Diagnosed with Medullary cancer today

Hi everyone,
Just looking for a bit of support having been diagnosed with medullary cancer grade 3 today, i’m 34 and have no experience with cancer at all not in the family or anything,
Feeling a quite devastated at the moment but strong and determined at the same time

Hi stel77
Sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I don’t have any experience of medullary cancer so I’m sorry I can’t help you. I’m bumping this up s that hopefully someone else will see it and be able to offer some support and advice.
Good luck with whatever yreatmnt is planned for you.
Nicky

Hi Nicky , I am so sorry you have had to join us all here on the forums, but I promise you will find them so supportive. From distant memories I think that I remember Medullary Cancer is a subgroup of a Basal Cancer that although shows signs of quick growth and high grade also has a BETTER outcome. Do ring the Helpline and ask the girls there about it or see if there is an information leaflet on this Breast Cancer Care site, Cancer Research or Macmillan.
I hope all goes well for you. They will throw everything they can at you to try to get rid of the rotten thing. Do trust and use your team, everything these days is very much led by sound Research . It is a frightening time, and the worst bit is waiting and lack of information. I took the stand 'if in doubt ’ , or having a “blip” to ring 0808 800 6000- the Helpline. Each time I did I got the / information/ support I needed. They can also provide Peer support for you if you want it. Take everything one day at a time, and do what YOU want. (ie. You might not feel like contacting the Helpline etc just yet. ) The only other advice I can give to you is if “Googling” do stick to the good big Information providers. There is a lot of rubbish out there!!!
Best wishes and a big Hug
Cackles x

Hi cackles
I think you meant to put stel77, not Nicky, in your reply?

Thankyou cackles and nicky xx
I was told yesterday to stick to this site and macmillan for the best support and advice, trying to put and keep my positive head on at the moment, I know i’ll be fine especially with all the inspiring women on here just got to get over the shock of it all xx

Hi Stel77,
BreastCancerCare’s leaflet on medullary bc can be downloaded if you go to this page:
www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/medullary-breast-cancer-bcc185

Quote from the leaflet:
“Although each case is different, the
outlook for medullary breast cancer is
often thought to be better than the
other, more common types of invasive
breast cancer.”

:slight_smile:

Thankyou mrsblue, positives before its begun so it can’t be too bad x