cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed last week

ann-m
Community Champion

Re: Diagnosed last week

Too right Sy! My bc was also mammo detected & I nearly didn’t go!! But after the shock of diagnosis, I felt so lucky it was picked up when it was.
Do come & chat whenever you need to.
ann x
Sy

People put off having mammograms!! I would advice everyone to go for it after this xx
Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Sy

Also just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Hope your surgery goes well and then presumably they will tell you what other treatment you may need.

There will be lots of support and advice from all the lovely ladies on here.

Sending a hug

Sue xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Sy

Same as me it was the third 3 yearly mammogram, they said they could see an area of calcification which they took a biopsy of, went back the following week and it was inconclusive and as they did not want to send me away without being confident, they did a mammotome biopsy and that was how it was diagnosed, very small 17mm, grade 1, tubular and early stage so caught early.

xx

Sy

Hi, mine was my 3 yearly mammogram that picked it up. They were confident initially that it was calcium fleck. But, after biopsy it was confirmed as early stage cancer. Not the news that you expect! But, like you say, it shows that it works. The staff at the QE in Gateshead have been fantastic.
ladybowler
Community Champion

Sy

Hello and welcome to the forum where you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here.

It is a lot to take in but just to let you know I was diagnosed 12 months ago and have finished active treatment, just taking  a hormone tablet every day for the next 10 years but that is a small price to pay.  Mine was found as a result of a routine mammogram so they are really doing their job#

Helena xxx

Sy

Diagnosed last week

Diagnosed last week after routine mammogram picked up a shadow. I am in the early stages of breast cancer. Got my op on Thursday to remove an area of my left breast. Still in shock, but, so thankful it has been spotted early.