Diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma grade 2.....oestrogen receptor positive.

Hi everyone, 2 weeks of waiting over…this is my result. Somehow i feel a bit better, after the 2 worst weeks of my life. I did’nt cry either which was a great acheivement on my part, proud of myself for that! So, the journey begins. Yes i’m still scared.MRI in 2 wks. Anyone on here got the same kind of cancer?

Hello Dianne, welcome to our club that none of us wishes to join.

This is such a supportive place, with all sorts of reactions to the diagnosis but everyone says the waiting is the worst thing. I was fine for my diagnosis, but as so long (well over a year since I had pointed out an ‘odd’ area of my breast at my annual cancer check, as I had cancer in the other breast 5 years ago) had passed I think I was ready for almost anything. In fact I was very calm all the way through, but post-op has been more difficult as the lymph node area hurt quite a bit - the op area didn’t at all! The weakness is my bugbear.

Anyway, with a diagnosis much the same as yours, I decided I couldn’t go through the possibility of having lobular cancer there again - not showing on mammograms again, so decided on a mx. I am also ER+ and PR+, and was started on hormone therapy a few weeks before my op.

I wish you lots of love and luck as you continue along your journey. Be kind to yourself, build little treats into your life, don’t explore the internet, stay on trusted sites like this one and ask on here what you like, shout out on here if you need to - we all understand.

Gentle hugs, Jo x

Hi Dianne60

Along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 so please feel free to call

Here’s a link to the BCC ‘I am undergoing treatments’ section of the site which I hope is useful over the coming weeks and months:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Tale care
Lucy BCC

Yes. . I have(had) the very same type and stage.  I’ve been through the mastectomy, chemo and am now in my radiation.

Hello Dianne,
I was diagnosed with the same 20 months ago. Had to have a mastectomy with immediate recon. No chemo or rads required. On Letrozole and although it causes side effects I am back to normal otherwise. There is light at the end of the tunnel believe me! Good luck with everything.
Ann

Hi Dianne,

Same diagnosis for me, I’ve had a mastectomy, followed by axilary node clreance and am waiting to start chemotherapy.

Post operatively the axillary node clearance has been painful and restrictive, but after the mastectomy I was fine - I was amazed actually that they could chop my boob off and I was feeling ok a few hours afterwards, maybe it was the adrenalin!

Take care of yourself, let yourself feel whatever you feel - go with the moment!

There’s a lot of support on here and possibly local to you too - I discovered after being diagnosed myself several other women closeby, who I know, who’ve had breast cancer is the last few years, sadly it’s so common, I had no idea until this happened to me.

Keep posting on here when you need to, I’ve found the forum very supportive, and do use the helpline - they’re fabulous.

Love and hugs xx

Hi there,

Yes just been diagnosed with the very same thing (2 weeks ago). Breast surgeon has advised chemo before surgery, but I haven’t seen oncologist yet or had any further scans.  Hoping things will speed up as everything seems to be so slow.  I feel incredibly tired and a bit weak which is worrying me. I’m also aware of every little ache and pain in my body -I’m told this is normal as you become hyper-aware of your body when you think cancer might be rampageing around it!  It’s a horrible place to be at the moment and you have my sympathy and understanding.