Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed on Tuesday

3 REPLIES 3
mandyj

Re: Diagnosed on Tuesday

Hi Littlescoot
I was where you are 6 months ago and could not see how I would ever feel positive and stop worrying about dying and mets and god knows what else. I have had my surgery, done 6 doses of chemo and just had day 2 of radiotherapy today. It does get easier once your treatment plan is sorted. Your head will be everywhere for some time yet but you will feel positive again and realise that you can put all this behind you soon and plan your life again.
Good luck with your treatment.
mandyj.xx
chascat

Hi Littlescoot
It's a horrible time for you right now, as you say, every ache and pain becomes magnified and the "what ifs" end up out of control, i'm glad you're in practical mode, it will help to keep your mind busy. I was 44 when diagnosed, grade 2, 19mm tumour, strongly ER+, micromet on one lymph node (less than half a mm), too small to show on the scan so I thought my lymph's were clear, however, from the outset my nurse told me to prepare for chemo even if i had no node involvement, she said this is standard for women of our age. I'm not saying that to scare you, just to prepare you. As much as nobody wants chemo I'm glad i've done everything possible to ensure it's all gone. Chemo isn't pleasant but is certainly doable, I worked through most of mine. Once you have a treatment plan and know exactly what you're dealing with things will began to calm down and you'll feel more in control - I promise.
Take care
Lydia x

Louise_BCC

Hi there littlescoot

Welcome to the discussion forums, I'm sure you'll find them a great source of support and information.

Whilst you're waiting for responses, I just thought I'd let you know about our Helpline who are on hand to give information or just be a listening ear if you need to talk to someone confidentially.

They're open Weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 on 0808 800 6000.

Kind regards.

Louise, Facilitator

Littlescoot

Diagnosed on Tuesday

Hi everyone

i have just joined the forum as I was only diagnosed on Tuesday. I am 46 with no family history of bc. I have grade 2 invasive bc with lymph node involvement. I had a 2 sited biopsy last week and both the lump and the lymph node have tested positive. I am due for a lumpectomy and axillary node clearing on jan 10th to be followed by radiotherapy and have been offered the Import high clinical trial. At this stage in time they are saying that chemo is unlikely.
Since diagnosis I have gone into uber practical mode and kept my emotions at bay from my husband daughter and friends. Truth is I'm really scared as there seems to be so much unknown -from the node clearance- how will affect me afterwards to dreading having to have chemo and mx. Similar to other posts on here every ache and pain I have I am imagining the worst. Although I do actually get an awful lot of pain from the lump and under the armpit anyway-it was the one thing that made me cling to the hope that it wasn't bc as bc is usually ppainless.
i am trying so hard to have a positive mental attitude as so many people are telling me being positive is the key but I am scared beyond words

M