Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed on Valenties day - 39yrs old

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted

Re: Diagnosed on Valenties day - 39yrs old

Dear Dear Maria

43 is not toooooo old. You could make a wonderful mother at that age - and just think how strong you will be after this. I know I have said it before but keep hold of your dreams - do not let your thoughts at such a stressful time take them away.

We spend so much of our time worrying about the things that will never happen, and I know that we are all in a worrying place right now - but please be kind to yourself. The future is just that - a place where we get what we dreamed of and some twists and turns along the way. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful partner and he obviously thinks that he is blessed with you.

Don't spend time worrying about 2 years down the line just yet, the rules on IVF will I expect change at somepoint and be in your favour. I have a friend who was told she would never have children and that IVF would be a waste of time - she concieved her son nautrally! All those worries were just wasted.

Keep posting and we will keep suporting each other
Highlighted

So sorry to read this Maria, I'm 40 with no children yet too, I wouldnt go as far as to say we were actively trying before my diagnosis but having a family has always been on our minds and I guess we just both expected that one day we would probably go on to have a child and even if we didnt we always had that option, my diagnosis somewhat took that out of our hands, I like you am ER+, so am looking at Tamoxifen for the next 5 years, which will take me to 46..so I think realistically for me I have just got to concerntrate on my treatment and put aside any thoughts of a family, that may be easier for me than it would be for you, everyone is different and I certainly wouldnt disregard the thought of ever having a family because of your treatment, just take everything a day at a time, there'll be so much going on in your head at the moment having just joined this rollercoaster..just take the time and speak to your BCN & ONC they will be able to best advise you..but never say never xx
Highlighted

Hi Lyn, thanks a lot. Didn't have much sleep overnight as I have been thinking. I have read a lot of articles about fertility yesterday and generally,they would recommend 2 years after treatment if your planing to be pregnant. By that time, i would be 43 so I think it would be too late anyway. maybe I'll just leave it to fate on what silly happen after my treatment.
Highlighted

Hi Maria,
So sorry you have found yourself in this club full of lovely ladies, as Lola says this is the one club no one wants to join but unfortunately find ourselves here. I'm 3 days post re-excision get my results 7th March. Was dx end of Dec that was the day I got on this roller coaster ride.
Have a look on the Macmillan site there is a lot of helpful information on there and there may be something regarding fertility, it's definitely worth having a look.
What ever you do don't give up on the planning there is always the possibility of IVF never give up! You will get through this just like the rest of us we are all going to beat this. Be strong be positive and you will come out the other side of this journey
Laura, 12 hours sleep is fab can you send me your sleep fairy over to me please
Take care ladies xxx
Highlighted

Thanks Lola, it is a club you wouldn'we want to join bUT I'm glad I mingled as soon as I was qualified.
Highlighted

Hi Victoria, thanks a lot. I did mention about the nice recommendation but apparently, it is at the moment just a recommendation and the current pct criteria still holds. I have spoken to my breast cancer nurse and she said she'll find out if they could help in any way. I am glad I started writing on this site, it helps a lot. And u are right, beat this and I can do anything. I am lucky that I have a supportive partner who said he doesn't love me any less now that I only have one breast and if we won't have any children. It is just heart breaking that u face cancer and possibility of not having children goes with it. But thank u so much, it gives me strength to read all the stories and realise I am not alonthis world world suffering this despair.
Highlighted

Hi Maria,

I'm so sorry you find yourself in this club. The club no-one wants to join. I have seen many posts on this forum about people in your situation having their eggs frozen before chemo starts. I didn't realise it was for younger women only, and maybe because chemo is involved there are different rules? Have you checked this? What a horrible situation to be in. I am so sorry.

A biopsy on a Sunday Victoria??!!! Blimey, that is a turn up.

Well done LS for getting 12 hours sleep - will have done you the world of good.

xxx
Highlighted

Hi Maria
I'm so sorry that you have had this happen. It does seem that they are doing everything very quickly with you which is really good news. I am 39 and already have two children who I look after on my own, yes I am lucky - I know this.

I would say that this experience has taught me already that you just don't know what is around the next corner. I'm pretty sure that it has been in the news this week that they are going to/might offer one round of IVF to women in there 40's. If this is the case then you may get help. I am not sure if you may qualify for extra help if you have fertility problems due to chemo - there may be extra help out there.

But as I said - we don't know what is around the corner in life. Beat this and you can do anything! Certainly don't start thinking that you won't ever have children - there is every possibility that you will. You may get offered IVF or your financial circumstances may unexpectidly change. At the moment you should just concentrate on living each day and have hope for the future you and your husband dreamed of.

Thinking of you, Victoria
Highlighted

Hi everyone,
first day as a member on this site and just started reading threads, I'm still at a lost don't know what I feel at the moment. I felt my lump on the 3rd, being lucky to work in the nhs, a breast consultant saw me on the 5th and had mammogram,uss and biopsy. I was told straight away from the mammogram result that I have cancer. I already had my ct scan and bone scan and luckily, they are all ok, no mets. Got my biopsy result on the 15th aha confirmed grade 3 idc, aggressive and has necrotic area in the middle 4cm. So I opted for mastectomy then chemo which I had last Wednesday with lymph node bx. I have my post op appointment on the 8th to make a plan for chemo and what type I need and discuss result of lymph node bx. I am 41 and just started to plan a family before I was diagnosed so I was referred to fertility clinic in barts straight away. I was just told on Thursday that I would need to self fund my fertility treatment because I am on my 40's and that just hit me all the way, taken away my hope. it is very expensive and we are not prepared for this financially so I envy u guys who already have kids. I am trying to find out if I can get any help anywhere but if not, I guess I would just need to learn how to cope with it. It is so frustrating but it is helpful to read everybody's thoughts, advice and experiences reassuring that I am not alone in this situation.
thanks.
Highlighted

Hi Lisa,

So glad you got some well deserved sleep - that makes us more able to cope.

Told me on thursday that they saw 4 more tumours but they don't think I have an node involvement - they will do a biopsy next sunday (3rd march), then an MX on the 18th. I was expecting to get a treatment plan regarding chemo etc but they haven't got that far with me yet - I just want to know what will happen ....... all this waiting is hard, but we have to stay positive.

Keep in touch wont you x x x
Highlighted

Lola - certainly was an ordeal (for him anyway..obviously I was oblivious until after the event)..lucky you making it home for 1pm..I too was first on the list but I think I held things up by being complicated...
Yesterday I didnt feel any pain at all, today I must admit I ache abit, they asked me if I wanted meds to take away and I said no i'd make do with paracetamol, they gave me codeine too, which last night and today I am grateful for..!! I didnt sleep so well on Friday night, having come round after the op I them fought to stay awake all day..I figured that if the surgeon came round and found me sleeping soundly he'd leave me be until Saturday morning and I wanted to be discharged..!! lol, when I finally got to bed on Friday night I think I was overtired and in an effort to comply with the nurses requests to get plenty of fluids down me (I just doo everything they tell me in an attempt to be released) I spent the night getting up and down to the bathroom..last night was a better night though..slept for 12 hours in total, it was very much needed sleep.
I totally agree regarding the vascular involvement, they had this info at my follow up appointment on 13th Feb, but only told me that there was no node involvement, I asked prior to my op this time around about vascular involvement and it was then the BCN told me there was none, I was surprised that they hadnt mentioned it themselves at my follow up appointment since alot of the literature available in the waiting room mentions both lymphatic and vascular. I think in future I will be asking for a copy of my path report too..!! Good luck with your results..fingers are crossed for you and let us know how you get on.

Meemoo - How did you get on Thursday..?? Have they given you a treatment plan..?? If so I hope its put your mind at rest alittle as to what you can expect over the next few weeks/months..keep us posted..we are all here for you..
thinking of you all, Laura xx
Highlighted

LS - Wow girl you made that anaesthetist work for his money! Hope you feel ok now ............and YEY YEY YEY no node involvement!!!! that is fantastic news. Won't be long until the 7th and then you are well on the way to full recovery.

Lola - glad you op went better than LS. I know it feels like a long wait but til friday, I'm thinking of you x x x
Highlighted

Hi LS,
What a "to do". Your poor Anaesthetist!! I hope your throat isn't too sore after all that messing. Mine is a bit sore without any messing. In fact, when the lovely anaesthetist came to the ward before the op he recognised me from the initial op and praised himself for doing a good job in not losing any of my crowns! I did have to stop the theatre nurse from doing my blood pressure on my "bad" arm - good job I was still awake at the time.

I was first on the list, down in theatre about 9am and back home by 1pm - so quicker than you. I am one of those lucky people that thrive on general anaesthetics - they make me bright and breezy for some reason. Bizarre. My boob is very tender to touch, and my clothes are catching on it, but otherwise I feel fine. Just had a sharp shooting pain though - probably the nerves complaining. I slept well, although may be because I took a Co-codemol, which make you sleepy.

I have an appointment to see the surgeon on 7th March but my results may be ready next Friday, the 1st. so I will ring my BCN that day. She gave them to me over the phone last time.

Good news indeed about no vascular involvement - that is one crucial and encouraging detail the medics often forget to tell us, and why I insist on a copy of the path report. My initial path report said no evidence of vascular invasion, but not one person has ever told me this!! I wish you the best of luck and fingers crossed you have clear margins, no further surgery, and no chemo.

xxx
Highlighted

meemoo keep us posted with how you got on Thursday, fingers have been crossed for you
lola65, think you had your DCIS Re Ex yesterday the same as me, how you feeling post op..??
I'm 24 hours post DCIS Re Ex, results on 7th March, not feeling too bad this time round, op was at 9.10am and was back home for 7pm and DRAIN FREE..!!
I have type 1 diabetes and this time managed to get them to keep me off a glucose drip (which saw my blood sugars rocket the last time) I just had a glucose injection which seemed to keep my bloods stable..I did, apparently make the anesthetists life extremely difficult..oooops and on a Friday too , my last op on 7th they said I had to tell them in furture I was difficult to intubate, this anesthetist said that was an understatment and for the first time in his career he actually considered calling the op off..!! I will now be armed with a letter for any further planned surgery..explaining how difficult I am, apparently for a number of reasons, windpipe not straight, throat tight, mucus restricted camera view, full set of my own teeth (I thought that was an asset..!! lol) and small mouth (hahahaha my OH would definitley argue that 1..!!) and oxygen levels dropped quickly which allowed him only 30-45 seconds to get the tube in place, he tried twice, then got a colleague involved, they agreed to try a final time and if it failed on last attempt to call the op off, fortunately the last attempt was successful, I know by the pain that they tried 'hard' though..!!
Some good news from yesterday, already aware of no node involvement, but was also told, to the best of their knowledge no vascular involvement either, that it was likely I would need rads only..so heres hoping that once I'm out the waiting room its to clear margins (I have everything crossed), and that will be the case.
take good care everyone and keep us up to date with your progress xxx
Highlighted

You hit the nail on the head there Meemo ..... One day at a time. Concentrate on the next stage (your results tomorrow) and after that, on to stage 2 whatever that may be. Forget what comes after that until it arrives. Bannish all the whatifs.
I wish I could follow my own advice!

xx
Highlighted

Linda/Chris,

Thank you soooooo much for your replies.

I have been reading your posts on the 'Valentines' forum and would like to join you strong wonderful ladies as soon as I get my results and treatment plan tomorrow (I am fine about it at the moment but know I will be sick with nerves again when I am sat in the REAL waiting room!).

The thing I find hardest at the moment is that it's not just one thing you need to think/learn about - there are SO many things going round in my head - - - What does the cancer mean - Will I lose my hair ---- Will I start early menopause - Will chemo mean I can't look after my children on my own - What other side effects - what what what what ............blah blah blah blah.

It's exhausting and I haven't even started chemo yet!!!! I guess I need to start learning to cope with one day at a time.

thanks for your support - so so grateful
xx
(i'll try and make sure I only post this the once!)
Highlighted

Hi Storm,

I am so sorry that your Valentines was the same as mine . However, after the inital shock, bang, whallop, I hope you are starting to come back down to planet earth - I know that I seem to have been on planet panic these last few weeks.

I don't know why but I have had a sense of 'normality' again the last 2 days. Lots of people on here have repeatedly said the begining and the waiting is the worse part - which is where we are - so looks like things will get better for us once we have a bit more control over what is happening.

When is your surgery date? Please keep in touch and let me know how things are going.

Does you OH's son live with you? I know telling them isn't going to be easy but Karen gave some good advice - and that was to tell them when your having a good day!
Lots of love, xx
Highlighted

Hi Meemo and everyone,
Good luck for tomorrow with your scan results. I hope someone is going with you to the appointment. Once you have those results you should get your treatment plan and will then feel a whole heap better as the sooner you start the sooner you can start to kick this disease into touch. The Waiting Room is a horrible place to be. We are all here to support each other, so please keep posting and browsing.

Good luck Storm with your results.

Linda xxx
Highlighted

Hi Meemo and Storm1,I sugggest you do all your worrying on this site,we are going through everything together and everyone is supportive and discusses all the side effects and treatments.We also have the experts overseeing us.
Others with youngsters will help you too.Funnily enough the first person I told when diagnosed was my 14yr old grandaughter,we are very close.I have 2 daughters and an 18yr old grandaughter,all family and friend overs have been so supportive,not a day goes by without texts from them.
We have all said we hated the waiting and just want to get on with treatment so that we can tick it off and see the end in sight.I am having FEC x6 which is over 18 wks then 3 wks radiotherapy Dx Invasive ductal clear margins lumpectomy(2 lumps together)Sentinel nodes clear.Op was fine.
i hope they give you your plan this week.
Re your partner,some people are frightened by illness and dont know how to cope when family affected.I hope it works out for you.
Sending you Big hugs Chris xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Meemoo,
I too was given my diagnosis on valentines day. I am 33.
I went yesterday for extra tests to see if it had spread to my lymph nodes. The doctor said that first impressions of what they saw suggested it hadn't, but it'll be a couple of days till they can confirm that.
I did meet the consultant yesterday which seemed to help my state of mind. He was able to give me a date for my surgery, when I'm having just the lump removed. I've been told to then expect chemo and rads.
Its a terrible place to meet, but it is very nice to meet you. I don't have any children but my OH does, a 12 year old son. We haven't told him yet because of other things that are going on in his world, but plan to tell him, not this weekend coming but the weekend after. Which will be the weekend before my surgery.
I'm very new to this forum but it has already given me much needed support and courage. I've banned myself from google also!
I wish you all the very best for your results tomorrow. It appears that we are at exactly the same step of this journey we are facing.
Big hugs to you,
xxx
Highlighted

It's a lovely thread to join just pop a message on when u want to & you will be made very welcome, i use my phone so post a lot others only now & then , some girls have had their chemo delayed until march but still staying with us , it helps cos u can read everyone's SE's or rants & know your not alone. I was first off the mark so often read Jan Jems thread just to see how they are doing for comparison . It's a personal journey though & everyone is different so Just take the info that helps you .btw there is also a link somewhere for abbreviations if needed lol ! Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow x
Highlighted

Hi Karen,

Yes he is 8 - thanks for the info, i'll take a look. We both had a really good day today, and I cherish the moments - the first day i've felt 'normal'. This site has helped loads already.

I have been reading all the posts in your 'Valentine' group - you are all so inspiring. I notice you have started your chemo - I've read with lots of interest how you are getting on. Hope our having some good days. I'd like to be able to join your group as you all seem so supportive of each other. I get my results this thursday so will have my treatment plan then.

Wishing you lots of good days x x
Highlighted

Hi Karen,

Yes he is 8 - thanks for the info, i'll take a look. We both had a really good day today, and I cherish the moments - the first day i've felt 'normal'. This site has helped loads already.

I have been reading all the posts in your 'Valentine' group - you are all so inspiring. I notice you have started your chemo - I've read with lots of interest how you are getting on. Hope our having some good days. I'd like to be able to join your group as you all seem so supportive of each other. I get my results this thursday so will have my treatment plan then.

Wishing you lots of good days x x
Highlighted

If your son is under 10yrs old have a look at the book " mummy's lump" I had a look on this site by PDF then had it posted for free, my daughter is 6 & I found it helpful , she didn't want to read it in the end but I used it for picking up tips what to say x( I cried the first time I read it on my own made me realise I wasn't able to tell her until it was a " good day " .. You will get them ! )
Highlighted

And you can kick its bum too! Anything at all you want to ask please do...there is no such thing as a silly question!
Rae
x

Highlighted

Raechi - bless you!

Thank you for taking the time get in touch - looks like I am exactly a year behind you with the same diagnosis. Congratulations on getting the all clear last week - that is something to celebrate indeed (and I hope I can reply in the same fashion this time next year!). I hope that this year you will have an AMAZING birthday.

Thank you for letting me know about Facebook but I don't tend to use it at the moment - I'll let you know if I change my mind. I have felt instantly better from the replies I have received here.
I still don't know what my diagnosis means or what it will involve treatment wise but I am hoping that on Thursday I can take some control - limbo land is not fun!
Wishing you a fab fab birthday - you must feel soooooo proud of what you have achieved over the last year - you killed Cancer!!!
xx
Highlighted

WOW ......

I've just put the computer on since i posted last night and all of you lovely ladies have replied. A big big thank you - just seeing your replies has given me hope that this could be the worst time.

What wonderful advice you have ALL already given me - and yes I will now try and resist 'google'

LS1972 - I am sorry you have had this at such a young age too, please keep in touch with you op results this Friday (22nd). (I get mine on the 21st) xx

Karen - Hope you are feeling as well as possible after your chemo. I notice you have started a 'Valentines' thread that I will take a look at later. x I will pick a good day to tell my son, and will try and find a little advice on what best to tell him. xx

MM - so glad the MX has gone as well possible - I am sorry you are left waiting again - when are your results due? I pray they will be good. x

Angiepops - looks like we were only a day apart with being told so at the same stage of 'shock'. Like you today seems my first normal day when every waking moment hasn't been filled with cancer thoughts - I'll go as far as to say today is a GOOD day!!! Hope you can have a few too whilst you are waiting.

Here is wishing us ALL more sunshine and Better Days . Thank you all. x x x
Highlighted

Hiya Meemoo,
I am so sorry you have found yourself with a cancer diagnosis. I was diagnosed a year ago on 16th Feb with a Grade 2 invasive ductal ca (i was 36). I was also given my results on the 21st Feb (which just so happened to be my birthday!) I have had chemo, then a mastectomy followed by radiotherapy, hormone therapy and herceptin. (I akso had embryos frozen before having chemo as i wanted children and had not had any)
A year down the line and i was just last week given the 'No Evidence of Disease' news from my MRI scans. I guess what i am trying to say is - for all the bad things that might be going through your head..a year later I am still here and chemo kicked some arse!
I know you mind will be going 10 to the dozen now with questions right now. Write them down and take them with you. I had a whole heap of questions for my oncologist. The waiting is the worst and i think once a treatment plan is in place you feel more in control of the siutation. and i agree STEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE... The Macmillan site is good for listing out treatments and side effects etc..
Dont be afraid to ask any questions on here as there is a wealth of experience..and you will get some great advice. I know i did.
Also - if you are on Facebook i belong to a 'closed' (private) younger womens group on there with ladies from all over the UK. If you are interested i can let you know how to join - if you would like to. Again there is loads of experience on there and its a private place to chat about all sorts of things..
Thinking of you on the 21st - if i can answer any questions at all about treatment then feel free to ask.
Rae
x

Highlighted

Hi meemoo and others
The younger womens section on the side bar is a really useful starting point to get information and find support if you want it. I was dx at 38 in 2010 with a 2year old and a 4 year old. This site helped me a lot. There are lots of resources out there when you are ready for them, so please dont feel you are alone.
debx

Highlighted

Hi, I qualify to join your 'gang' too..aged 40 and diagnosed with IDC stage 2 on 23rd Jan, WLE & SNB on 7th Feb, follow up apptment showed no node involvement but 3cm of DCIS so further op on 22nd to remove that then back to the 'waiting room' to see if they have clear margins (heres hoping)..I have to agree with what has already been said here, waiting is the worst part, try to keep busy and carry on with life as normally as you possibly can, I found this almost impossible in those first few days following Dx but I carried on working and visited friends, the busier I was the better, I have an indication of what my treatment plan mayb, I will have to have rad's but still unsure about chemo at present, I am guessing that will depend on this next op..brilliant advice there from mungos mum..keep well clear of google, I made that mistake before finding my way here.
Take care and best of luck on Thursday x
Highlighted

Hi , I am so sorry you find yourself here however I can assure you we have all been where you are now & I found it to be a very dark , scary place . i was dx on dec 11th & like you had so many questions & fears , it does get easier especially once you know your exact diagnosis & treatment plan .
I would advise you to use this site or Macmillan & keep off the Internet a lot of stuff is out of date or inaccurate & can scare the pants off you !
my daughter is 6 & i only told her once I knew the full situation & I picked a day when I was strong , pick your time when your having a good day there's no rush , get your own head around it first. I brought my daughter up for 4 years on my own before meeting my OH so I know how hard it is on your own however you will find strength to cope & you must accept offers of help when needed from friends or family .
It's very surreal isn't it , it comes as such a shock & whilst your in the waiting room it is the hardest part , I never slept for a month ! Try to take someone with you when you meet with consultants etc as I never took it all in
ive had my first chemo & it's " do able " we all offer support on here whether you are scared , angry or just have a question , we all have different situations but on the rollercoaster together
hang on in there , keep busy , fresh air is great !! & take care x
Highlighted

Hi,

Yes, IDC is invasive ductal carcinoma. there are a number of acronyms used on this site; you may find this page useful:
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/using-discussion-forums/glossary-useful-words-te...

DO NOT GOOGLE! The internet holds much out of date information, or information which needs interpretation. This site and the Macmillan site are updated regularly, and should answer all general questions you may have.

The MX itself was not too troublesome, I haven't had much pain from the wound at all, and the swelling has already subsided. However, the Axial Node Clearance (necessary because the SNB showed node involvement) had compromised movement in my arm, but this is already much better. The three week wait for my post operative results has almost driven me to distraction, but my BCN has been very reassuring over the phone and I have tried to keep busy meeting friends and family or undertaking retail therapy! Chocolate has featured a lot!!

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes on 21st.

best wishes,

MM xx
Highlighted

hi meemoo
just to let you know, i have just been diagnosed but i was so numb i cant even remember what with and they have explained to me, i just dont retain the information at all. i know i have got to have an op and chemo afterwards, but to be honest i just havent been able t think straight.
i know that the internet is probably not the place to be looking, it scared me with all the horror stories so i gave it up rather quickly. I'm trying to fill my days with happy things, happy thoughts, and keeping busy because the days pass so slowly, i went on the 6th feb and was told straight away but i think today is the first day i have felt 'normal' in myself, mainly because i now know when they are going to contact me to tell me when i can go in for my op. i get what you are saying about thinking all sorts of things, i do it a lot, it wears you out tho.
mm is right i think, it does get a liitle better.
wishing you happy thoughts very soon, angiepops. xx
Highlighted

Hi MM,

Thank you for taking the time to reply - very kind.

It certainly does feel like I'm sat in the waiting room. I am sorry that you have/are going through this. It is so much to take in let alone understand.

Is grade 2 IDC the name for what I have also?

How was the MX, it seems that they did this very quickly for you - I do hope that you are having a good recovery amd coping ok. I am so glad that you have support. I do have very good friends (although all have very young children/babies so there time is very limited) -

Reading things on the internet made me go crazy with fear - so I'm hoping htis will be a safer better place.

Wishing you all the luck in the world for Wednesday,
xx
Highlighted

Meemoo,

I am so sorry to have met you here. The "Waiting Room" is the worst place to be, not knowing what is in store, but once you have seen the consultant and know the treatment plan, you will feel so much more in control.
One month ago, I was diagnosed with grade 2 IDC and DCIS. Due to the extent of "unstable tissue", I had an MX and ANC at the end of January. I get my post operative review on Wednesday, and will hear what adjuvant treatment I will get then.
I am fortunate that my children are older, but my OH, family and friends have been incredibly supportive; I hope you can find someone to support you as it does help to have someone with you at the appointments as a second pair of ears. I couldn't concentrate on much and most information didn't register.
It will get better. Keep posting here for help and advice, I have found these pages a comfort and in many cases an inspiration whilst I have been waiting.
Sending you cyber hugs, keep strong,

best wishes,
MM xx
Highlighted

Hi Meemoo,

You've come to the right place here at BCC, for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. While you are waiting for replies could I suggest that you give our helpline team a ring and have a chat with them about your concerns, they're here to support you. Lines are open again tomorrow morning (9-5 Mon to Fri and 10-2 Sat), calls are free, 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Highlighted

Diagnosed on Valenties day - 39yrs old

Hi,
I just don't know where to start with all this...........

On the 7th Feb I went to the breast clinic to check what I thought was a cyst - I found out that day it was cancer. If just felt like a small pea behind my nipple. I had my biopsy results on Valenties day and was told that I have 'invasive ductal carcinoma grade 2'.

I had an MRI scan on the 15th and I meet with the doctors again this Thursday (21st) for the results of the MRI.

I was told that it is small but they will still want to talk to my about MX and Chemo - and I have no idea why as this seems really scary stuff (thought I might just have a lumpsectomy and rads).

Thursday seems like such a long way off and I'm thinkg all sorts of things.

Sadly, my partner and I argued before I got my results last week and I have not seen him since - I am left wondering just how I will cope with 2 small children and chemo? I don't even know how sick chemo can make you as the internet seems to be full of so many horror stories. Is anybody else in a similar situation (and I am truly sorry if you are).
x