Diagnosed yesterday, already have fibromyalgia, anyone else have multiple health issues?

Hi all, 

I am still in shock and now face the tall task of telling my children and family. This is muddied by the fact that I already have FM and am quite disabled by this. Does anyone else have multiple health issues?, and when talking to others about the cancer, how did you distinguish beween it all?

thanks in advance for all your support.

D

Hello Dannu

Welcome to the forums, this must be very difficult time for you, I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer practical information as well as emotional support. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

I’m not sure how old your children are but I’ve attached a link to our booklet on ‘Mummy Lump’ which may help if your children are young  www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/mummys-lump-bcc164

With best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Dannu

So sorry to hear of your Diagnosis. I was DX in October 2012, At time of diagnosis I had RA, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Bronchiectasis with pseudomonas colonization of lungs, high blood pressure. As I was taking Methotrexate and Leflunomide for RA, I had to stop MTX so I could have chemo. I found that while I was having chemo, I had no symptoms of RA. Everything seemed to behave itself until after my treatment finished. I now also have Rheumatoid Vasculitis.

If you need chemo, make sure you inform your rheumatologist or whatever consultant you see for your FM. You might find your fatigue becomes worse, although with chemo you do get a few days with steroids which should help somewhat. As far as distinguishing between it all, I’m not sure what you mean. I just got on with what I needed to do. My family (5 children, 7 grandchildren, dad and sister, husband) were all supportive but my husband worried about my other conditions causing problems. Luckily they didn’t, but they’ve more than made up for it since!!

Sending hugs and best wishes, when you have a treatment plan, things seem to become clearer and you will probably feel more positive - most of us do.

poemsgalore xx