cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed in early December but can't be treated

3 REPLIES 3
zibzab

Re: Diagnosed in early December but can't be treated

You have to ask everything properly about radiotheraphy as sometimes radiotherapy can be more dangerous for the heart and blood vessels to the heart than the surgery. In your situation really need to find the right treatment and less dangerous way of treatment. Good luck! You have to trust your doctor and I know they all togeather will find the best treatment for you! I know - that is hard time in your life to have two equally dangerous disease What I can to tell as I am working in cardiology ward where we are doing PTCA ( stent in coronary arteries) - all what you can to do -believe and trust the best as heart diseases are strange. I do not have my personal experience but sometimes we get somebody after radiotherapy. Anyway - mostly of them is possible to help.
Hugs and love to you! Will keep my fingers for the best possible.

RevCat

Hello Pen,

Goodness me, you don't do things by halves do you? I hope you are recovering well from your heart attack and that you feel generally more like yourself again soon. The early days after diagnosis are definitely the worst, and you would be odd if you were not very afraid right now. One of the things we don't always realise is that tumours have probably taken years to grow to a detectable size, even though we feel as if they appear overnight. It sounds as if your hospital are on the ball, organising radiotherapy which may shrink the tumour and will certainly kill off any odd cells lurking nearby. I am sure they will keep a close eye on you, with regular checks (and possibly scans) to see what is happening. Radiotherapy is painless (unless you get some sore skin) and quikc, and althgouth some people get very tired, most will have no serious side effects.

I can't really offer any advice as it's not my experience, but what I would suggest is you tryu calling the helpline on here after the weekend as they have loads of knowledge. Try not to Google as there is lots of dodgy stuff out there, but do pop back here with any questions or concners, or just if you need a safe space to vent.

Gentle hugs and hope you feel able to make the best of Christmas
karenp

Hi Pen
What a horrendous week alright. I can only imagine how difficult it has been.
My surgery was delayed and I was given tamoxifin, as My cancer was estrogen poditive, until they could operate.
I trust others msy have words of wisdom for you.
Karen
pen1953

Diagnosed in early December but can't be treated

Hi everyone
I am a 59 year old woman who had a horrendous week at the beginning of December. I had a mild heart attack on 3 Decemebr and had a stent fitted, and on 7 December I was told I had grade 3 invasive breast cancer. When I saw the consultant on the 8 December even he remarked that I had not had a very good week!!
I found out today that due to my heart condition (I had a major heart attack in September 2012), they are unable to operate. I will see the consultant again in 2 weeks time after he has spoken to the radiologist and they are hoping that they can give me radiotherapy to slow down the growth until my heart stabilises and they can operate - the time scale for the operation is now anywhere between 3 to 12 months.
Has anyone else been in this situation and can they offer advice? My only consolation is that the tumour is very small at present.
Pen1953