cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed last Tuesday....head is swimming

182 REPLIES 182
AmersL

Re: Diagnosed last Tuesday....head is swimming

I totally understand your dismay, when I was diagnosed I couldn't think straight let alone get a box of hair dye right:). I remember going to work and not being able to even function, but I am here to tell you that the fog will subside. I will give you one bit of advise that I took. Take one thing at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself with everything. First it's surgery check, then recovery, check, then maybe chemo, check, maybe a scan here or there. But if you take each part bit by bit it gets easier to digest. At first everything is flown at you and your just trying to digest what was just told to you....so first things first.... Just breath.... Pray..... And take it one step at a time. You can do this. Lots of us have and we are here to help you through it too! God bless you my friend I will pray for you!
Toulula

I was told 10 days ago and my head is swimming never been so active even put wrong colour dye o my hair yesterday picked up box 8b instead of box8i look like a carrot but who cares going to buy box8 today and sort it out shame we cannot sort out our c like that no waiting just do it
Sisterjayne

Hi jinny you definately seem maybe a little better now you have your plan ? and as everyone has said anxiety is the norm on this site! We've all been there, still there like you or remember how it felt so you are not alone . We all jump to conclusions and think the worst and more often we are proved wrong ,so I'm sure now the professionals have decided whats best for you to beat this ,you must be strong and fight it with whatever strength you can muster and you will beat this jinny ,you will look back on this time in a few months and think I've come through it , be positive ,lots of love to you xxxx
Jan-mac

Hi Jinny

The sooner you start treatment you will feel that things are getting underway and slowly you will be on the road to recovery. I have a small lump just under where the nodes have been taken - its scar tissue but obviously you feel panic straightaway thats normal .

I am thinking of you and wish you all the best - keep in touch love jan xxx

jinny2611

Hi yes im not to bad start chemo the 11th totally worried sick i went about other lump he had feel dosent think it anything sinister but i wasnt imagining  it he said its not a lump its normal tissue ill take his word for it got scans next week dont even imagine whats that done to me im so sure it elsewere but i cant change it good luck to you all x

hbunny

Hi jinny, just wanted to through into the mix that if you have had a biopsy in the area you think you have a new lump it could very likely be scar tissue, which would feel like a hard lump. Hbunny xx
Sisterjayne

Hi jinny how are you doing? I hope that you are feeling a bit better in yourself , did you get treatment for your poss infection? That will hopefully make you feel a bit better , hope that you have had a chat with your bc nurse and she has helped you to come to terms with your diagnosis, it's a very hard time for you but staying pos will help you , it's easy to say this ,we all know that but do lots of deep breathing and really as everyone will tell you take each day as it comes , I'm sure that you are int he best possible hands and you have to put your trust in the professionals to help you . Take care x
jinny2611

I can feel a new lump in other breast i had biopsy done on this when got dx with other but im sure this is new lump im past myselt what a mess

jinny2611

Just back from hospital didnt feel well got infection in seroma all red and hot i went into panic thinking it another cancer well got rest of results and im def triple negative go and see onc 9th june and scans 10th june hopefully i can find the stength to do this cos i so need it i look so ill and weak

Sisterjayne

Hi jinny ,as the other ladies have said we are all here for you,it's such a hard time for you at the mo , but you have to be strong to fight this thing , treatments today have improved so much and there will be a plan for everyone as individuals tailored to your bc to ensure that you have the best possible outcome and you must remember this . We all have wobbly moments you are not alone with the feelings you are experiencing ,and it may be good if you can speak to your breast care nurse , she will be able to talk to you as she will know exactly what you are dealing with and will be able to reassure you I'm sure. Stay strong jinny we are all here for you xxxx
Kalo

Hi Jinny,
Hope you are ok.
I too have found out I'm TN, and like you am worrying myself sick with it all.
Going back to the clinic on Thursday to see what's going on.
Thinking of you.
Carole x
Jan-mac

Hi Jinny
Please darling believe me and all the other ladies you can do this - just little steps one day at a time it takes a time to get over the shock but you are being very brave and you will deal with this.
We are all here for you - stay positive and talk to us anytime you need.
All my love Jan xx
WP23

Jinny

You can do it, please don't think that you can't. We all find the strength from somewhere, somehow.

Everyone on this site is here for you.

I felt so low last week when I got my results, but I had a good cry and a good scream, I am feeling a whole lot better now:)

Does your hospital offer any therapy sessions like reiki or reflexology. I have found reiki to be so good at calming me down it is so relaxing.

We are all here for you Jinny, think positive thoughts, breath in the good air and blow out the bad.

Wendy xx
hbunny

Hi jinny.  Try to stay strong, i know the news isn't what you were hoping for but there are many ladies on this site who have been there before you and come through it. You will be fine take heart, take a deep breath and take one day at a time.  Sending positive thoughts for you. Xx hbunny

Jo_BCC

Hi Jinny,

If you need someone to talk to in confidence then our helpline team are only a free phone call away, they're here to support you through this.  0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Jo1

Dear Jinny,

It's really hard and you're obviously still in shock about all this. But you will cope, you'll find strength to do it even if you don't think so now. We're all thinking about you and sending good wishes for your results, we're all on your side. It's not going to be easy for you, but if you think we're all coping brilliantly. you're wrong you know - we all have wobbles - I've had the screaming heebie-jeebies a few times, and I've only known about it for 2 weeks, and don't have my op till 12th June, plenty of time left for more major crises!

Take some deep breaths, try to tell yourself you can cope - you really will. Have you anyone you can talk to? Maybe your cancer nurse? One thing I've found can help is punching a pillow or cushion - it might sound funny but it can help let out some of the awful stress. Lots of us will be thinking of you - tonight and tomorrow and the next day. Hold tight love. Jo xx anf hugs

jinny2611

Its showing neg for everything just waiting on one more result to see if can have herpectain if not then yes trip neg i just dont think i can do this havent even started chemo yet

WP23

Hi Jinny2611,

Have you been told it is triple negative??

Stay strong hun, talk to us 🙂
jinny2611

Think it trip negative im upset

hbunny

Jan. Just wanted to send best wishes for your appt this pm.  Hope all goes well.  Xx hbunny

hbunny

Hi sisterjayne, the waiting over and im sure you will soon be home. Just to say im thinking of you today, you have been such a support to so many on this site i hope you will take it easy for a while and try to relax, although i must say im already bored and looking for things to do.

Take care.  Xx hbunny

Jan-mac

Hi Sisterjayne

Wish you loads of luck for tomorrow, you really will be ok, this time tomorrow

evening it will be done and you will be on the way to getting better - once its over take care and make sure you rest as much as you can, I am at the hospital in the afternoon but will message you when I get home.

Will be thinking of you love Jan xxx

jinny2611

Just everything i read people alwyas seem to get secondries with node involvement im waiting for result to see if i can have herpetian or whatever it is i cant have nothing else cos im negative does this mean i could be triple negative prob more bad news just to add to it

Sisterjayne

Hi jinny , it certainly sounds as though they have been very thorough and the fact they have removed the nodes with the problem is good ,lymph are there to collect and it does seem that if the other nodes are clear they have got them all and got rid of it all , you will have the chemo now just to make sure it's all sorted and then you will be able to move on. I'm sure at the moment that seems a long way away for you but it will soon be sorted and you will feel much better about this once the treatment starts, there is a lot of support on here that will help a lot of the girls will be going down similar paths as you and to share this will help you I'm sure .be strong , you will beat this ,sending you loads of love xxx
Jan-mac

Hi Jinny
I'm sorry it wasn't better news, but it sounds like theyve been very thorough and have removed everything, am thinking of you please take - you will get through this all my love Jan xx
jinny2611

well just praying it hasnt spread they have removed all tumours and he did take 21 nodes so 12 were clear with clear margins so i hope n pray nodes were just doing there job

hbunny

Hi jinny, sorry you have not had good news, but take heart there is a plan and im sure a good outcome even though its going to be a hard few months. Everyone on this site is rooting for you and there is light at the end of the tunnel, we will all get through it. Stay strong.  Take care and spoil yourself you deserve it. Love and hugs hbunny

Sisterjayne

Hi jinny sorr your results weren't what you wanted to hear but stay strong , they know what they are dealing with , they can now make a plan to rid of it , you are going to be in the best possible hands to sort this for you as soon as possible and then you can move on with your life . It's a horrible time for you at the mo but staying positive will help you battle and conquer this enemy and you will win and move forward ,take care and lots of hug and love to you , keep in touch .Jayne xxxx
jinny2611

Hi my report wasnt good was 2 tumors one 28mm one 25mm both different cancers and 9 positive lymph nodes im just mess waitng for scans and chemo nurse

Sisterjayne

Thanks so much for your support hbunny , il let you know how it goes , take care xxxx
WP23

Thanks Jan-mac and Sisterjayne,

I will get my positive head back on soon I am sure.

This is just a set back that can be overcome and we will all overcome it.

You are all my lifeline at the moment, along with my loving family and lots of brilliant friends.

Lots of love n hugs
Wendy xx
Sisterjayne

Hi Wendy ,oh it's a shame you can't go on your canadian hol and im sure you must be disappointed but on a brighter note ,you've got your hol in lanzarote to look forward to , get your treatment sorted,kick this unwelcome visitor into touch for ever and re book your Canada hol!! I should have been in Scotland for a wedding yesterday and I too have cancelled a hol in June so until I know what's happening after Tuesday I may well be cancelling my hol in Canada too , all up in the air at the mo .As you say there are so many positive posts about the treatment for us to read about and it's got to be one step at a time for us all but a step on the road to full recovery ,we can beat this! Take care and love to you Jayne xxx
Sisterjayne

Thanks for all your support and encouragement jan ,this site is such a comfort ,I'm going to set about making a nice birthday cake for my eldest son for tomorrow he will be 31, can't believe where the years go !! , I'm 55 and feel I look about 90 at the mo!!! At least I've had my roots done so I'm not grey !!!! Much love Jayne xx
Jan-mac

Hi Wendy

Am thinking of you, please take some comfort from this website, this is not the outcome that you hoped for, you will come through but at the moment the enormity of it is still a shock.  

Im glad you've booked to go away - that is a really positive move, will do you lots of good.

Please stay in touch, let us know how you are.

All my love

Take care Jan xxx

WP23

Hi Sisterjayne

Not doing too bad, final results last Thursday, ER neg but HER2 pos, also grade 3, so chemo radio and herceptin for me 😞 spent yesterday cancelling Canada holiday in September :(.

However, we have booked to go to Lanzarote for 10 days on 6th June before the long haul of treatment begins.

Have not felt great this past few days with all the information, Friday was a wash out with tears as i am  scared of chemo and herceptin, but reading threads from ladies going through it at present as helped.

Take care

Wendy xx

Jan-mac

Hi Sisterjayne

You will feel so much better when this op is over, its been three weeks now since mine and the time has flown by, it is very nerve wracking but once its done you won't feel nearly as bad. I hate general anasthetics - but everything turned out ok. Your doing the right thing keeping busy once this is done please have a good rest and be nice to yourself.

We're all with you take care lots of love Jan xxx

hbunny

Hi sisterjayne. Wendy is right you will feel much better after the op, although i know how jittery i was the couple of days before hand - bit everybodys head off!  Glucose levels all back to pretty much normal nothing too disasterous and hospital staff were brilliant, they couldn't have been more attentive or caring. You will be fine and im sure everything will go well for you. Will be thinking of you all day on tuesday.  Take care hbunny

Sisterjayne

Thank you so much Wendy , I'm sure il feel better its just trying to keep busy till then isn't it!!! Scary time!hope you are doing ok xxx
WP23

Hi Sisterjayne

Just sending you best wishes for Tuesday. You will feel so much better once your operation is over.

Wendy xx
Sisterjayne

Hi jinny ,how did you get on with your appt? Are you feeling any better? Have you got your plan? Been thinking about you and hoping that things were positive for you.sending you lots of hugs .love Jayne xx
Sisterjayne

Hi hbunny glad to hear you're doing well after your op , well I'm up early today I'm beginning to get anxious about Tuesday , I know it's got to be sorted but just so nervous ,nurses are the worst patients!!! Hope your diabetes not causing you too much of a problem , it's just a time for extra monitoring and adjustment time for you and I'm sure you're an expert on that!! Well I'm going to try and sort out a few things here today,cleaning,baking ,etc to get through it and then one more day and it will be sorted . Look after yourself ,make sure you rest ,take care love Jayne xxx
hbunny

Thanks jayne. Rather sore and achy this am, but feeling positive and still have a boob - probably now one b cup and one a cup, but at least its still there and its mine - never realised how much i thought of them! Anyway tuesday will be here really soon, do something to pamper yourself over the weekend and let me know how it goes, the waiting game continues and im off to busy myself with my exercises.  Best wishes to all.  Xx hbunny

Jo1

That's good news hbunny - so glad to hear all went well. Hope you have lots of TLC over the weekend.

Sisterjayne

Hi hbunny so pleased that you have had your surgery and feeling ok also encouraged by your post for mine on Tuesday! , I'm trying to keep busy as this is going to be a long weekend! Just need to get this sorted now though ,take care and hope you continue to feel ok , you can move forward now ,keep in touch ,love Jayne x
Jan-mac

Hi hbunny
Glad everything went ok please rest now and take care of you love Jan xx
hbunny

Hi ladies. Just checkig in after wle today. A long day but its now over and im back home with a cup of tea. Just to give some reassurance to those waiting, it wasnt half as bad as expected and im feeling quite comfortable. The biggest problem was being wheeled down to theatre to find they had a problem with the previous patient so was wheeled back to the ward for another 1.5 hours wait, but all went well and now the waiting begins again.  Good luck to alpl waiting.  Xx hbunny

Sisterjayne

Hi jan , my pre op yesterday was fine ,that was the easy bit! All set for Tuesday so I've got to keep myself busy over the next few days to take my mind off it , I want it to be done but its still scary waiting for it to be sorted . Again like you I do wonder if stress plays a part , my dear sister had her reoccurrence of bc last year , that was a shock but as she said, there was a reason for it she should have had a mastectomy 10 years ago when it was first diagnosed due to where it was and it returned in exactly the same place so she had reconstructive surgery and I went up to look after her when she came home ,she's a single mum with 2 children .shes doing wonderfully after her op and is an inspiration to me ,then since xmas I've had more stress my parents are elderly and my dad who is 81 was rushed into hospital in jan with problems with his liver , he looks after my mum so he was in hospital for 3 weeks very poorly and my mum wasn't coping well so I was staying with mum, visiting dad and trying to juggle this with a full time job ,then recently dads been rushed in again and it's an ongoing worry at the mo ,having said this both mum and sis had bc and apparently no genetic link and I was told I was low risk which I do feel a little sceptical about,maybe not a recognised gene but ? Something there I think .
Anyway jan hope all goes well for you on tues it all sounds very positive and get your next plan and keep moving forward, I hope that I will be able to say the same next week too . Take care lots of love Jayne xxx
Sue123

Hi all , I don't usually post on this part of the forum but wanted to share my views about the contribution of stress to our breast cancer. I fouind my lump about 6 months after my parten died and one or two people said that the stress of this had caused my breast cancer.

However when you think about the disasters of things like the world wars and other wars going on around the world and natural disasters like tsunamis when people lived in terror and the unknown and thousands of sudden deaths of loved ones. There is no link with these awful stresses and a rise in breast cancer after these events. 

Just thought I would add this thought to the mix as i think we can sometimes get ouselves in a state thinking that we might have avoided breast cancer when I believe that it is just rotten luck.

Anyway love to you all, Sue xx

Jan-mac

Hi jinny

I totally understand that kind of fear, I think this really threw me in a way I felt totally out of control, something I hate feeling, this was really above and beyond, but despite shaking like a leaf I got there and my resluts were'nt too bad and the main thing is - its being dealt with and there's loads of support on this site, please let me know how you get on.

All my love and take care Jan xx

Jan-mac

Hi Sisterjayne

Have been away so just catching up on the site, how did you pre-op go, is everything ok for your operation?.  I have been reading a lot of us have been under dreadful stress prior to this, well I'm a firm believer that this being the case your physical health does suffer as well,, eighteen months ago my dear Mum became ill with a brain tumour, she was 91, and due to my Dad being killed when I was 15, I realize nobody lives forever, however, my Mum was very strong and independent and this came about very quickly, she died 4 and half months after diagnosis, I'm just glad she did'nt suffer any longer, she lived with us for a while then had to go into palliative care, I have scoliosis and looking after Mum at home was'nt doable after a while, then after she died, obviously there's a funeral to sort out, and tons of paperwork, I'm an only child - so no family as such, at the sametime my husband lost his job - my children suffered too as a result, so yes, I do believe it plays a major part, even though its hard to prove, I did explain this to my BCN and while they don't always want to agree they can't deny it either..........

I have heard from the hospital and I'm in next Tuesday to see the oncologist re: rads, hormone therapy, another date to deal with, but I feel positive about things, like something has been and is being done and once you have had your op - along with the other lovely ladies on this site you really will feel better.

I wish you all the best take care of you all my love Jan xxxx