Diagnosed last week

Diagnosed last week after routine mammogram picked up a shadow. I am in the early stages of breast cancer. Got my op on Thursday to remove an area of my left breast. Still in shock, but, so thankful it has been spotted early.

Sy

Hello and welcome to the forum where you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here.

It is a lot to take in but just to let you know I was diagnosed 12 months ago and have finished active treatment, just taking  a hormone tablet every day for the next 10 years but that is a small price to pay.  Mine was found as a result of a routine mammogram so they are really doing their job#

Helena xxx

Hi, mine was my 3 yearly mammogram that picked it up. They were confident initially that it was calcium fleck. But, after biopsy it was confirmed as early stage cancer. Not the news that you expect! But, like you say, it shows that it works. The staff at the QE in Gateshead have been fantastic.

Hi Sy

Also just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Hope your surgery goes well and then presumably they will tell you what other treatment you may need.

There will be lots of support and advice from all the lovely ladies on here.

Sending a hug

Sue xx

People put off having mammograms!! I would advice everyone to go for it after this xx

Too right Sy! My bc was also mammo detected & I nearly didn’t go!! But after the shock of diagnosis, I felt so lucky it was picked up when it was.
Do come & chat whenever you need to.
ann x

Wishing you well with your treatment. Not a nice thing to happen but you will find loads of support here.

Good luck on Thursday Sy. You will be in great hands and we are all here when you need us xx

Thanks Sue xx

Thanks xx

Thank you all for your support in my first post. I can see this forum being a big Support xxxx

Thanks Mai, so many inspiring and positive comments on here. So pleased I found the app. Take care xx

Hi Sy

Welcome to the amazing ladies on this forum.

I was also diagnosed early on 25th July this year through routine screening. I had my surgery on 20th September (after my holiday) which included a biopsy of 2 sentinel nodes to see if there were any cancer cells in my lymph nodes.

Yesterday I received the best possible news that the surgery had been a success and that there are no cancer cells in my lymph system.

I still have radiotherapy treatments to come in November and then Letrozole pills for 5 years with annual screening but I’m not overly concerned about this as there is so much information here and if I do have any questions I know exactly where to find help.

My medical team have been superb and whilst I’ve had some rollercoaster emotions especially at the beginning waiting for my surgery I feel safe here at any time of day or night. There are some real night owls ? here!

I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. Try and stay positive. Sending you a hug. Anita x

Hi Anita, I know what you mean about the rollercoaster. X

X

Whilst I was there today a lady got to ring the bell for her end of her chemo and the lady next to me was just having number 5. Apparently it is traditional to bring in cake for the staff at your last chemo session.
There was such a bright positive atmosphere in the unit :slight_smile: and

That’s a lovely idea ?

Cakes st our unit too when the bell rings x

This was my first so feeling very aware of every little feeling at the moment and debating when to take my next anti sickness. They just said tonight and the leaflet in the box says 12 hours after the first dose which would be 3am. I keep getting little waves of nausea but I think a lot of that is anxiety related and physcosomatic. I just feel generally a bit weird at the moment.

Hi chaffinch
You can take the anti sickness before you go to bed. You don’t have to wait to 3 am! Xx