thinking of you xx

Thank you for all of your replies. The DCIS forum was invaluable to me last year so i know there will be support here. Wishing you all good luck with tests too xx

Thank you Jen.Its not been a good 2 years .

Ali
So sorry to read this and it is pants (where’s the pic of pants?) but at least you can be treated. After feeling sorry for myself I’ve come to the conclusion that I need fight whatever is going to make we well again whatever the time. I have grade 2 Invasive ductal her+ so I’ve had lumpectomy, chemo due to start Mon with herceptin, another op to clear margins, rads and hormone tablets for 10 years.
We just have to accept the treatment and support the fabulous team are giving us at this moment in time as our mind can wander which isn’t good for us.it all just seems such a big effort and has taken over our lives when there are so money other things to deal with.
I know you will get stronger day by day and yes even though we moan about work we do miss not going in but you will be back when you are well enough.
I know whatever we write doesn’t take it away but we are here to support one another.
Go girl, we are all here as one and will fight it!!!xxx

So sorry to read this, I can only imagine how hard it is to start this all over again. Thank goodness for this forum where people understand what you are going through.
I’m another with grade 2 invasive ductal HER2+. So it’s chemo, Herceptin and rads for me too but thankfully no more surgery. It’s been a tough week getting our heads around it but overall my fighting spirit is winning out so far. We are stronger than we think.

I know that you all know how i’m feeling and thats why these forums are invaluable. Thank you so much for sharing with me and for ‘listening’ to me. Ladybowler you were there last year with me and thanks for being here again. I was strong last year and i will be again. I work in special ed and had done so much transition wotk reassuring my kids that i would be there but now I wont!! Anyway i just need to get to Wednesday - and yet i feel like walking backwards - i hate results days!! Thanks again for being here xxx

Jencat good luck for tuesday, i will pray for good results for you. I was in 2 days last year then went back at the end of January. Did too much though andxended up on phased return til the end of march! You and I, just have to do as we are told now instead of telling others. The limbo is horrible! Thinking of you and sending my love xx

I am going into school Tuesday but staff training day only going to stop off my first doctors note and in all honesty hope to not see too many staff it will be too emotionally draining as not seen most of them since my unexpected results x

Drop off doc note even x

I am sure it is because I text fast and don’t read it properly before I press post lol and check what naughty autocorrect has done :white_check_mark: my computer posts are much more accurate ?X