Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed with breast cancer

3 REPLIES 3
mexjun2012

Re: Diagnosed with breast cancer

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are on here!!

I am 29 and found my lump 2 weeks after having my baby and was so awful, found to be a carcinosarcoma which was 8cm in diameter.  I started my chemotherapy on Tuesday and wasnt too bad, I am on a regime of FEC-T which is 3 doses of FEC and 3 of Taxane.  Where abouts are you having your treatment? I am due to have a mastectomy, radiotherapy and reconstruction in the future.  If you need any advice I will try my best, I am a nurse too so I do have some experience of hospitals and terminology!

x x

Lucy_BCC

Hi Camper and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you have here our helpliners are on hand weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 with emotional and practical support on 0808 800 6000 so please do call if you feel it would help to talk any concerns or queries over

Here's a link to information about treatments and possible side effects and further support ideas from BCC which you may find helpful over the coming months:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campa...

Take care

Lucy BCC

poemsgalore

Hi Camper,

So sorry you have joined the club nobody wants to join. Very glad you got clear margins and no lymph nodes involved.

The best advice I can give you is to join one of the chemo monthly threads. The latest is those starting in November but there will be one started for December shortly - maybe you could start it. I am a February Valentine, one of the best decisions I've ever made. We are a very close group who keep in touch via FaceBook, and sometimes meet up in person. Perhaps you could look at some of the posts in one of the earlier groups to get an idea of the kind of things you will be going through. Lots of hints and tips also available in the chemotherapy thread. 

Here is the link to the monthly groups thread: http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/bd-p/Chemotherapy_monthy_thread...

Sending gentle hugs and best wishes

poemsgalore xx

Camper1970

Diagnosed with breast cancer

Been diagnosed with breast cancer stage 3 aggressive 24mm, age 43, had a lumpectomy to remove, not gone to lymph nodes, which is really good news, had to have a further pop to remove more tissue as just over the margin all clear , next stage chemo, little nervous as not sure what effect this will have, just need to stay positive 😃