Diagnosed at 28

My mother has just gotten her six months all clear for ovarian cancer. As far as we knew , there was no history of BC in my family. Imagine the shock (still in shock) when my diagnosis came through.
Hello all I am 28 years old and I have been diagnosed with stage 2B N1 BC. I have not familiarized myself with all the little letters that goes with all this . But I am sure as time goes on I will become an expert at it.
I am a single mum of a 10 year old. If I thought I had it rough then imagine now how hard it would be in the next few months to come.
I stumbled across this site and I just thought I’d have a go . I guess I just needed to chat but I don’t even know where to start.
My white cells are the lowest they’ve ever been a tend I’ve been quarantined twice already dues to catching earth and anything uu under the sun.
I guess hearing from some of you ladies at end bout what how you dealt with it at end bout from the beginning will maybe help at end bottle little. I’m still too scared to ask for my full result. And am avoiding the topic.

Hi, so sorry that you find yourself here, so young as well. I am sure there will be more ladies along soon to offer you support. Everybody’s journey is individual, but we can all relate to one another and support each other.
I, myself, am 43 years old (still classed as young for breast cancer!) with 2 boys, ages 9 and 7. I have stage 3a, grade 2 IDC, diagnosed at the beginning of September, and finally staged just over 2 weeks ago. I have had a couple of surgeries, SLNB (sentinel lymph node biopsy) followed by a mastectomy and ANC (full lymph node clearance). I started chemotherapy 2 weeks ago.
It was such an emotional roller coaster, right from the beginning when I found out to 2 weeks ago when I finally found out my results of scans to confirm I was NOT stage 4…a very huge relief. I found the waiting of any of the results the absolute worst, and I think that everyone here will say the same. But now that I now exactly where I am with the disease, I can move forward. The chemo is frightening but I am willing to grow everything at it so that it hopefully will never ever return!
Will you be needing chemo? If you are then under ‘going through treatment’ category on the forum you will find a sub category ‘monthly chemotherapy threads’. I am under the December Angels thread, as I started in December, we are all going through chemo at the same time and offer each other support and talk about our side effects and how we might overcome them…it really puts you at ease, knowing that you are not alone.
Good luck with any operations/treatment you might be having. Any questions just ask.
A x

Hi loran and jonamo,
I am also on the December thread. I am 44 and also classed as young for breast cancer and I am so sorry to meet you here. I have grade 3 idc and now know like jonamo it is not grade 4 the waiting it just awful x I have had my first chemo but they want to do this first so no operations yet which I don’t know if that is right or not I have to take this guidance x I am happy to support and answer any questions if you have any. I feel so strong sometimes and so weak others I just hope I am not still in denial. Best wishes and lots of strength to you both x

Hi Lorna and welcome to the BCC forums
In addition to the support you have found here please feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

The following link will take you to further formation and support ideas from BCC specific to younger women which I hope you will find helpful::

breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Take care
Lucy BCC