Diagnosed sept 2015

hi there 

been diagnosed grade 3 invasive ductal  HER 2 + and ER +ve last Monday feeling totally numb, given so many options, chemo then surgery then herceptin or surgery then chemo then herceptin, totally confused and scared, had MRI scan today seeing oncologist tomorrow, need to make a decision but don’t know what to do for best! Seeing the strength in the groups is totally inspiring, just need to try to stay positve ? I have followed the threads almost obseviously! Would like to contact people for support!!!.. Please BTW from Leeds in Yorkshire x

Hi Les,

cant really give give you advice on treatment because I was diagnosed with a diff type of cancer (37mm invasive lobular, PR+, ER+ and HER-), but I just wanted to send you a big hug and wish you all the best for your future treatment. It’s a lot to get your head round at the start,but remember that there’s always someone on this site who’ll understand how your feeling, so you don’t have to be alone. Ann x x

Hi Les, hope you have had a productive appointment with your Oncologist today and that you feel a little clearer about what happens next.When you are first diagnosed there is so much to take in and it’s like the docs are talking a different language.There will usually be someone on the forum who has had a similar experience to you and can answer your questions.